Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? 13:54 - May 20 with 920 viewsWeWereZombies

Just cancelled my policy with another provider because cost more than doubled so have to use someone else (or just wing it) and wondered if the cashback that the AA offer is a faff or easy to get value out of.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 14:43 - May 20 with 892 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure about that but they knocked £50 off renewal quote when we said we would go elsewhere !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 14:48 - May 20 with 888 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't you get it free with your bank? I get AA plus travel and phone insurance.

Mother is with Green Flag and they have been very good.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 14:48 - May 20 with 887 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 14:43 - May 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure about that but they knocked £50 off renewal quote when we said we would go elsewhere !

Yeah, the advice on Money Savings Expert was haggle but when I tried it with Kwikfit Insurance Services they just said 'Oh, so you want your policy to lapse'. We are not talking about a great deal cash wise - went from £15.26 to £32.71 but the principle of just accepting a 115% increase goes against the grain - and I can supposedly get the same for £19 from the AA (and I use the route planner from time to time so feels like I should show some loyalty).

Still, this way I avoid a company who cannot spell (policy started off with The Green Insurance Company and was then taken over).

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 14:52 - May 20 with 879 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 14:48 - May 20 by Lord_Lucan

Don't you get it free with your bank? I get AA plus travel and phone insurance.

Mother is with Green Flag and they have been very good.

I will have a squint next time I log on but I expect with the cheapskate way I have things set up it will not be the case. And I do not even spend enough with Tesco these days to get the RAC with Clubcard vouchers...and bl00dy Tesco Stowmarket do not have the Mackerel with Teriyaki sauce on their shelves either.

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 15:11 - May 20 with 865 viewsconnorscontract

Anyone got breakdown cover with the AA and got it cheaper with cashback? on 14:52 - May 20 by WeWereZombies

I will have a squint next time I log on but I expect with the cheapskate way I have things set up it will not be the case. And I do not even spend enough with Tesco these days to get the RAC with Clubcard vouchers...and bl00dy Tesco Stowmarket do not have the Mackerel with Teriyaki sauce on their shelves either.

Have you got a Quidco or similar account? I've done car insurance with the AA through them in the past and received the cash-back no problem (always takes a few months, thoug).

Now, like Lucan, I'm covered through my bank account.

Quidco is worth doing. A decent percentage back on things like hotels from expedia etc, and plenty of big online retailers.

www.quidco.com
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024