Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This happened right next to my house yesterday 22:17 - May 20 with 6480 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If I hadn't had my operation, I'd have been walking my brother home through that part from an after school club at that time.

Broad daylight.

The four who killed the lad were 19, 17, 15 and 14. That's bonkers.

Brewery went into lockdown and families were running through Romford screaming thinking it was a tenor attack. I saw some of that from my house knowing it had all gone off as the police were everywhere.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39971037

Apparently that's the 15th knife murder in London in the last month. What a sad statistic.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 0:28]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 09:56 - May 21 with 2773 viewsstrikalite

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 08:14 - May 21 by Benters

Yes indeed a bloody great blackboard wooden rubber would come hurtling across our classroom at times,if you were being a pain to the teacher.

He would make you take it back and give you a thrashing across the hand with it.

Haha, loved that ba :)

Still happy days though? Sounds well over the top but results still equal discipline which has sadly left schools now, there were tough teachers when i was a school in the early eighties but at the same time we all can speak of a few really good ones who had control without force, they just had that control of kids and nobody knew why really, they had the respect I guess..

When you have kids in gangs at the age of 10 then they're already lost..
This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:06 - May 21 with 2760 viewsfactual_blue

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 09:55 - May 21 by Benters

Then it was lashings of Ginger Beer all round ?

Which Famous Five book is that quote from?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:10 - May 21 with 2751 viewsBenters

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:06 - May 21 by factual_blue

Pass.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:11 - May 21 with 2748 viewsBenters

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 09:56 - May 21 by strikalite

Haha, loved that ba :)

Still happy days though? Sounds well over the top but results still equal discipline which has sadly left schools now, there were tough teachers when i was a school in the early eighties but at the same time we all can speak of a few really good ones who had control without force, they just had that control of kids and nobody knew why really, they had the respect I guess..

When you have kids in gangs at the age of 10 then they're already lost..

Yes it was a happy time,but like you say these gangs are sadly fkd before they leave school.

Gentlybentley

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:14 - May 21 with 2745 viewsfactual_blue

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:10 - May 21 by Benters

Pass.

That isn't the title of a Famous Five book.

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:31 - May 21 with 2733 viewshoppy

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:06 - May 21 by factual_blue

It wasn't, as Enid Blyton wasn't even born when that happened at your school.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 10:52 - May 21 with 2720 viewsGuthrum

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 08:29 - May 21 by TLA

Haha - the blackboard wiper seems to be a common memory and I'm surprised people weren't seriously hurt! I remember a Scottish teacher at my middle school who launched them so hard that there were several dents in the wall.

I'm not suggesting that it was a good thing but everything's changed too much in terms of kids respect for adults.

One classroom we had a sort of double-sided fabric blackboard which ran on rollers top and bottom, with metal bits between the two sheets to join them and a trough to hold chalk. That particular teacher (who was, in reality, a decent bloke and good friend of my father's) would pull it down with great force, especially when he got riled.

So, one day somebody carefully loaded the trough down the back with fragments of chalk and other rubbish. In came the teacher and, as expected, yanked down on the blackboard spraying the front rows of us with assorted shrapnel. Tremendous bate ensued.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 11:14 - May 21 with 2709 viewsfactual_blue

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 08:44 - May 21 by Benters

My history teacher was a git,walk into one of his lessons with your tie on the huh,he would make everybody sit down then make you feel a tit by making you stand up in front of the class and 'dress you properly' as he called it by strangling you with the tie.

Happy days though !

There wouldn't have been much history to teach when you were at school.

Login to get fewer ads

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 11:36 - May 21 with 2700 viewsWarkystache

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 06:05 - May 21 by Benters

1.Sort out the drugs culture.

2.Sort out the gang culture.

3.Anybody caught carrying a knife should be banged up in prison for a year at least,while they are in there teach them a trade so when they come out they can change their life's,give them a chance if they dont take it,they cant blame the system.

4.Bring back disipline in schools,none of this bolox teachers need to respect the pupils,in my day you respected the teachers,if you didnt you bloody knew about it.

Waits for the arrows of doom.

Tool the Teachers up! Let's have teachers wielding AK-47's for those 'harder to help' pupils. That'll show 'em.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 21:51 - May 22 with 2617 viewsWeWereZombies

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 08:38 - May 21 by Benters

I do all the cooking at home but i always manage to go out without a blade.

sh1t joke btw !

Sorry, did not realise that doing the cooking at home made you a professional chef.

More soberly, if you remove a line of defence for vulnerable people they will end up getting bug3ered - literally. No joke.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 16:23 - May 23 with 2559 viewsstantheman

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 08:14 - May 21 by Benters

Yes indeed a bloody great blackboard wooden rubber would come hurtling across our classroom at times,if you were being a pain to the teacher.

He would make you take it back and give you a thrashing across the hand with it.

We had a history teacher who threw one of those soft felty ones at a boy who wore glasses. It hit him full in the mush and when he took his specs off his whole face was white with chalk powder except where his glasses had been. Hilarity ensued.
This happened right next to my house yesterday on 16:25 - May 23 with 2556 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Incredibly, there was another stabbing 60 metres away last night. And another further away in havering.

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/two-stabbings-just-minutes-apart-on-haveri

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 16:34 - May 23 with 2540 viewsstantheman

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 16:25 - May 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Incredibly, there was another stabbing 60 metres away last night. And another further away in havering.

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/two-stabbings-just-minutes-apart-on-haveri

Sad times all round at present. What is the world coming to.
This happened right next to my house yesterday on 16:40 - May 23 with 2531 viewsitfcjoe

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 16:25 - May 23 by The_Romford_Blue

There's a pub down your way where we are always there to replace smashed windows, and the like. One recently someone tried to nick the safe and threw it down the stairs and caused loads of damage.

Must have dealt with break ins and done lock changes there about half a dozen times this year already

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 17:51 - May 23 with 2506 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 16:40 - May 23 by itfcjoe

There's a pub down your way where we are always there to replace smashed windows, and the like. One recently someone tried to nick the safe and threw it down the stairs and caused loads of damage.

Must have dealt with break ins and done lock changes there about half a dozen times this year already

Some dodgy pubs round this way buh

Nightlife is good though. Lots of the Essex community have a night out round hereby

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 18:02 - May 23 with 2496 viewsBenters

No wonder you never go out,i dont think i would if i lived in that sh1thole!

Gentlybentley

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 18:03 - May 23 with 2492 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 18:02 - May 23 by Benters

No wonder you never go out,i dont think i would if i lived in that sh1thole!

That's two stabbings within 100m of my house in under a week

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 18:04 - May 23 with 2491 viewsReuser_is_God

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 17:51 - May 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Some dodgy pubs round this way buh

Nightlife is good though. Lots of the Essex community have a night out round hereby

Cracking nightlife with all those stabbings.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 18:05 - May 23 with 2491 viewsBenters

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 18:03 - May 23 by The_Romford_Blue

That's two stabbings within 100m of my house in under a week

Board the windows up and stay in, sounds like the Police have lost control of the streets !

Gentlybentley

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 01:06 - May 24 with 2445 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This happened right next to my house yesterday on 18:04 - May 23 by Reuser_is_God

Cracking nightlife with all those stabbings.

4pm and 11pm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024