Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Found out something I didn't know yesterday 06:52 - May 21 with 7672 viewstextbackup

Player A received a £1m bonus to remain with us when a large bid came in a couple of years back, a sweetener to stay here. Taking said players wage to approx £25k a week. Not bad if you can get it, then sit injured most of season (not that it's his fault)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:07 - May 21 with 5411 viewsNo9

Your comment about the injury is interesting.
Some years ago now I learned from an ex pro fooballer that it could be beneficial to be injured, depending on your contract but it was possible to receive pay in full and get all potential bonuses paid by insurers.

I don't know if that still exists
on 07:10 - May 21 with 5386 views_

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:10 - May 21 with 5374 viewsBenters

Thats a result for the said player so to speak.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:13 - May 21 with 5368 viewstextbackup

on 07:10 - May 21 by _

Hungover?

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:16 - May 21 with 5344 viewsBenters

on 07:10 - May 21 by _

This !

Gentlybentley

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:17 - May 21 with 5348 viewsbrogansnose

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:16 - May 21 by Benters

This !

Indeed !
Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:18 - May 21 with 5336 viewsBenters

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:17 - May 21 by brogansnose

Indeed !

Nice work if you can get it !

Gentlybentley

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:19 - May 21 with 5339 viewsTLA

If that's true, it does show easy it is to spend money from transfers etc.

It also demonstrates what an awful state the game as a whole is in.

As an owner, if you sell your best player, you lack ambition - if you pay a relative fortune to keep them, it appears as though you're not investing in the squad because money isn't spent on new signings.

I guess without a new super-rich owner, we'll find a level we can afford to play at some day in the near future.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 7:20]
Login to get fewer ads

on 07:20 - May 21 with 5326 views_

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:13 - May 21 by textbackup

Hungover?

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:42 - May 21 with 5249 viewsBluefish

He is worth it.

I would pay extra to watch us when he is playing

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:53 - May 21 with 5197 viewstextbackup

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:42 - May 21 by Bluefish

He is worth it.

Lol, he'd still be in a team that struggle to understand his passing or ability.

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:56 - May 21 with 5194 viewsbrogansnose

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:42 - May 21 by Bluefish

He is worth it.

Leicester wern't messing around offering £8M for him at the time. Lovely player who quite often looks the best player on the pitch. Shame those around him aren't better and that we didn't have a striker to go with him this season.

The bloke's a delight.
Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 08:42 - May 21 with 5031 viewstextbackup

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:56 - May 21 by brogansnose

Leicester wern't messing around offering £8M for him at the time. Lovely player who quite often looks the best player on the pitch. Shame those around him aren't better and that we didn't have a striker to go with him this season.

The bloke's a delight.

Saw him out in Town a while back and my mate said very similar to him, he instantly replied 'it's a team game and those around me make me look a better player' we all laughed and told him we admired he'd said that but he didn't need to as it's so obvious to see that he's four or five passes ahead most of them. He was a really decent bloke actually (didn't doubt he wouldn't be obv)

on 08:45 - May 21 with 4986 views_

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 08:42 - May 21 by textbackup

Saw him out in Town a while back and my mate said very similar to him, he instantly replied 'it's a team game and those around me make me look a better player' we all laughed and told him we admired he'd said that but he didn't need to as it's so obvious to see that he's four or five passes ahead most of them. He was a really decent bloke actually (didn't doubt he wouldn't be obv)

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 08:52 - May 21 with 4927 viewsTractorWood

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 08:42 - May 21 by textbackup

Agree with Didz. He'd be nothing without pumps 30 yards beyond him into the channels by our defence.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 14:50]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 09:17 - May 21 with 4815 viewsBenters

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 08:52 - May 21 by TractorWood

Agree with Didz. He'd be nothing without pumps 30 yards beyond him into the channels by our defence.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 14:50]

Having been in the inner sanctum i can confirm Didz is a smashing fella .

Gentlybentley

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 09:27 - May 21 with 4750 viewsTractorWood

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 09:17 - May 21 by Benters

Is this an exclusive that you do his gardening?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 09:54 - May 21 with 4617 viewsBenters

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 09:27 - May 21 by TractorWood

Eyes .

Gentlybentley

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 09:54 - May 21 with 4614 viewsBenters

Eyes . My good lady made his specs .

Gentlybentley

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 10:14 - May 21 with 4538 viewsfactual_blue

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:18 - May 21 by Benters

Nice work if you can get it !

balls

#tyagn

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 10:39 - May 21 with 4461 viewsJimmy86

on 08:45 - May 21 by _

Frustrating thing is the fact Mick does have better options at his disposal, that he hasn't used properly, because they are not "proper blokes" who run around a lot, but with less skill or end product.
Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 11:06 - May 21 with 4363 viewsfactual_blue

Hearing Benters has been in McGoldrick's 'inner sanctum' conjures up some deeply disturbing images.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 11:52 - May 21 with 4276 viewsWarkystache

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 09:17 - May 21 by Benters

You've bummed him?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 12:27 - May 21 with 4191 viewsbraveblue

Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 07:19 - May 21 by TLA

If that's true, it does show easy it is to spend money from transfers etc.

It also demonstrates what an awful state the game as a whole is in.

As an owner, if you sell your best player, you lack ambition - if you pay a relative fortune to keep them, it appears as though you're not investing in the squad because money isn't spent on new signings.

I guess without a new super-rich owner, we'll find a level we can afford to play at some day in the near future.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 7:20]

Can't see Evans paying a player £1m when he is prepared to lose that by letting 2000 season ticket holders walk away. If he did then it is one of many idiotic decisions he has made.
Found out something I didn't know yesterday on 12:43 - May 21 with 4147 viewsJ2BLUE

Professional football is dying. I'm off to support Frimley Green.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024