Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benyu 08:44 - May 22 with 2107 viewsHarryWright

If we lose him I'm pretty much done with Evans and his disaster of a regime. Does anyone remember the five point plan? We all knew this anyway but it's proved to be something that Evans and Milne made up as an excuse for the manager and team.

I don't dislike Mick, I don't even think he's a bad manager, but it's time we got in an attacking manager who plays the ball on the floor to develop our young players. Why does our academy play one way then the first team the opposite?
Benyu on 08:46 - May 22 with 2088 viewsWD19

Whilst I understand the sentiment, we are surely not in a 'keep him at all costs scenario'!?

None of us know what he is asking.
Benyu on 08:50 - May 22 with 2080 viewsitfcjoe

Benyu was sent out to non league as a last chance saloon, he's done well there and we'll no doubt tie him up.

But there were serious doubts about him from everyone at the club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Benyu on 08:50 - May 22 with 2069 viewsHarryWright

Benyu on 08:46 - May 22 by WD19

Whilst I understand the sentiment, we are surely not in a 'keep him at all costs scenario'!?

None of us know what he is asking.

No but surely to follow our '5 point plan' keeping our best young players should be seen as priority.
Benyu on 08:51 - May 22 with 2054 viewsHarryWright

Benyu on 08:50 - May 22 by itfcjoe

Benyu was sent out to non league as a last chance saloon, he's done well there and we'll no doubt tie him up.

I hope so, some Aldershot fans said he was their 'best player ever'. No matter what level that's some praise.
Benyu on 08:52 - May 22 with 2038 viewsWD19

Benyu on 08:50 - May 22 by HarryWright

No but surely to follow our '5 point plan' keeping our best young players should be seen as priority.

Yes it should, but it is not an exact science. If he asks for a silly wage......or a ridiculously low get-out clause then we need to take a sensible view.

I still think he will stay btw.
Benyu on 08:58 - May 22 with 1997 viewsSwailsey

Has anyone actually seen him play a competitive game though?

Or more than 1?

I agree that there must be some genuine buzz around him since we are trying to sign him up long term, but as it stands, he's just an unproven young player, who has had a successful loan spell in a lower league (see also Jack Marriott, Elliott Hewitt) and who has had an attitude problem in the past (see Josh Carson, Billy Clark).

There's no guarantees what will happen to him - so I can't see how it can be used against ME a this stage unfortunately.

Rhodes on the other hand....

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Benyu on 09:00 - May 22 with 1983 viewsHarryWright

Benyu on 08:52 - May 22 by WD19

Yes it should, but it is not an exact science. If he asks for a silly wage......or a ridiculously low get-out clause then we need to take a sensible view.

I still think he will stay btw.

I hope your right, looks like an exciting technical player (like most of our young players).
Benyu on 09:00 - May 22 with 1979 viewsitfcjoe

Benyu on 08:51 - May 22 by HarryWright

I hope so, some Aldershot fans said he was their 'best player ever'. No matter what level that's some praise.

I agree, and I'm sure we'll tie him down here - just don't see him going elsewhere

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Benyu on 09:02 - May 22 with 1971 viewsHarryWright

Benyu on 08:58 - May 22 by Swailsey

Or more than 1?

I agree that there must be some genuine buzz around him since we are trying to sign him up long term, but as it stands, he's just an unproven young player, who has had a successful loan spell in a lower league (see also Jack Marriott, Elliott Hewitt) and who has had an attitude problem in the past (see Josh Carson, Billy Clark).

There's no guarantees what will happen to him - so I can't see how it can be used against ME a this stage unfortunately.

Rhodes is a situation to learn from though, we let a good young player go who has become one of the best scorers in the league for the past few years.

I get your point about Marriott but the Aldershot fans were talking about him as 'their best player ever' and you can see how much their fortunes turned since his arrival.
Benyu on 20:09 - May 22 with 1655 viewsWestcountryblue

Benyu on 09:02 - May 22 by HarryWright

Rhodes is a situation to learn from though, we let a good young player go who has become one of the best scorers in the league for the past few years.

I get your point about Marriott but the Aldershot fans were talking about him as 'their best player ever' and you can see how much their fortunes turned since his arrival.

To be honest, i completely agree.

Dozzell, Bishop and Benyu are all extremely talented players and the club needs to work harder in helping these players make the step up, especially with Bishop who has already show he can be outstanding at this level .

I'd be very happy with Huws, Dozzell, Bishop, Benyu and Skuse as are our central options. Although Ward plays well in the centre, i'd like to us use his pace out wide to hurt teams like he did against Norwich at Portman Road this season.
Benyu on 20:21 - May 22 with 1626 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu on 08:50 - May 22 by itfcjoe

Indeed, there's a lot of noise being made - and from what I gather it's not true that he has turned down his deal - but the expectation is that he'll be here next season.
Benyu on 20:23 - May 22 with 1613 viewsconnorscontract

Benyu on 20:09 - May 22 by Westcountryblue

Dozzell, Bishop and Benyu are all extremely talented players and the club needs to work harder in helping these players make the step up, especially with Bishop who has already show he can be outstanding at this level .

I'd be very happy with Huws, Dozzell, Bishop, Benyu and Skuse as are our central options. Although Ward plays well in the centre, i'd like to us use his pace out wide to hurt teams like he did against Norwich at Portman Road this season.

I'd love to add Rohan Ince into that mix. Him and Huws, and Ward and Rowe outside, or him, Huws and Bishop and three up top, would be energetic and worth watching.
Benyu on 20:23 - May 22 with 1608 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Benyu on 08:58 - May 22 by Swailsey

Or more than 1?

I agree with that

Also, this must be the first post with the R word in that hasn't made 10 pages

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Benyu on 20:24 - May 22 with 1596 viewsbournemouthblue

Benyu on 20:09 - May 22 by Westcountryblue

Role on Rohan Ince and Hyam and it could be pretty competitive

No more journeyman please!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Benyu on 20:35 - May 22 with 1568 viewsWestcountryblue

Benyu on 20:23 - May 22 by connorscontract

I'd love to add Rohan Ince into that mix. Him and Huws, and Ward and Rowe outside, or him, Huws and Bishop and three up top, would be energetic and worth watching.

Rohan Ince would be a good signing. However, it would leave us with three defensive, central midfielders....Skuse, Hyam and Benyu.

Providing we can secure Huws, i think we are pretty well stocked in the middle of the park. We need more depth and experience out wide. Starting with Danny Rowe would be a gamble, however he's started very positively.
Benyu on 20:38 - May 22 with 1555 viewsWestcountryblue

Benyu on 20:23 - May 22 by connorscontract

We've certainly missed the energy of Hyam and running ability of Bishop. I think Mick has the talent at his disposal, but the onus is on him to get the most of Dozzell next season and bring Bish back to his best, as his direct running can be a real weapon for us going forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024