Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? 15:05 - May 22 with 1693 viewshomer_123

Are Labour simply dragging down the Tories to their level?

Would the Tories be 'better' in their approach and manifesto if Labour were pushing them harder?

Mind you, UKIP's bolt is shot and with the Lib Dems beyond worse than nowhere the reality is politics really is in the doldrums isn't it?

Whilst easy to find fault with all parties, oddly, the most positive I seen people (from any party) was with the launch of the Labour manifesto with most people I have spoken with being broadly supportive of the intent (although clearly questioning how it can be funded).

What a depressing state of affairs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:27 - May 22 with 1669 viewsJ2BLUE

People need to realise that voting Labour isn't a crime. A lot of people won't vote for them because they 'can't win' or because of something daft like his refusal to use nukes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:37 - May 22 with 1657 viewshomer_123

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:27 - May 22 by J2BLUE

People need to realise that voting Labour isn't a crime. A lot of people won't vote for them because they 'can't win' or because of something daft like his refusal to use nukes.

Isn't there a facepalm thing doing the rounds along the lines of:

"Daddy, why isn't the NHS free anymore?"

"Well son, because at the last general election, we voted the Tories in who privatised and sold off the NHS on the cheap to their friend and cohorts."

"Why did people do that Dad?"

"Because we didn't like Corbyn."

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:40 - May 22 with 1645 viewsitfcjoe

It's like anything, you need opposition to keep you in your toes and honest and keen.

Poor opposition means poor government - Labour haven't been able to hold this rabble to account because they are too focussed on their own internal battles than they are the country. Control of the Labour party is more important than control of the country and that has given the Tories a free reign

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:40 - May 22 with 1647 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:27 - May 22 by J2BLUE

In fairness J2, that 'refusal to use nukes' is a pretty solid reason for not voting him in

Edit - And it's nice to see you back posting Homer
[Post edited 22 May 2017 15:40]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:41 - May 22 with 1637 viewshype313

What's shocking is the Tories have had a good few months head start on Labour regarding costed manifesto, and they are making themselves look like utter utter fools.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:44 - May 22 with 1627 viewshomer_123

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:40 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

In fairness J2, that 'refusal to use nukes' is a pretty solid reason for not voting him in

Cheers Rommy - although I'd view the Nuke situ rather differently to be honest.

I'm actually quite happy to have a leader say he/ she isn't going to press the button to be honest. I've got quite a few US friends that, right now, would be very happy to have a President who wouldn't.....

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:45 - May 22 with 1626 viewsJ2BLUE

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:40 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Only in a world that has lost its mind.

Give me one example where you'd find it acceptable to use nukes please. Lets say North Korea are more advanced than we think and they somehow manage to fire a nuke at us that is going to hit in two minutes. If you were PM would you fire one back and kill millions of innocent people while the regime you want revenge on are in luxury underground bunkers? Give me one example of acceptable usage?

Truly impaired.

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:45 - May 22 with 1624 viewshomer_123

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:40 - May 22 by itfcjoe

It's like anything, you need opposition to keep you in your toes and honest and keen.

Poor opposition means poor government - Labour haven't been able to hold this rabble to account because they are too focussed on their own internal battles than they are the country. Control of the Labour party is more important than control of the country and that has given the Tories a free reign

And with the Lib Dems nowhere - there is simply no strong holding to account.

Really is a poor state of affairs.

Login to get fewer ads

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:46 - May 22 with 1615 viewsGeoffSentence

It's Corbyn's fault that the tories are crap?

Poor old fecker gets the blame for everything.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:47 - May 22 with 1614 viewshomer_123

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:41 - May 22 by hype313

What's shocking is the Tories have had a good few months head start on Labour regarding costed manifesto, and they are making themselves look like utter utter fools.

They are doing their best to blow it. To be honest, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities to see them utterly blow it....stranger things have happened.

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:48 - May 22 with 1614 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:45 - May 22 by J2BLUE

Only in a world that has lost its mind.

Give me one example where you'd find it acceptable to use nukes please. Lets say North Korea are more advanced than we think and they somehow manage to fire a nuke at us that is going to hit in two minutes. If you were PM would you fire one back and kill millions of innocent people while the regime you want revenge on are in luxury underground bunkers? Give me one example of acceptable usage?

That's not my point bud.

I Of course would NEVER want us to press the nuke. But similarly I would want us to have it and showcase that we have it and that we might use it.

It cannot be used as a deterrent if our leader has no intention of using it at any stage ever.

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:50 - May 22 with 1601 viewsJ2BLUE

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:48 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

That's not my point bud.

I Of course would NEVER want us to press the nuke. But similarly I would want us to have it and showcase that we have it and that we might use it.

It cannot be used as a deterrent if our leader has no intention of using it at any stage ever.

That is almost as illogical as your stance on eating meat because the animals are dead anyway! Each to their own though bud.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 15:51]

Truly impaired.

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:50 - May 22 with 1600 viewshomer_123

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:46 - May 22 by GeoffSentence

It's Corbyn's fault that the tories are crap?

Poor old fecker gets the blame for everything.

Not quite what I meant.... ;)

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:53 - May 22 with 1592 viewshomer_123

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:48 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

That's not my point bud.

I appreciate it's the deterent situation you are talking about Rommy....but as J2 has illustrated, once you get to the point of pressing the button - it's a little late.

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 16:23 - May 22 with 1558 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 15:50 - May 22 by J2BLUE

That is almost as illogical as your stance on eating meat because the animals are dead anyway! Each to their own though bud.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 15:51]

We look like an easy target if we don't have a nuke which, under Corbyn, we affectiveky wouldn't

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 16:26 - May 22 with 1543 viewsfooters

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 16:23 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

We look like an easy target if we don't have a nuke which, under Corbyn, we affectiveky wouldn't

And yet we're a target for having them in the first place.

Get rid.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 16:44 - May 22 with 1521 viewsSteve_M

Any pressure on May and she is incredibly uncomfortable. It reflects dreadfully on Corybn, McDonnell and Milne that they've failed to achieve any sort of challenge this year.

And before anyone starts on biased media, a large part of the Tory press were all happy to ignore the social care stuff in the Tory manifesto last week - public opinion made them rail back on it without media forcing it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 17:39 - May 22 with 1417 viewsfactual_blue

That's not my point bud.

Nobody has any intention of using them.

And before you say North Korea, theirs would ever get off the launch pad.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 19:31 - May 22 with 1375 viewsfactual_blue

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 16:23 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

How do all the countries without nuclear weapons survive?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 19:34 - May 22 with 1364 viewslowhouseblue

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 19:31 - May 22 by factual_blue

How do all the countries without nuclear weapons survive?

by joining nato and relying on america?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 19:42 - May 22 with 1346 viewspatrickswell

Is this a case of needing a strong opposition? on 16:44 - May 22 by Steve_M

Any pressure on May and she is incredibly uncomfortable. It reflects dreadfully on Corybn, McDonnell and Milne that they've failed to achieve any sort of challenge this year.

And before anyone starts on biased media, a large part of the Tory press were all happy to ignore the social care stuff in the Tory manifesto last week - public opinion made them rail back on it without media forcing it.

I think in the context of the past year, they've been hamstrung in the fact that Brexit has dominated the agenda, and his apparently relaxed attitude towards it has been used as a stick to beat him with.
Every U-Turn the Tories have made on policies like the NI for small businesses has essentially led to him saying, "Well done, this is what we wanted you to do anyway". The Trident issue has been used to discredit him as well. Pressuring May is difficult in the House of Commons given that half of his own party don't want him, and May can play to the gallery there.

The story has been though just how petrified May looks. Corbyn by contrast, perhaps because he has nothing to lose, has been relishing the campaign.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024