Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murphy 19:52 - May 22 with 1995 viewsWestcountryblue

Providing we could get him for a fee in the low 100,000's and Newcastle were prepared to pay off a percentage of his wages, would he be worthwhile signing?

Personally, i wouldn't mind taking Murphy back on a two year deal, providing we could get him relatively cheap on a similar wage to what he was previously on at the club. He is a top professional and seems to have taken care of himself throughout his career. I'm sure he still has 2-3 good years left in him at this level.

Towards the end of last season, Sears and McGoldrick were starting to look dangerous as a pair. But i do think we miss a physical presence upfront, even if it's just off the bench. If i were Mick, i'd be looking to sign an experienced target man like Murphy and also a prospect from the lower leagues (just not a Kieffer Moore type of signing).
[Post edited 22 May 2017 19:52]
Murphy on 20:04 - May 22 with 1955 viewsRoyKeanesDog

No.

Poll: Best Football Song

Murphy on 20:06 - May 22 with 1946 views12th_Man

No we need to move forward and get a young striker in

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Murphy on 20:09 - May 22 with 1934 viewsconnorscontract

I read his comments in the new interview as a bit of a prelim exercise to a return here. He's trying to rebuild bridges. It might be just so he can come back in the future and always get a warm reception, but I think there's more to it. It's a bit like a political u-turn.

It was kind of like:

"I may have said Newcastle fans are the best in the world, but I obviously wasn't including Ipswich's, and I may have said when Newcastle come in for you, you have to go, but that was only because at this stage of my career I could maximise my last few years of earnings... obviously I'd rather play for you guys (now they don't want me anymore...)"
Murphy on 20:36 - May 22 with 1882 viewsMullet

I'd rather go for Lyle Taylor if we're spending similar amounts and hope he matures next season as he heads towards his late 20's.

We need to look forward.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Murphy on 20:43 - May 22 with 1872 viewsPhilTWTD

Murphy on 20:09 - May 22 by connorscontract

I read his comments in the new interview as a bit of a prelim exercise to a return here. He's trying to rebuild bridges. It might be just so he can come back in the future and always get a warm reception, but I think there's more to it. It's a bit like a political u-turn.

It was kind of like:

"I may have said Newcastle fans are the best in the world, but I obviously wasn't including Ipswich's, and I may have said when Newcastle come in for you, you have to go, but that was only because at this stage of my career I could maximise my last few years of earnings... obviously I'd rather play for you guys (now they don't want me anymore...)"

I don't think there's any realistic chance, to be honest. Wages would be beyond us and if I was Murph I'd want to stick around at Newcastle to play a part in the Premier League, at least for the first half of the season.

The bit of the interview I used may have been a bit misleading as I took out the Town stuff, also Matt Keane who did the interview is also one of us!
Murphy on 20:43 - May 22 with 1861 viewstractorboy1978

It would completely sum us up.
Murphy on 21:13 - May 22 with 1807 viewsJ2BLUE

It made me laugh reading that MM was annoyed he didn't have time to replace him. Then we had the entire month of January and still didn't bother.

I'm not blaming Murph, I know he was being diplomatic and is a McCarthy man but that made me laugh.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Murphy on 22:51 - May 22 with 1699 viewsBadgerBajner

Murphy on 20:43 - May 22 by tractorboy1978

It would completely sum us up.

Couldn't agree more. If we resign him, it will just emphasise again that this club has no ambition.
Login to get fewer ads

Murphy on 07:08 - May 23 with 1530 viewsWeekender

If we had a cohesive strategy to develop a technical style of football through all levels and age groups leading to the first team we absolutely shouldn't be looking at Murphy.

Unfortunately we have MM so Murphy would improve the first team because he could challenge for the hoofs by the fullbacks.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Murphy on 08:11 - May 23 with 1453 viewsitfcjoe

The deal won't be right so no real point in the hypothetical.

If we were to sign him, and his replacement, then they could work together and learn off Murph then I'd be happy with it - but if he came back as main man with no back up then it would be ridiculous

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Murphy on 13:14 - May 23 with 1322 viewstractorboy1978

Murphy on 08:11 - May 23 by itfcjoe

The deal won't be right so no real point in the hypothetical.

If we were to sign him, and his replacement, then they could work together and learn off Murph then I'd be happy with it - but if he came back as main man with no back up then it would be ridiculous

I don't think it' inconceivable. He'll leave Newcastle and I can't see there being a queue of clubs wanting to sign him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024