Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum New Manager 20:09 - May 22 with 8706 views12th_Man

Borussia Dortmunds Daniel Farke while we still have dinosaur McCarthy

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Scum New Manager on 09:40 - May 23 with 2765 viewsbluewein

Does this mean we were miles ahead of them when we had our own import from Borussia Dortmund reserves...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Scum New Manager on 09:44 - May 23 with 2752 viewsKeaneish

Scum New Manager on 20:18 - May 22 by LeoMuff

Their u23 manager....who has no record whatsoever. Could be total bobbins for all anyone knows.

Or we could have a manager with 25 years experience who is also bobbins. Fair play to them. Nobody had heard of Wagner until two years ago.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Scum New Manager on 09:47 - May 23 with 2743 viewshoppy

Scum New Manager on 20:55 - May 22 by connorscontract

Farke all!

Does anyone have a clue about Norwich's transfer plans?

Isn't that what they're amending their 'Honours' list to in their match programme?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Scum New Manager on 10:19 - May 23 with 2692 viewstextbackup

Scum New Manager on 21:24 - May 22 by bongoblue91

Miles ahead of us because there about to get an u23's manager that no ones heard off, then again he's foreign so he must be good!

It's called vision. Something the powers that be at Town, and many fans, haven't got as they have heads stuck in the sand

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Scum New Manager on 11:01 - May 23 with 2654 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I posted sometime about Bayern Munich B manager - Heiko Vogel would been a good appointment, in the Wagner mould. Obviously ME was not looking at the forum that day.

Norwich have done the polar opposite to town, they have moved quickly, identified the issues and now have a full pre season to get their house in order to challenge for the championship.

Let's hope the powers that be also have a plan outside of 5 point plan which has not worked.
Moved quickly........? on 11:04 - May 23 with 2642 viewsBloots

Scum New Manager on 11:01 - May 23 by Northern_Blue81

I posted sometime about Bayern Munich B manager - Heiko Vogel would been a good appointment, in the Wagner mould. Obviously ME was not looking at the forum that day.

Norwich have done the polar opposite to town, they have moved quickly, identified the issues and now have a full pre season to get their house in order to challenge for the championship.

Let's hope the powers that be also have a plan outside of 5 point plan which has not worked.

....it's been nearly 3 months since they sacked the last bloke!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Scum New Manager on 11:06 - May 23 with 2638 viewsitfcjoe

Scum New Manager on 10:19 - May 23 by textbackup

It's called vision. Something the powers that be at Town, and many fans, haven't got as they have heads stuck in the sand

Whilst i don't think ITFC have much vision, where is that going to come from? If we appoint a new manager who is going to be the one making the appointment - Marcus Evans, and not being funny, what does he know about football?

Norwich's appointment, which looks a massive punt on the face of it if you look at this guys history where he has managed a team in a semi-pro league in the majority, is by a guy who has been appointed to run the football side of the club.

Mick is our Director of Football and our Manager, it's a ridiculous situation really to give so much power to someone who is a bad run away from the sack. But this appointment isn't some forward thinking appointment to me, it's just doing exactly what huddersfield did by appointing the Dortmund reserve manager.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Scum New Manager on 11:13 - May 23 with 2625 viewstractorshark

Scum New Manager on 08:57 - May 23 by SomethingBlue

Don't know much about his personal connections but although the instinct is to compare directly to Wagner I'd be cautious; as you say, Wagner is Klopp's guy but Farke replaced Wagner several months after Tuchel arrived and I don't see that the styles will necessarily be identical. BVB do produce a hell of a lot of good people all over the club though so there's no reason to think he'd not be decent — but he's not as established as Wagner was, in my view.

You're right. Wagner was far more well known and more successful.
This guy may prove to be a good appointment but it's worth remembering Tuchal divides opinion among Dortmund fans. He may have been linked with Arsenal but their season has been disappointing by their standards.
Login to get fewer ads

Moved quickly........? on 11:13 - May 23 with 2623 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Moved quickly........? on 11:04 - May 23 by Bloots

End of season new manager with a full pre season to work it out, with an interim manager in place before making any rash calls, makes sense?
Scum New Manager on 11:14 - May 23 with 2624 viewsSomethingBlue

Scum New Manager on 11:01 - May 23 by Northern_Blue81

Well, hang on, while I agree that Town are very slow-moving and increasingly behind the times I don't think we can say yet that the five-point plan (while I too have my doubts about it) has "not worked". Let's be adults here; it's not exactly been around long.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Scum New Manager on 11:15 - May 23 with 2620 viewschicoazul

FARKE IN HELL(ESDON)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Scum New Manager on 11:19 - May 23 with 2609 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Scum New Manager on 11:14 - May 23 by SomethingBlue

Well, hang on, while I agree that Town are very slow-moving and increasingly behind the times I don't think we can say yet that the five-point plan (while I too have my doubts about it) has "not worked". Let's be adults here; it's not exactly been around long.

I will amend to work in progress to add some balance!
It may make sense..... on 11:23 - May 23 with 2605 viewsBloots

Moved quickly........? on 11:13 - May 23 by Northern_Blue81

End of season new manager with a full pre season to work it out, with an interim manager in place before making any rash calls, makes sense?

....it may not.

Time will tell.

This guy is about the 10th person they've been linked, so there is nothing to suggest that he was their 1st choice by any stretch.

I've seen loads of people saying that they are showing imagination and being forward thinking. But lets face it, they are just copying exactly what Huddersfield did last year, in my opinion to a frankly embarrassing degree.

The difference is that Wagner was a protegee of Klopp a proven winner at the time, this bloke has only worked with Tuchel who's won nothing in his career.

Plus of course Wagner could just be a one season wonder at Huddersfield.

Make sense?

Bingo. (n/t) on 11:24 - May 23 with 2599 viewsBloots

Scum New Manager on 11:06 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Whilst i don't think ITFC have much vision, where is that going to come from? If we appoint a new manager who is going to be the one making the appointment - Marcus Evans, and not being funny, what does he know about football?

Norwich's appointment, which looks a massive punt on the face of it if you look at this guys history where he has managed a team in a semi-pro league in the majority, is by a guy who has been appointed to run the football side of the club.

Mick is our Director of Football and our Manager, it's a ridiculous situation really to give so much power to someone who is a bad run away from the sack. But this appointment isn't some forward thinking appointment to me, it's just doing exactly what huddersfield did by appointing the Dortmund reserve manager.

It may make sense..... on 11:38 - May 23 with 2575 viewsNorthern_Blue81

It may make sense..... on 11:23 - May 23 by Bloots

....it may not.

Time will tell.

This guy is about the 10th person they've been linked, so there is nothing to suggest that he was their 1st choice by any stretch.

I've seen loads of people saying that they are showing imagination and being forward thinking. But lets face it, they are just copying exactly what Huddersfield did last year, in my opinion to a frankly embarrassing degree.

The difference is that Wagner was a protegee of Klopp a proven winner at the time, this bloke has only worked with Tuchel who's won nothing in his career.

Plus of course Wagner could just be a one season wonder at Huddersfield.

Make sense?

Agreed it is like for like based on the 'Huddersfield model'. I suppose the other way to look at it is these younger managers want to prove themselves so will not be coming here to ruin their careers before they have even started.

Who knows how it will pan out next season, time will tell.
Scum New Manager on 11:48 - May 23 with 2558 viewsPJH

Scum New Manager on 10:19 - May 23 by textbackup

Or it could be called guessing and hoping.
He might be another Wagner or he might be a disaster.
Scum New Manager on 13:13 - May 23 with 2487 viewsASAx

They've got 'Farke' and we've got 'ME'.

I guess the Old Farm Derby can be renamed now.
Scum New Manager on 13:13 - May 23 with 2488 viewsDoobDude

Never heard of him.
But I applaud any team (yes even them) prepared to think outside of the box and take a risk.
We seem to be quite content finishing 16th in the Championship.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

How many times have we finished..... on 13:30 - May 23 with 2461 viewsBloots

Scum New Manager on 13:13 - May 23 by DoobDude

Never heard of him.
But I applaud any team (yes even them) prepared to think outside of the box and take a risk.
We seem to be quite content finishing 16th in the Championship.

....16th in the Championship?

Scum New Manager on 14:09 - May 23 with 2415 viewsKeaneish

Scum New Manager on 11:06 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Any managerial appointment is a punt though and it you're going to take a punt, looking at managers like this is a great place to start. The infrastructure and system that these German youth coaches work to and within have nurtured some of the best global talent on a consistent basis for years. Unlike in Britain, they're not afraid to play kids as they've been schooled and drilled into a style coherent across the whole club.

I was fortunate enough to play as a kid for a German team and the sense of community and togetherness coupled with dedication from all involved at the club and the amazing facilities breeds great coaches as well as great players. I remember at the time being blown away by the attention to detail even at schoolboy level and the innate desire to win.

No doubt this is a gamble as the Championship is a very different beast but its definitely one worth taking. Scum fans must be as excited as they are apprehensive - how do we all feel this coming pre-season?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Scum New Manager on 14:30 - May 23 with 2391 viewsitfcjoe

Scum New Manager on 14:09 - May 23 by Keaneish

Any managerial appointment is a punt though and it you're going to take a punt, looking at managers like this is a great place to start. The infrastructure and system that these German youth coaches work to and within have nurtured some of the best global talent on a consistent basis for years. Unlike in Britain, they're not afraid to play kids as they've been schooled and drilled into a style coherent across the whole club.

I was fortunate enough to play as a kid for a German team and the sense of community and togetherness coupled with dedication from all involved at the club and the amazing facilities breeds great coaches as well as great players. I remember at the time being blown away by the attention to detail even at schoolboy level and the innate desire to win.

No doubt this is a gamble as the Championship is a very different beast but its definitely one worth taking. Scum fans must be as excited as they are apprehensive - how do we all feel this coming pre-season?

It's definitely interesting and I take into account all you've said about it - it could work out well.

But scum have a squad that have players who have earned and are earning millions of quid a year - and the bloke coming is had know playing or managerial career to speak off - his main achievements are at a club with an average attendance of less than 500, and now 2 years managing a reserve team.

I would be excited if we made an appointment like this, but some on here are lauding it as a can't fail move when in reality it is putting a novice into a situation where expectations are sky high

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Moved quickly........? on 15:51 - May 23 with 2325 viewsSteve_M

Moved quickly........? on 11:04 - May 23 by Bloots

Well they've done well not to appoint either the hospitality manager, the bloke who does the radio commentary or an Ipswich Kenny lookalike this time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024