Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
explosions at MEN arena 23:18 - May 22 with 26715 viewsMJallday

early days . might be nothing. hope so.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

explosions at MEN arena on 01:53 - May 23 with 3722 viewsMJallday

explosions at MEN arena on 01:51 - May 23 by Yaffle

I don't know how to link a tweet but I hope this c@nt never works again! @David_Leavitt

you mean this? - yeah i should imagine that will get him sacked

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

explosions at MEN arena on 01:55 - May 23 with 3699 viewsGuthrum

explosions at MEN arena on 01:46 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

I know we live in a world of rolling news but it is biting us on the arse in many ways. The reporting (which I understand is essential) is likely to produce a few more volunteers.

When did The IRA bomb the Arndale? If I remember correctly it was a two tonne bomb, can you imagine how much air time The IRA would have got about that now - let alone the stuff they did in the 70's.

It also happened so often in the '70s and '80s that we all sort of got used to it. The coverage was very understated by modern standards.

Now a combination of its rarity and extended chewing over by the media make the most of every major incident.

I doubt the coverage will inspire many people who are not already inclined in that direction, tho. Tho it might attract the odd unstable individual who sees a chance for personal notoriety in so-called "martyrdom".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

explosions at MEN arena on 01:56 - May 23 with 3702 viewsYaffle

explosions at MEN arena on 01:53 - May 23 by MJallday

you mean this? - yeah i should imagine that will get him sacked

Yup that's the one. What is wrong with people?

He's unrepentant too, tweeted later... Too soon ?
[Post edited 23 May 2017 1:58]
explosions at MEN arena on 02:08 - May 23 with 3649 viewsEastTownBlue

explosions at MEN arena on 01:56 - May 23 by Yaffle

We have seen since the incident the good that Twitter can do in reuniting people, offering rooms in Manchester etc. Then it provides a platform to attention seekers like him.
explosions at MEN arena on 02:10 - May 23 with 3648 viewsMJallday

yeah he's trying to get out of it now - failing.

in other news. a name is floating around on a suspected perp. together with a passport photo - i wont repost - but it shows the power of social media - irrespective of whether this is right or wrong.

explosions at MEN arena on 02:20 - May 23 with 3615 viewsIllinoisblue

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidgleavitt

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

explosions at MEN arena on 02:27 - May 23 with 3598 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

explosions at MEN arena on 02:10 - May 23 by MJallday

yeah he's trying to get out of it now - failing.

in other news. a name is floating around on a suspected perp. together with a passport photo - i wont repost - but it shows the power of social media - irrespective of whether this is right or wrong.

I don't like that

If it's not the right person, and it's an innoncent randomer, that guys life is ruined

I saw the same 'trial by facebook' thing with a an accused rapist. After a week, it was realised that he was actually not the right person at all but his name had been shared hundreds of times. Was in Romford recently.

In other news.. statement at 2:40. I hope the number hasn't risen but I'd be surprised if not. The number of kids unaccounted for right now on twitter is awful. Dozens of pictures of youngsters going viral where they have yet been found.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

explosions at MEN arena on 02:54 - May 23 with 3575 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

edit - video removed
[Post edited 23 May 2017 11:41]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

explosions at MEN arena on 03:34 - May 23 with 3525 viewstaximan

explosions at MEN arena on 02:54 - May 23 by The_Romford_Blue

edit - video removed

could you please remove this

many on here have young kids of their own

it is not nice seeing youngsters terrified
explosions at MEN arena on 03:47 - May 23 with 3512 viewsitfctilidie

explosions at MEN arena on 03:34 - May 23 by taximan

could you please remove this

many on here have young kids of their own

it is not nice seeing youngsters terrified

grow up fella. Just don't watch it. Constantly seeing you comment on stuff trying to take the high ground. Its embarrassing. Seriously, go out have a few beers, chat up a few ladies or lads whatever floats your boat and have a good time. Spending your hours on the internet trying to wind people up is pathetic. If you want a blue, then go out to the pub and pick a fight with someone rather than sitting behind your keyboard spouting crap everyday
explosions at MEN arena on 06:16 - May 23 with 3430 viewstextbackup

edit - video removed

Oh Romford why have you posted this, it's pointless and horrible.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

explosions at MEN arena on 06:16 - May 23 with 3436 viewsReuser_is_God

edit - video removed

What sort of fcuking moron whips their phone out & starts recording in this situation?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

explosions at MEN arena on 06:20 - May 23 with 3420 viewsBenters

explosions at MEN arena on 06:16 - May 23 by textbackup

Oh Romford why have you posted this, it's pointless and horrible.

Yep its slowly turning into Facebook and Twitter on here .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

explosions at MEN arena on 06:23 - May 23 with 3417 viewstextbackup

explosions at MEN arena on 06:16 - May 23 by Reuser_is_God

What sort of fcuking moron whips their phone out & starts recording in this situation?

Weirdly some people just can't help themselves. You just know there would have been Snapchats etc being made too.

Even more baffled as to why it's ended up on this website

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

explosions at MEN arena on 06:25 - May 23 with 3409 viewsBenters

explosions at MEN arena on 06:23 - May 23 by textbackup

Weirdly some people just can't help themselves. You just know there would have been Snapchats etc being made too.

Even more baffled as to why it's ended up on this website

I agree its in very poor taste.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

explosions at MEN arena on 07:08 - May 23 with 3340 viewsSamuelowen88

Just woken up to this. Terrible news. And my heart goes out to all involved.

We have a friend who works in A&E up here and she has said it's been horrific, like a war zone. She was on shift when it happened and at 6am finally got a break. Says they are all numb at the moment after what they've seen tonight but all including those who's shifts are well over are staying to help out. They were stood down at 5 but obviously still lots to do.
Our NHS and the people who work for it really are ducking brilliant.

Also my wife is a teacher in the city so is prepared for the worst. School may not have even been informed yet if any kids were involved but she fears the worst.

Poll: England v Wales Score

explosions at MEN arena on 07:09 - May 23 with 3342 viewsDanTheMan

Terrible news, currently 22 dead.

My girlfriend was supposed to be going there next weekend for a concert...

Thoughts with families and friends who have lost loved ones. What a horrible situation.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

explosions at MEN arena on 07:23 - May 23 with 3281 viewstaximan

explosions at MEN arena on 03:47 - May 23 by itfctilidie

grow up fella. Just don't watch it. Constantly seeing you comment on stuff trying to take the high ground. Its embarrassing. Seriously, go out have a few beers, chat up a few ladies or lads whatever floats your boat and have a good time. Spending your hours on the internet trying to wind people up is pathetic. If you want a blue, then go out to the pub and pick a fight with someone rather than sitting behind your keyboard spouting crap everyday

haha nice one
explosions at MEN arena on 07:34 - May 23 with 3231 viewsGlasgowBlue

explosions at MEN arena on 07:09 - May 23 by DanTheMan

Terrible news, currently 22 dead.

My girlfriend was supposed to be going there next weekend for a concert...

Thoughts with families and friends who have lost loved ones. What a horrible situation.

Just woken up to this news. Literally stunned.

Just a month ago I dropped my 14 year old daughter off at a Shaun Mendes concert, which she said was the best night of her life. Ariana Grande's audience will have been a similar age group.

There are a number of parents who dropped their kids off and will never see them again. My Mrs is absolutely breaking her heart watching the news and I don't blame her.

Kids ffs. It takes a special kind of sick to target kids.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

explosions at MEN arena on 07:43 - May 23 with 3177 viewsBorisOrTrevor

explosions at MEN arena on 07:23 - May 23 by taximan

haha nice one

What terrible news to wake up to. Thought I would come on here for some balanced commentary and here I see grown (I presume) men bickering and people scrambling to post videos that really should not have been filmed.

Who is thinking twice about letting their kids go to such events and be at risk?

BOT

explosions at MEN arena on 07:52 - May 23 with 3122 viewsfactual_blue

explosions at MEN arena on 06:16 - May 23 by Reuser_is_God

Apparently when the Costa Concordia was sinking, there were people filming their own children, who were crying in terror as the water lapped round their ankles.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

explosions at MEN arena on 07:56 - May 23 with 3098 viewsGlasgowBlue

explosions at MEN arena on 07:43 - May 23 by BorisOrTrevor

What terrible news to wake up to. Thought I would come on here for some balanced commentary and here I see grown (I presume) men bickering and people scrambling to post videos that really should not have been filmed.

Who is thinking twice about letting their kids go to such events and be at risk?

Definitely me. I know we have to go on with our lives otherwise they have one but I'll definitely think twice about letting my kids go to a concert. At least not on their own. I'd go with them. Bloody stupid thought I know because a bomb is a bomb and doesn't take age into account but the thought of a kiddie dying on their own or trying to get out of the arena is heartbreaking.

Edit. A friend of my son was there. He's desperately worried so trying to get hold of her.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 7:57]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

explosions at MEN arena on 07:58 - May 23 with 3302 viewsbrogansnose

explosions at MEN arena on 07:43 - May 23 by BorisOrTrevor

I took my boy to a couple of small gigs in London after the Bataclan atrocity and while he was bopping around I was on the look out for anything suspicious. Couldn't get it out of my head and wondering what the hell I would do if something did happen.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 8:00]
explosions at MEN arena on 08:03 - May 23 with 3266 viewsTLA

explosions at MEN arena on 07:56 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

Definitely me. I know we have to go on with our lives otherwise they have one but I'll definitely think twice about letting my kids go to a concert. At least not on their own. I'd go with them. Bloody stupid thought I know because a bomb is a bomb and doesn't take age into account but the thought of a kiddie dying on their own or trying to get out of the arena is heartbreaking.

Edit. A friend of my son was there. He's desperately worried so trying to get hold of her.

I hope your son's friend is OK mate.

This is such an appalling act of terror - I've been watching coverage with tears in my eyes. Kids at a concert - it just couldn't be much worse.
explosions at MEN arena on 08:03 - May 23 with 3271 viewsSteve_M

explosions at MEN arena on 07:56 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

I don't know if you heard one lady BBC interviewed, after describing the panic she moved on in the next breath to recount how people were instinctively helping others to escape. That I found quietly life-affirming amidst the tragedy.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024