Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
explosions at MEN arena 23:18 - May 22 with 26730 viewsMJallday

early days . might be nothing. hope so.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

explosions at MEN arena on 09:39 - May 23 with 2747 viewsSwansea_Blue

explosions at MEN arena on 09:30 - May 23 by factual_blue

Seeing as the footage was broadcast in a documentary, then yes.

That's bonkers. But then people walk out in front of fast moving vehicles and fall off cliffs trying to get selfies, so not altogether surprising.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

explosions at MEN arena on 09:46 - May 23 with 2713 viewsMJallday

explosions at MEN arena on 09:39 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

That's bonkers. But then people walk out in front of fast moving vehicles and fall off cliffs trying to get selfies, so not altogether surprising.

we live in a social media age. where peoples first instinct isnt necessarily to do what you'd expect. everything gets filmed these days - rightly or wrongly.

in this scenario, youve got 14k of people at a concert. a significant number of which will be younger generation and carrying a mobile phone.
whilst weve seen a bit so far on social media - id be surprised in time if there wasnt enough footage surfacing to cover several feature films worth.

as for what drives someone to video these event, i cant answer that - but i suspect its out of fear as much as anything.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

explosions at MEN arena on 09:49 - May 23 with 2701 viewsstickymockwell

explosions at MEN arena on 09:46 - May 23 by MJallday

we live in a social media age. where peoples first instinct isnt necessarily to do what you'd expect. everything gets filmed these days - rightly or wrongly.

in this scenario, youve got 14k of people at a concert. a significant number of which will be younger generation and carrying a mobile phone.
whilst weve seen a bit so far on social media - id be surprised in time if there wasnt enough footage surfacing to cover several feature films worth.

as for what drives someone to video these event, i cant answer that - but i suspect its out of fear as much as anything.

Seeing as the police are asking for footage it can also be a vital source of piecing together what happened and seeing what can be done or changed in the future.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

explosions at MEN arena on 09:53 - May 23 with 2670 viewsSwansea_Blue

explosions at MEN arena on 09:46 - May 23 by MJallday

Conditioning maybe? I think some people have simply become used to/addicted to filming everything and posting it. I don't myself, although my vice is this place and I suppose that's not too dissimilar. It's still a form social media addiction.

I'm not going to seek out and watch any of the footage from this, that's for sure. But I can see how it would be of use to the authorities.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

explosions at MEN arena on 09:58 - May 23 with 2649 viewschicoazul

This may be stopped clock syndrome but Trump saying "im not going to call them monsters, thats what they want, im going to call them losers" is spot on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

explosions at MEN arena on 10:02 - May 23 with 2620 viewsGuthrum

explosions at MEN arena on 08:35 - May 23 by ThePitBoss

Enough is enough. This is a new low. We need to wipe out these cnts, and their supporters.

I look forward to the Muslim community rising up and dealing with this. Their silence is deafening so far.

Women and kids, ffs.

Only silent if you're not listening. Virtually all leaders and theologians in the muslim world of any repute - even senior members of al Qaeda - have already long since condemned Islamic State for their barbarism and savagery.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

explosions at MEN arena on 10:16 - May 23 with 2549 viewscaught-in-limbo

explosions at MEN arena on 09:58 - May 23 by chicoazul

This may be stopped clock syndrome but Trump saying "im not going to call them monsters, thats what they want, im going to call them losers" is spot on.

Why do we always claim to know what they want?

Is it because those that espouse their ideology and fund their activity are our friends in the Middle East?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

explosions at MEN arena on 10:20 - May 23 with 2528 viewsgiant_stow

explosions at MEN arena on 10:16 - May 23 by caught-in-limbo

Why do we always claim to know what they want?

Is it because those that espouse their ideology and fund their activity are our friends in the Middle East?

The bomber was funded by our friends in the middle east hey? Quick work - have you informed the authorities?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

explosions at MEN arena on 10:22 - May 23 with 2511 viewsGuthrum

explosions at MEN arena on 08:19 - May 23 by factual_blue

Mostly those who actually do these things are vulnerable individuals who are groomed by IS through chat rooms etc on the Internet (and in prisons). The message is basically 'this [IS's view of the world] explains why everything is so bad for you and us Islamists.

(Mrs Factual had to attend a session on cyber security when still at work).

Most of those who have been involved in incidents and attempts in this country have been adult converts to Islam. In other words, they have been attracted directly to an aggressively militant group, rather than the faith itself.

Tends to be very simplistic, black and white, good versus evil, us against the world theology, rather than the more nuanced, complex teaching in mainstream religion. Certainties and direction are what these people are often seeking.

explosions at MEN arena on 10:34 - May 23 with 2440 viewsJ2BLUE

explosions at MEN arena on 08:29 - May 23 by hype313

Don't watch it then, it was no coincidence that you went straight for Rommers on this.

What's worse is that you are using this thread as a way to try and take the moral high ground on someone you clearly don't like, poor form.

I think Taximan had a point. The start of this thread is disgusting. People falling over themselves to be the first to report rumours from Twitter.

It doesn't make the posters involved come across too well IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

explosions at MEN arena on 10:41 - May 23 with 2411 viewsgiant_stow

explosions at MEN arena on 10:34 - May 23 by J2BLUE

I think Taximan had a point. The start of this thread is disgusting. People falling over themselves to be the first to report rumours from Twitter.

It doesn't make the posters involved come across too well IMO.

Bit harsh mr - I'd guess the intentions were more honourable than that. Hey ho.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

explosions at MEN arena on 10:41 - May 23 with 2411 viewscaught-in-limbo

explosions at MEN arena on 10:20 - May 23 by giant_stow

The bomber was funded by our friends in the middle east hey? Quick work - have you informed the authorities?

Who was Trump referring to when he described these losers with a wicked ideology who will go on to commit more atrocities?

#toxic

explosions at MEN arena on 10:45 - May 23 with 2383 viewschicoazul

explosions at MEN arena on 10:41 - May 23 by caught-in-limbo

Who was Trump referring to when he described these losers with a wicked ideology who will go on to commit more atrocities?

The person or persons who bombed the MEN last night.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

explosions at MEN arena on 10:45 - May 23 with 2378 viewsgiant_stow

People who.bomb others I guess. And why is trump's word Gospel anyway? Didn't he invent an attack in sweeden recently?

explosions at MEN arena on 10:47 - May 23 with 2371 viewscaught-in-limbo

explosions at MEN arena on 10:45 - May 23 by chicoazul

The person or persons who bombed the MEN last night.

How does he know that there will be more to come?

#toxic

explosions at MEN arena on 10:48 - May 23 with 2359 viewsstickymockwell

From the man who has just done a $110,000,000,000 Arms deal with the Saudi's. It all just seems a bit wrong all round.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

explosions at MEN arena on 10:49 - May 23 with 2356 viewschicoazul

explosions at MEN arena on 10:47 - May 23 by caught-in-limbo

He doesnt. Unless he does.
But this speculation all seems quite distasteful so soon after the incident so I am recusing myself from this thread.

explosions at MEN arena on 10:51 - May 23 with 2348 viewsGuthrum

Because there have been a number already, they keep trying and the issues behind it have not gone away. It's a pretty safe assumption.

explosions at MEN arena on 10:51 - May 23 with 2342 viewsJ2BLUE

explosions at MEN arena on 10:41 - May 23 by giant_stow

Bit harsh mr - I'd guess the intentions were more honourable than that. Hey ho.

I'm sure they were. My real issue is giving attention to the sick morons on Twitter who make things up in the middle of something like that. We don't need every little rumour and detail reported. We've already seen on here at least two posters who had a family member there or who nearly had a family member there and I just think the speculation doesn't help.

Just my opinion. I won't keep going on in this thread.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

explosions at MEN arena on 10:51 - May 23 with 2334 viewscaught-in-limbo

explosions at MEN arena on 10:45 - May 23 by giant_stow

People who.bomb others I guess. And why is trump's word Gospel anyway? Didn't he invent an attack in sweeden recently?

Trump's word certainly isn't gospel. But he says terrorists want to be called monsters as opposed to losers. I assume for him to say that, he has a certain group of terrorists in mind, otherwise how can he claim to know that all terrorists want to be called monsters?

#toxic

explosions at MEN arena on 10:55 - May 23 with 2300 viewscaught-in-limbo

explosions at MEN arena on 10:51 - May 23 by Guthrum

Because there have been a number already, they keep trying and the issues behind it have not gone away. It's a pretty safe assumption.

Who exactly are we talking about here?
[Post edited 23 May 2017 10:57]

#toxic

explosions at MEN arena on 11:01 - May 23 with 2262 viewsMJallday

explosions at MEN arena on 10:51 - May 23 by J2BLUE

I'm sure they were. My real issue is giving attention to the sick morons on Twitter who make things up in the middle of something like that. We don't need every little rumour and detail reported. We've already seen on here at least two posters who had a family member there or who nearly had a family member there and I just think the speculation doesn't help.

it may be best to avoid the sky news twitter feed, who have literally just published video of the before, during and after then.

without going into detail, you can hear the "before sound" of the concert, the explosion, the realisation of people in there on camera , then the panic - then they start broadcasting scenes (which i hope im not speaking out of turn here) would be similar to how i would imagined Hillsborough to have been. - definate surges of crowd.

its pretty sick stuff.

out of respect i wont repost it - but sky clearly feel it necessary too.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 11:02]

explosions at MEN arena on 11:04 - May 23 with 2242 viewsGlasgowBlue

Give it a rest today please.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

explosions at MEN arena on 11:07 - May 23 with 2216 viewslowhouseblue

this really isn't the time for this stuff.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

explosions at MEN arena on 11:10 - May 23 with 2197 viewsLord_Lucan

explosions at MEN arena on 10:51 - May 23 by J2BLUE

I fully agree with you on the social media thing but I was watching the news when it broke, you can't ignore it can you. I think the rolling news the day after is wrong though. When The IRA bombed No 10s garden with mortar shells during a cabinet meeting it didn't have such a media clamour.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024