Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What chance do we have to compete? 01:29 - May 23 with 2246 viewsharlingblue

We moan about the lack of money that MM has been given by ME.
We/me moan about the standard of our football and the players that MM can attract.
Then you look at the amount of money given to the relegated teams from the Premiership, about £100 million each for being a failure.
Level playing field in The Championship, no chance due to Murdoch and Co, ME can't muster a few million to enhance the team, just enough to keep the Club ticking over.
So what's the answer?
Perhaps we need to support OUR Club, a bit like the Portsmouth fans support theirs, ME to get MM to put his money into a top striker and top midfielder, and the best Academy coaches, and start to let the youngsters come through, and be given the chance to play.
What chance do we have to compete? on 05:01 - May 23 with 2187 viewsBenters

ME can afford to give MM some funds he just doesnt .

The club is in a complete mess from top to bottom.

3000+ season ticket holders have walked away in two seasons,that alone is shocking.

The club lacks any ambition,most on here are just happy we plod along and they will clap all day long.

Until i see any sign of a change in transfer policy from our 'Glorious Leader' (im sick of seeing players who have had their day turn up for a season for a easy life),i will not put any money into the club.

Thank you and good night.

End of.

Poke it.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What chance do we have to compete? on 06:57 - May 23 with 2130 viewsWeekender

"Perhaps we need to support OUR Club, a bit like the Portsmouth fans support theirs, ME to get MM to put his money into a top striker and top midfielder..."

Do you understand the difference between the ownership at Portsmouth and at ITFC?

First you need to understand its not "our" club, ME owns the club, he can do whatever he wishes with it. Second how exactly do you propose to persuade ME to spend his own money?

Don't like it? The only option is to stay away.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

What chance do we have to compete? on 07:02 - May 23 with 2110 viewsBenters

What chance do we have to compete? on 06:57 - May 23 by Weekender

"Perhaps we need to support OUR Club, a bit like the Portsmouth fans support theirs, ME to get MM to put his money into a top striker and top midfielder..."

Do you understand the difference between the ownership at Portsmouth and at ITFC?

First you need to understand its not "our" club, ME owns the club, he can do whatever he wishes with it. Second how exactly do you propose to persuade ME to spend his own money?

Indeed not happy dont go .

Simple innit.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What chance do we have to compete? on 08:14 - May 23 with 2038 viewsitfcjoe

The problem is unless you invest in the academy and become a Cat 1 then you are always going to lose players - we've lost Charlie Brown to Chelsea, England U16 international Harry Clarke to Arsenal and Man City are heavily linked with England U15 international Ben Knight.

The big clubs are prepared to pay kids the sort of money our first team top earners get - we can try and build on the academy but ultimately an academy is only there to supplement the first team not be the spine of it for 99% of clubs.

Just need to get players through a bit quicker, Mick has done ok in this regard but could do better.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What chance do we have to compete? on 08:40 - May 23 with 1986 viewschristiand

What chance do we have to compete? on 08:14 - May 23 by itfcjoe

The problem is unless you invest in the academy and become a Cat 1 then you are always going to lose players - we've lost Charlie Brown to Chelsea, England U16 international Harry Clarke to Arsenal and Man City are heavily linked with England U15 international Ben Knight.

The big clubs are prepared to pay kids the sort of money our first team top earners get - we can try and build on the academy but ultimately an academy is only there to supplement the first team not be the spine of it for 99% of clubs.

Just need to get players through a bit quicker, Mick has done ok in this regard but could do better.

Our academy lads would've been brought up on a passing style of football. MM's first team are the only side in the club that play that direct style. He requires players that are physically and mentally tough to insure this style of football works. Having young lads in the team that are raw and developing you can see MM's reluctance. He much prefers experienced professionals that have got the know-how and have mileage in the legs for The Championship campaign. In addition, I think it's tough on the younger player to adapt to MM's style of play as it is something that they are clearly not use to playing, in fact it's like he is setting them up to fail when they don't perform.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What chance do we have to compete? on 08:58 - May 23 with 1965 viewsitfcjoe

What chance do we have to compete? on 08:40 - May 23 by christiand

Our academy lads would've been brought up on a passing style of football. MM's first team are the only side in the club that play that direct style. He requires players that are physically and mentally tough to insure this style of football works. Having young lads in the team that are raw and developing you can see MM's reluctance. He much prefers experienced professionals that have got the know-how and have mileage in the legs for The Championship campaign. In addition, I think it's tough on the younger player to adapt to MM's style of play as it is something that they are clearly not use to playing, in fact it's like he is setting them up to fail when they don't perform.

It's tough for any young kid to step into a Championship side regardless of the style of football - look around the league, there aren't many youngsters getting opportunities. We actually fare pretty well in that regard.

People make too much of an issue about the style of football, a player like Bishop was able to step up, Kenlock has been - whilst i think Mick could do more in easing players in via the bench, there is no easy way to step up from u23 football to 1st team football and you can't carry passengers in the Championship.

Forest brought a couple of players through recently in that Worrell and Brereton, both are 6ft plus, and Worrell in particular is a physical beast - it's needed in this league.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What chance do we have to compete? on 09:53 - May 23 with 1903 viewsRegencyBlue

What chance do we have to compete? on 06:57 - May 23 by Weekender

Which to be fair is the option many people appear to be taking!

I've not seen any figures for season ticket sales released by the club yet, although rumours abound that it is under 10000. Whatever the figure is it must be bad because otherwise the club would be shouting it from the rooftops.
What chance do we have to compete? on 10:14 - May 23 with 1855 viewschicoazul

It's pretty much impossible for us to compete now without a large chunk of cash. The days of continuity, building a thing, going up slowly are all but over.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

What chance do we have to compete? on 10:28 - May 23 with 1839 viewsPhilTWTD

What chance do we have to compete? on 09:53 - May 23 by RegencyBlue

Which to be fair is the option many people appear to be taking!

I've not seen any figures for season ticket sales released by the club yet, although rumours abound that it is under 10000. Whatever the figure is it must be bad because otherwise the club would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Ian Milne didn't dispute the under 10,000 figure when it was put to him on Life's a Pitch towards the end of the season and that is where sales are. I'm told they'll confirm numbers when they announce matchday prices and the more flexible ticketing initiatives that IM referred to on LAP.

Having got season tickets wrong I think they're somewhat keen not to make similar mistakes on that front, hence the delay (was expecting news a couple of weeks back). I get the impression there will be reduction in matchday prices and they've already said that the £2.50 matchday surcharge has been scrapped.
What chance do we have to compete? on 10:46 - May 23 with 1804 viewschicoazul

What chance do we have to compete? on 10:28 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

Ian Milne didn't dispute the under 10,000 figure when it was put to him on Life's a Pitch towards the end of the season and that is where sales are. I'm told they'll confirm numbers when they announce matchday prices and the more flexible ticketing initiatives that IM referred to on LAP.

Having got season tickets wrong I think they're somewhat keen not to make similar mistakes on that front, hence the delay (was expecting news a couple of weeks back). I get the impression there will be reduction in matchday prices and they've already said that the £2.50 matchday surcharge has been scrapped.

The whole idea that one should be penalised with an additional cost for waking up and wanting to go watch Ipswich play is insanity.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What chance do we have to compete? on 10:58 - May 23 with 1785 viewsBlueNomad

What chance do we have to compete? on 05:01 - May 23 by Benters

3000+ season ticket holders have walked away in two seasons,that alone is shocking.

The club lacks any ambition,most on here are just happy we plod along and they will clap all day long.

Until i see any sign of a change in transfer policy from our 'Glorious Leader' (im sick of seeing players who have had their day turn up for a season for a easy life),i will not put any money into the club.

End of.

Poke it.

Blimey! Didn't know you feel like this. Why didn't you say before?
What chance do we have to compete? on 11:03 - May 23 with 1775 viewsWickets

What chance do we have to compete? on 05:01 - May 23 by Benters

End of.

Poke it.

Who do you see as our leader? For me Town need an owner who put's the club first, an owner who is interested in investing so we have a chance to reach the promised land. I'm not a lover of our manager but an owner who is willing to put his money where his mouth is is the first step for me.I live in hope!!
What chance do we have to compete? on 11:25 - May 23 with 1757 viewsPhilTWTD

What chance do we have to compete? on 10:46 - May 23 by chicoazul

The whole idea that one should be penalised with an additional cost for waking up and wanting to go watch Ipswich play is insanity.

It is daft, and Town aren't the only ones with such a policy. The idea is to encourage tickets to be bought in advance so they have a better idea of the size of the crowd and can judge the number of stewards etc to have on duty.
What chance do we have to compete? on 16:31 - May 23 with 1598 viewsRegencyBlue

What chance do we have to compete? on 10:28 - May 23 by PhilTWTD

Fair enough!

I still struggle to comprehend though just how the hierarchy at the club could be so out of touch as to have got the season ticket issue this wrong. To lose 20%, if not more, of your core customer base in one hit is criminal.

It doesn't bode well for the future either, unless serious lessons have been learned at PR over this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024