Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night 16:52 - May 23 with 2178 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'll be honest.

Ever since London bombings. Ive kept away ever since.

I know. Gotta carry on. But i genuinely have a fear of the place.

Then france attacks. Cafes etc. Makes me feel majorly insecure when i visit cafes in france. ( i love france) but i know visit the small villages.

Yes im a grown man with increasing fears and probably will get told to find it within myself to i guess man up.

But one thing, i had this mindset of. 'They wont target kids' so never really thought any ill feelings of going Disney. Or taking my boy on day trips or concerts etc.

Im now at a point thinking sht. Even my kid could be at risk.

Now dont really know why im posting this or what im expecting. But how the fk do you get the mindset back of how life used to be before these attacks begun.

Grown man. Fed up of fear

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Last night on 17:01 - May 23 with 2131 viewsElderGrizzly

It probably won't help you that we have stopped over 100 attacks in the last 12 months then?

I go to London or actually other places deemed 'dangerous' most days and i'm still here. That's not being cocky, just the reality of it.

This is horrible and sadly one will slip the net every now and again, but the security services do a fantastic job in stopping attacks, almost on a daily basis.

I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, or how to look after your kids, but you are hundred of thousands times more likely to be knocked over crossing the road today.

Be vigilant, take a few extra precautions in crowds, but don't be put off living your life.
Last night on 17:10 - May 23 with 2087 viewsSteve_M

I think what you're describing is understandable, a natural reaction to events; it's instinctive to want to avoid danger and protect your family. I don't think there is anything wrong in admitting that.

As to what to do, well that is your choice. Rationally your risk of being directly affected in any such attack remain low even if, like me, you live and work in central London. There was probably more danger in London during the IRA bombing campaigns of the 70s and 80s than now but we didn't have 24 hour news channels then.

The mind doesn't always work rationally though.

There is a risk in anything though, statistically car accidents kill more people than terrorism but driving is something people do every day, without really considering the risk. There is no single answer though but if you can help it don't let the fear of terrorism stop you doing things you would ordinarily do or having great experiences with your kids.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Last night on 17:17 - May 23 with 2061 viewsWeWereZombies

I have not really got anything comforting to say other than a moving target is harder to hit than a stationary one. In other words, do not let abusive people put your life on hold, I think the first two posts have put it better and I am not recommending that you carry on regardless - it is wise to listen to your own responses and not to take unnecessary risks but if we all hunker down and never go out they have won.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Last night on 17:20 - May 23 with 2051 viewsClausThomsen

Suicide bombing is nothing compared to carpet bombing.

Imagine living somewhere getting carpet-bombed!

Actually don't - just stay in your engineered state of fear based on second-hand information and get behind the carpet-bombing. And buy stuff. Loads of stuff.

Thanks.
Last night on 17:27 - May 23 with 2022 viewsgiant_stow

Last night on 17:20 - May 23 by ClausThomsen

Actually don't - just stay in your engineered state of fear based on second-hand information and get behind the carpet-bombing. And buy stuff. Loads of stuff.

Thanks.

there's no need to be a prick about it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Last night on 17:29 - May 23 with 2009 viewsSteve_M

Thanks.

The dead are still just as dead.

Good to see it isn't only football where you hammer an agenda into every post.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Last night on 17:32 - May 23 with 1988 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This might help.....
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/03/terrorism-in-europe-at-historical-high/
(2001-14 in Iraq there were 40,000 deaths from terror attacks )
[Post edited 23 May 2017 17:42]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Last night on 17:32 - May 23 with 1989 viewsClausThomsen

Last night on 17:29 - May 23 by Steve_M

The dead are still just as dead.

Good to see it isn't only football where you hammer an agenda into every post.

Is the truth an agenda?

You know that we're carpet-bombing children on a daily basis.

I don't play the ostrich.

Enjoy the unenlightened up-arrows!
Login to get fewer ads

Last night on 17:34 - May 23 with 1980 viewsSuperfrans

Don't be afraid of London, fella.

I live in zone 4, work in the centre every day. I was walking around the crowds on the South Bank at lunchtime, I'll be on a packed Tube home (as I was coming in), I'll be at Westfield at the weekend, in town for an event tomorrow evening. It's all fine. These awful events are terrible atrocities, utterly despicable.

I don't just carry on (as 99.9% of other Londoners do) to show "them" that we can and will - but also because, even in London, the chance of getting caught up in something like last night is one in 100 million.

There's more chance of having a heart attack or getting hit by lightning, or a bus. We all have to live our lives...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Last night on 17:43 - May 23 with 1934 viewsWeWereZombies

Last night on 17:32 - May 23 by ClausThomsen

Is the truth an agenda?

I get where you are coming from...

but

Suicide bombing as an act of terror is designed to instill fear into a general population, it is bringing war into peaceful areas and it is indiscriminate.

I don't think that air raids are capable of happening without collateral damage and causing massive disruption to the lives of ordinary citizens (I am sure I am not alone in having a parent who travelled into central London to work during the Blitz) but people do know they are in a war zone and moving to a refugee camp may be the only answer.

So I think suicide bombers just make a lot of people blind to the suffering in Syria. Iraq and elsewhere - these terror attacks need to stop and the world needs to concentrate more on the plight of refugees and scale back airborne warfare.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 17:46]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Last night on 17:44 - May 23 with 1931 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thanks.

So it's not just on football you're a knob?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Last night on 18:53 - May 23 with 1814 viewsSarge

Last night on 17:32 - May 23 by ClausThomsen

Is the truth an agenda?

Carpet bombing? Where?
Last night on 19:54 - May 23 with 1719 viewsJ2BLUE

I kind of agree and kind of don't. It does shake you up a little bit but think about how many of these attacks get through thanks to our amazing security services. Then think of the chances of being in that one place at that one time and being caught up in it. It's incredibly tragic and probably the hardest way to lose someone as the chances are minuscule.

Be vigilant, be sensible and be defiant. Feck them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Last night on 20:24 - May 23 with 1643 viewswrightsrightglove

Unfortunately it's a case of wrong place, wrong time. Could quite as easily get run over in rural France as shot in Paris (in fact far more likely to get run over than killed in a terrorist attack.) There are so many dangers out there, 5000 people a year die of asbestos related cancer, but you wouldn't think twice about going into a shed with an asbestos roof. Just have to keep these horrific and f**cked up events in mind and stay aware but can't let it effect your life unless the unthinkable happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024