Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The attack of the Islamic faith 18:40 - May 23 with 10255 viewsmos

Almost every terrorist attack of late has brought about a large wagon of people who decide that Muslims are to blame for the attack.
Their general reasoning is that the attacker is a Muslim; from which they have most likely determined from their name. Basically, it's a guess that the terrorist was from the Islamic faith.

And you don't have to search far on the Internet to find utter hatred towards the Muslims, it was only 10 minutes ago I was looking on YouTube at news updates and the top comment was something on the lines of "The only way is to ban all Muslims.".

This is ridiculous. People are genuinely thinking these sort of things, and it's not even like its a joke or a rarity. It's relatively common on the Internet.

The Good Guy part - I like Muslims, I know several Muslims who are great friends and lovely, caring people. Banning Muslims is an outrageous thought.

So I'm curious, what do other people think about this attack on the Islamic faith? I hope you find these sort of people ridiculous, but it's seeming relatively common now. So what are your thoughts?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:45 - May 23 with 2483 viewsbrazil1982

Not 24 hours yet and you're concerned for the wellbeing of Muslims?
Not 24 hours yet and you're concerned about an attack on Islam?

Crikey.
The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:46 - May 23 with 2477 viewsKeaneish

The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:05 - May 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

What we need is a Guantanamo to lock up any potential wrong uns

No, most definitely not. The fact Guantanamo is still in existence is shameful given the human rights abuses suffered by many innocents housed there. I want our nation to distance itself from the US's stance on terrorism, not uphold its barbarism.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:04 - May 23 with 2440 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:45 - May 23 by brazil1982

Not 24 hours yet and you're concerned for the wellbeing of Muslims?
Not 24 hours yet and you're concerned about an attack on Islam?

Crikey.

The everyday Muslim is just as horrified and disgusted by the events of last night as you or I.

This is your everyday Muslim:
[Post edited 23 May 2017 21:16]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:12 - May 23 with 2426 viewstractorboy1978

The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:21 - May 23 by sparks

Unfortunately, by denying the uncomfortable fact that the groups we are looking at are clearly motivated by their interpretation of islam, we risk avoiding getting to grips with the role religion plays in shaping attitudes and divides, and equally push the less thoughtful towards ractionary positions.

When you say "this is nothing to do with islam" you will get people who respond "this is PC gone mad, you cant even talk about the problem"- which brings its own problems.

I have to ask you who gets to decide what "true muslims" do. Its a fallacy. They believe they are true muslims the same as your friends do. Who gets to choose?

Spot on. We are told that the terrorists "aren't Muslims" and 'Islam is not the problem". The elephant in the room is that these people fully believe they are acting in the name of Allah and making the ultimate sacrifice. I cannot profess to have read/studied the Quran cover to cover (I doubt most people that comment on this subject have) but there are clearly elements within it that push the ideology that these people are indoctrinated with. To distance these attacks from Islam is not helpful in trying to resolve the problem/divisions (both for those we would consider 'real' Muslims and for us as a Western society).
The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:15 - May 23 with 2412 viewsmos

The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:21 - May 23 by sparks

Unfortunately, by denying the uncomfortable fact that the groups we are looking at are clearly motivated by their interpretation of islam, we risk avoiding getting to grips with the role religion plays in shaping attitudes and divides, and equally push the less thoughtful towards ractionary positions.

When you say "this is nothing to do with islam" you will get people who respond "this is PC gone mad, you cant even talk about the problem"- which brings its own problems.

I have to ask you who gets to decide what "true muslims" do. Its a fallacy. They believe they are true muslims the same as your friends do. Who gets to choose?

Fair enough,

These people conducting these attacks claim that they're part of the Islamic faith. But is that enough?

There has to be a dividing line, you are, or you aren't. If you go by the religions rules, if you don't follow them, that must mean you're not part of the faith?

But as you say, we have to think of them as Muslims, in order to see where their motivation comes from. Which is fair enough, but they aren't Muslims.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:20 - May 23 with 2388 viewsfactual_blue

The attack of the Islamic faith on 19:36 - May 23 by christiand

Personally, I don't believe that Muslims do enough, within their own communities, to out these cowardly ar*eholes. They get upset when authorities rightly interfere, moan about the western world, but shock horror they invariably live here or in other modern societies of the west. Why stay? Generally, like most religions it's double standards based on a main fictional character with very little scientific proof of existence. I'm quite a tolerant person, and understand the need for a stiff upper-lip approach, but when is enough, indeed enough? When are Muslims going to be more accountable for their peer's actions and start actually helping to stop these atrocities? Stop hiding them, being defensive and obstructive after all we all live in the same country whether you like it or not! Hitler caused an uprising and look what happened there, it's about time we just wiped out these cowardly b*stards once and for all - like the world did to finally over throw Hitler's religious cleansing all those years ago.

One could argue that Christianity doesn't do enough to out the cowardly ar*eholes of the Westboro Baptist Church.

This is their website

http://www.godhatesfags.com

Yes, you have read that correctly......

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:23 - May 23 with 2380 viewsmos

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:12 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

Spot on. We are told that the terrorists "aren't Muslims" and 'Islam is not the problem". The elephant in the room is that these people fully believe they are acting in the name of Allah and making the ultimate sacrifice. I cannot profess to have read/studied the Quran cover to cover (I doubt most people that comment on this subject have) but there are clearly elements within it that push the ideology that these people are indoctrinated with. To distance these attacks from Islam is not helpful in trying to resolve the problem/divisions (both for those we would consider 'real' Muslims and for us as a Western society).

Yeah, you're not wrong.

But the point is, a lot of Muslims feel attacked because of people on social media openly saying Muslims are the problem, and they need to be kicked out.

Most people on here, including me are questioning how ridiculous these thoughts are. And that a lot of Muslims feel a bit sad that people are wanting them gone because of attacks that are apparently all done by Muslim people.

Islam isn't the problem, and I strongly stand by that, how can people, who claim that they conduct them selves in the way of Allah, but go out and kill innocent children still be Muslim? It breaks many rules of their religion, making them non-religious. Religion is a way of life, a culture, a community who all act in a similar way - rituals, praying, reading of texts etc. This must mean they all follow the same guidelines and rules that were teached to them.

That night, it could've been anyone doing the attack.

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:31 - May 23 with 2352 viewssparks

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:15 - May 23 by mos

Fair enough,

These people conducting these attacks claim that they're part of the Islamic faith. But is that enough?

There has to be a dividing line, you are, or you aren't. If you go by the religions rules, if you don't follow them, that must mean you're not part of the faith?

But as you say, we have to think of them as Muslims, in order to see where their motivation comes from. Which is fair enough, but they aren't Muslims.

This is a fallacy based entirely in the assumption that 1 interpretation is correct. Both can support their positions via scripture

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:31 - May 23 with 2352 viewsJ2BLUE

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:20 - May 23 by factual_blue

One could argue that Christianity doesn't do enough to out the cowardly ar*eholes of the Westboro Baptist Church.

This is their website

http://www.godhatesfags.com

Yes, you have read that correctly......

Holy crap.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:32 - May 23 with 2350 viewsClapham_Junction

The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:38 - May 23 by patrickswell

Having seen it at the weekend finally, I would encourage people to watch HyperNormalisation on the BBC iPlayer, not least for an insight about how suicide bombing went from being a military tactic to a terrorist one - and how it polarised Islam, especially in reference to its use by Hamas.

Hamas arguably completely changed the course of the Israeli-Palestinian peace process by stepping up their bombing campaign in the buildup to the 1996 elections in Israel.

Shimon Peres was running for reelection on a platform of maintaining the peace process and was well ahead in the polls. Him winning was the last thing Hamas wanted, as a successful conclusion to the peace process would make them basically obsolete. On the other hand, a victory for Netanyahu would result in a more hardline Israeli approach which would keep the conflict going. Unfortunately Netanyahu won by a very narrow margin (about 30,000 votes) and the peace process has been virtually stalled ever since.

My first thought on hearing the news about Manchester was whether the timing was aimed at affecting our election.
The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:35 - May 23 with 2328 viewsjeera

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:31 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Holy crap.

Before I look, do I assume it's not some anti smoking campaign?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:36 - May 23 with 2323 viewsJ2BLUE

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:35 - May 23 by jeera

You're confusing it with godlovesvaping.com

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:37 - May 23 with 2320 viewstractorboy1978

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:23 - May 23 by mos

Yeah, you're not wrong.

But the point is, a lot of Muslims feel attacked because of people on social media openly saying Muslims are the problem, and they need to be kicked out.

Most people on here, including me are questioning how ridiculous these thoughts are. And that a lot of Muslims feel a bit sad that people are wanting them gone because of attacks that are apparently all done by Muslim people.

Islam isn't the problem, and I strongly stand by that, how can people, who claim that they conduct them selves in the way of Allah, but go out and kill innocent children still be Muslim? It breaks many rules of their religion, making them non-religious. Religion is a way of life, a culture, a community who all act in a similar way - rituals, praying, reading of texts etc. This must mean they all follow the same guidelines and rules that were teached to them.

That night, it could've been anyone doing the attack.

Interpretation.

There are plenty of verses in the Quran which incite violence against the enemy and non-believers.
The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:40 - May 23 with 2309 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The attack of the Islamic faith on 19:55 - May 23 by noggin

What do you think about the scores of muslim taxi drivers who switched of their metres and drove people home from the arena? What do you think of the muslims who have organised the vigil in Manchester this evening?

Not forgetting the Muslim doctors and nurses.......

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:47 - May 23 with 2291 viewstextbackup

I don't know any muslims, possibly never will, but I know they aren't to blame. I'd hazard a guess many work with security services to work as informants etc.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:50 - May 23 with 2274 viewsCoastalblue

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:32 - May 23 by Clapham_Junction

Hamas arguably completely changed the course of the Israeli-Palestinian peace process by stepping up their bombing campaign in the buildup to the 1996 elections in Israel.

Shimon Peres was running for reelection on a platform of maintaining the peace process and was well ahead in the polls. Him winning was the last thing Hamas wanted, as a successful conclusion to the peace process would make them basically obsolete. On the other hand, a victory for Netanyahu would result in a more hardline Israeli approach which would keep the conflict going. Unfortunately Netanyahu won by a very narrow margin (about 30,000 votes) and the peace process has been virtually stalled ever since.

My first thought on hearing the news about Manchester was whether the timing was aimed at affecting our election.

I had the same thought, particularly when you tie it into the run up to the French election and candidates there.

The reality is that was these people are trying to achieve is exactly what the morons on social media do every time something like this happens.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:51 - May 23 with 2270 viewsmos

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:37 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

Interpretation.

There are plenty of verses in the Quran which incite violence against the enemy and non-believers.

Ok, I trust you.
I haven't read the scriptures or the text so I can't say much

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:57 - May 23 with 2256 viewsfactual_blue

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:35 - May 23 by jeera

They pour God's wrath on fagging at English public schools.

The attack of the Islamic faith on 22:03 - May 23 with 2246 viewsfactual_blue

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:36 - May 23 by J2BLUE

You're confusing it with godlovesvaping.com

And then there's www.godcancookfriedeggsproperly.com.....

The attack of the Islamic faith on 22:57 - May 23 with 2200 viewsmanchego

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:15 - May 23 by mos

Fair enough,

If you want to be violent towards idolaters,
[who give reverence given to an object, a philosophy, or a belief when such reverence should be given to God alone]
it's trivially easy to find justification for that in the Quran.

And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.
The attack of the Islamic faith on 02:05 - May 24 with 2140 viewsRyorry

The attack of the Islamic faith on 20:02 - May 23 by mos

I won't quote anyone, because I want to address everyone who replied, and I don't think there's a function for multi-quotes? There might be, don't know.

One of main things that my Muslim friends say when talking about the violence circling the world is that "The terrorists seen onn the news, are not Muslim, they are simply, terrorists." Which I fully agree with.

Being part of the Islamic faith means you are bound to a set of particular rules. True Muslims believe 3 things about going to war/causing violence. You can only go to war if:

Another nation is attacking you
The religion is being oppressed
Or in self-defence

And the war must be conducted properly - pretty much following the 'Just War Theory'.

Most Muslims feel they aren't being attacked, oppressed or in need to use self-defence, so therefore this terrorist attack on Manchester is a terrorist attack, he is not a Muslim.

Even if he has acted in one of those three ways, he has conducted his violence wrongly, first off, he killed non-combatants, and he killed children.

Please forgive me if this is simplistic or crass - but would it not help if all the millions of decent Muslims told the terrorists, or those who they think are being radicalised, that Allah would be appalled by the murder of innocents and that the perpetrators of such acts would definitely not go to heaven/paradise? Because "in the name of Allah" and a straight pass to some supposed paradise after such acts seems from what I've read, to be the main and most frequent carrot dangled in front of would be terrorists when Isis, or whoever, is looking for recruits?

I do think Sparks has a point tho; it was ignoring the views of many of the Great British Public on immigration as it affected employment, housing etc (in their eyes) that led to the Referendum and its result.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The attack of the Islamic faith on 06:10 - May 24 with 2092 viewsblue_oyster

The attack of the Islamic faith on 02:05 - May 24 by Ryorry

Please forgive me if this is simplistic or crass - but would it not help if all the millions of decent Muslims told the terrorists, or those who they think are being radicalised, that Allah would be appalled by the murder of innocents and that the perpetrators of such acts would definitely not go to heaven/paradise? Because "in the name of Allah" and a straight pass to some supposed paradise after such acts seems from what I've read, to be the main and most frequent carrot dangled in front of would be terrorists when Isis, or whoever, is looking for recruits?

I do think Sparks has a point tho; it was ignoring the views of many of the Great British Public on immigration as it affected employment, housing etc (in their eyes) that led to the Referendum and its result.

It might help in some cases. But only some 'terror' attacks or rampage killings are to do with Islam. And often they work alone.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 06:14 - May 24 with 2090 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The attack of the Islamic faith on 02:05 - May 24 by Ryorry

But who are they telling? How are they supposed to know which of the nutters are in their community? Because it's such a tiny percentage

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The attack of the Islamic faith on 06:49 - May 24 with 2073 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The attack of the Islamic faith on 21:47 - May 23 by textbackup

I don't know any muslims, possibly never will, but I know they aren't to blame. I'd hazard a guess many work with security services to work as informants etc.

It's the beardy wierdies and the ones that wear the veil which you need to watch out for
The attack of the Islamic faith on 07:34 - May 24 with 2035 viewsAxeldalai_lama

The attack of the Islamic faith on 19:36 - May 23 by christiand

Personally, I don't believe that Muslims do enough, within their own communities, to out these cowardly ar*eholes. They get upset when authorities rightly interfere, moan about the western world, but shock horror they invariably live here or in other modern societies of the west. Why stay? Generally, like most religions it's double standards based on a main fictional character with very little scientific proof of existence. I'm quite a tolerant person, and understand the need for a stiff upper-lip approach, but when is enough, indeed enough? When are Muslims going to be more accountable for their peer's actions and start actually helping to stop these atrocities? Stop hiding them, being defensive and obstructive after all we all live in the same country whether you like it or not! Hitler caused an uprising and look what happened there, it's about time we just wiped out these cowardly b*stards once and for all - like the world did to finally over throw Hitler's religious cleansing all those years ago.

How do you know that Muslims are not doing enough?

The great majority of tip offs to prevent terrorist attacks come from Muslim communities. Muslim groups both local and national condemn all attacks when they happen.

Why stay? Brilliant. Suggesting they somehow don't belong in this country, despite most being born and raised here, many for generations. Not to mention a lot of the most extreme/ most likely to do these cowardly attacks are converts who aren't from traditional muslim communities.

"Get upset when the authorities interfere". Are you saying that the average policeman get's treated with massive respect when looking for a drug dealer or local scumbag on, say, a council estate? Or stop and search? Does that go down well? My only point being that people don't generally like the police etc getting involved in their business, so can hardly use it against one and not the other.

As for wiping them out. How do you suggest we do this? I'd say we're already doing a pretty good job. You make it sound so simple.

No one is accepting what's happening but frustrated ranting largely at the muslim community gets us worse than nowhere IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024