Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk 18:40 - May 23 with 3035 viewsGlasgowBlue

But I'm feeling proper down about the Manchester bombing.

Can't help thinking that had those who died stayed 'til the end of the encore they'd still be alive but then others wouldn't have been.

My head is spinning. Having taken my kids to Little Mix and other concerts I can see these dead kids having the times of their lives just a few minutes before they died. I'm welling up thinking about it and I just want to go home and see my kids.

And I feel a little silly telling you guys this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 18:52 - May 23 with 2992 viewsMJallday

i think its a perfectly natural reaction and nothing to feel silly over.

the evil nature of this attack - by specifically targeting children - has triggered strong feelings in us all.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 19:39 - May 23 with 2933 viewsBluefish

This one seems to have hit me harder as well. Probably because of the kids being the victims. I was at the vamps at Nottingham arena last week with my daughter and we have little mix later in the year in Birmingham. We will still take her and make sure that we show her that we are not scared but inside will be slightly nervous.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 19:46 - May 23 with 2912 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't feel silly, it's tragic. Go and hug your kids then come back later and we'll argue about Corbyn some more .

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 19:54 - May 23 with 2893 viewsbluelagos

I think where ever you have a personal connection, you get way more upset than where you didn't. Perfectly normal.

I got quite angry/upset over sandyhook, as I was working as a primary teacher at the time. Far more than I did over other shootings in America. Those personal connections affect you, nothing abnormal in that imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 20:00 - May 23 with 2880 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm in no way ashamed to say I shed a tear watching the news last night when they said 19 had died (at the time) as I knew a lot of those will be kids.

Breaks my heart.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 20:08 - May 23 with 2849 viewsJakeITFC

I was really down this morning, mostly just dumbfounded.

I don't know why, but the tweet of Ariana Grande herself was the thing that really got to me when I was reading the news reports first thing this morning. So many people will be blaming themselves today (and possibly forever) when it is the act of a selfish, senseless coward of a man.

It's great to see the solidarity of a nation (and a world) getting behind Manchester, but I really feel for the 20,000+ people who's lives will never be the same again. I just hope we can some how overcome this problem soon.
I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 20:12 - May 23 with 2829 viewsDolly2.0

I got you a T-shirt to cheer you up...

https://goo.gl/images/GE4eKx

Joking aside, don't feel silly telling us. I haven't got kids myself but everyone will be with you on this one. Words fail me to be honest. Too horrible to understand.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 21:39 - May 23 with 2732 viewsHarry_Palmer

No need to feel silly at all, it just shows that you are a good Man with a caring heart. Only the most callous of people could not be affected by events such as this.

I too was feeling pretty glum this morning at work after hearing the news on the way in. I have two young daughters that will no doubt be wanting to go to concerts in a couple of years and it really resonates when you think of this potentially happening to your own.
Login to get fewer ads

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 22:44 - May 23 with 2663 viewsThrobbe

What you feel is what you feel, there's no right or wrong to it.

If it helps, I've been puzzling over why this has hit me so much harder than 7/7, and it probably is about having a daughter of the age of many of the fans at the concert, and in fact I had tried to get us tickets for one of the London dates. It's not just about the impact on those affected, although clearly that is awful, and outweighs my own concerns.

I've had to try to explain to her that she shouldn't worry, when this will be one of the defining events of her formative years. In a way, this has meant that my little girl has had to grow up a little quicker than I'd have liked. I know she's worried about me going to a couple of gigs this week, and I don't know how to reassure her. You're a dad, and you know that part of that is protecting your kids from harm, and it feels properly crap to not be able to do that.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:46 - May 23 with 2659 viewstextbackup

Ditto...

Sat feeling numb all day. Children 😢
[Post edited 23 May 2017 22:54]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 04:45 - May 24 with 2559 viewsBenters

I feel very upset about it all,its all so sad, and i cant handle thinking what those poor children's relations must be going through.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 05:09 - May 24 with 2544 viewsTLA

My wife and I were saying last night that we've both been feeling the impact of this more than many other events - we don't have kids either.

I know why everyone talks about not letting terrorism change our way of life but the people who weren't killed or injured will have seen some awful things. The impact of what some of the kids will have seen will be huge and is very likely to affect their way of life.

I hope you had loads of hugs with your kids when you got home.
I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 08:02 - May 24 with 2454 viewsdidsburyblue

For me it's familiarity. I've lived in Manchester for 8 years (the north west 13) and must have been to over a dozen gigs at the Arena. Therefore, when I hear the news reporters describing where the sick f***** murdered those innocent people, for me they don't need to. I can picture the precise location: the steps from the station that take you into the foyer area, the Stewards that organise you into lines for the searches, the line of doors where your ticket is scanned, the McDonalds on the right hand side of the foyer, the posters advertising upcoming gigs littering the left hand wall.

Unsurprisingly, with a 21,000 capacity it's not quick to get out of the arena. I think about the number of times I've been stood queuing to leave, or just following the crowd unsure which entrance/exit I'm going to come out to. I've then been (trying not to) thinking about what it must have been like for all those terrified people, desperate to get out but with no quick way of escaping.

Where the Terrorist lived is less than a mile away from my house. One of my normal running routes takes me past the entrance to his street. The Mosque he allegedly attended is a 5 minute walk from the local pub I frequent the most. If the media is to be believed, he would have got on the Tram at the same stop I use & therefore taken the same route I take every time I head into town.

I've woken up this morning and I still can't quite fathom my emotions. I know it sounds cliched but a guess a mixture of shock and sadness is about as close as I can get. It also feels strange having these feelings when I'm not directly affected by Monday night; I'd never heard of Ariana Grande until yesterday morning & don't know anyone (directly or indirectly) who was at the gig.

However, I do know it certainly puts football in perspective.
I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 08:19 - May 24 with 2426 viewsBluebell

I think anyone with young children will react in the same way. I hardly slept last night thinking about the pictures and films I had seen of the carnage.

I can remember taking my children to concerts (before they were old enough to go alone) and knowing they have been excited for many months prior to the event, collecting photos, reading magazines and discussing it with friends.

Some moron has ruined the lives of so many people. Something they will never get over.

The police, paramedics and concert goers who helped the injured and looked after the ones who lost their lives were absolutely amazing and all praise has to go to them.

RIP all those poor people who lost their lives.
I don't know if it's because I have rolling news on all day at my desk on 11:14 - May 24 with 2312 viewsnsblu1

Not silly at all chap. What happened is truly horrific and will resonate with most people in one way or another.

I was in London yesterday and all I could think about was my kids, knowing that I wouldn't get home until after they'd gone to bed, but just wanting to get back so I could go look over them while they were sleeping. Heart breaks for the families and friends of those involved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024