Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... 21:49 - May 23 with 7544 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...with the announcement of army on the streets ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 09:32 - May 24 with 1937 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 09:23 - May 24 by lowhouseblue

what?? the 1945 election was before the end of wwII - we were still fighting in the far east.

You seem keen to resume squabbling.....I would suggest that if there was still war in Europe in 1945 then, as in 1940, it would have been delayed.
I was trying for a non partisan discussion but maybe you are so keen to see Corbyn get a pasting in the election that you will take great pleasure in seeing Theresa getting as many opportunities as possible to be seen as "strong and stable"....Enjoy !
Now off to work.

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 09:54 - May 24 with 1910 viewslowhouseblue

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 09:32 - May 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

You seem keen to resume squabbling.....I would suggest that if there was still war in Europe in 1945 then, as in 1940, it would have been delayed.
I was trying for a non partisan discussion but maybe you are so keen to see Corbyn get a pasting in the election that you will take great pleasure in seeing Theresa getting as many opportunities as possible to be seen as "strong and stable"....Enjoy !
Now off to work.

I'm pointing out that you are wrong to say that the 1945 election didn't take place during world war II. there is nothing partisan about correcting an historical error

the rest of your post is pure waffle intended to distract from the fact that you've made a pratt of yourself.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:08 - May 24 with 1887 viewsMJallday

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 21:52 - May 23 by WD19

I doubt any squaddie is going to follow me into the voting booth to be honest.

They might if they're lonely, or you ask them nicely

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:15 - May 24 with 1881 viewsNo9

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 09:03 - May 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

There are important lessons to be learned about who makes announcements and how they are delivered when parliament is suspended. This event will affect the election as a result of reinforced perceptions based on images rather than facts but it is what it is and I am sure will carry on as planned.
I hope the media now do not over play the 'Corbyn...blood on his hands' narrative but time will tell ! Would be nice to be pleasantly surprised for once.

I listened to an interesting discuccsion on the radio with youngsters who will be forst time voters, on whether or not the voting age should be lowered to 16. There was no real conclusion either way.
The comments from them amounted to the fact they had almost unanimously come to the conclusion that the Murdoch press was making up stories about Mr Corbyn because Murdoch is scared of him.
Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:21 - May 24 with 1875 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 09:54 - May 24 by lowhouseblue

I'm pointing out that you are wrong to say that the 1945 election didn't take place during world war II. there is nothing partisan about correcting an historical error

the rest of your post is pure waffle intended to distract from the fact that you've made a pratt of yourself.

You are welcome !
Was there a general election in 1940 ?
Did it not take place due to the war ?
Hint.....see the Wikipedia link if you need any help.
Do you think the 1945 election would have taken place if we were still at war in Europe or for that matter particularly actively in the East by June 45 , with Hiroshima Nagasaki only 2 months away and the Japanese largely engaged by American forces ?
Yours prattishly etc
Slavers
[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:26]

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:27 - May 24 with 1863 viewslowhouseblue

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:21 - May 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

You are welcome !
Was there a general election in 1940 ?
Did it not take place due to the war ?
Hint.....see the Wikipedia link if you need any help.
Do you think the 1945 election would have taken place if we were still at war in Europe or for that matter particularly actively in the East by June 45 , with Hiroshima Nagasaki only 2 months away and the Japanese largely engaged by American forces ?
Yours prattishly etc
Slavers
[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:26]

you replied to a post which said "we had an election in wwII" with:

"Sorry but you are wrong, elections in 1935 and 45 but not 40. VE day was May 8th, election in June. "

june 1945 was during wwII. nothing more needs to be said.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:33 - May 24 with 1856 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:27 - May 24 by lowhouseblue

you replied to a post which said "we had an election in wwII" with:

"Sorry but you are wrong, elections in 1935 and 45 but not 40. VE day was May 8th, election in June. "

june 1945 was during wwII. nothing more needs to be said.

I find myself in the odd position of defending Banksy.

Although you are factually correct I think what he means is we didn't have an election whilst we were fighting in two hemispheres. Even though one was due.

I doubt the election would have been held in 1945 had we still been at war in Europe.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:41]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 11:45 - May 24 with 1821 viewsPinewoodblue

The french declared a state of emergency over a year ago currently runs until July and new President is looking to extend it to November. Guess that is the french equivalent.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 11:59 - May 24 with 1805 viewsgiant_stow

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 11:45 - May 24 by Pinewoodblue

The french declared a state of emergency over a year ago currently runs until July and new President is looking to extend it to November. Guess that is the french equivalent.

Its become semi permanent - hope our version doesn't stay too long - bad for morale.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 23:19 - May 24 with 1752 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 10:33 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

I find myself in the odd position of defending Banksy.

Although you are factually correct I think what he means is we didn't have an election whilst we were fighting in two hemispheres. Even though one was due.

I doubt the election would have been held in 1945 had we still been at war in Europe.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:41]

Can you have a free and fair general election in this atmosphere..... on 23:30 - May 24 with 1748 viewsvapour_trail

No.

But then we never have a free and fair general election, so if we are judging by precedent, I don't see a problem.

May was undeniably under the cosh before the Manchester attack and will be less so when they get back to BAU. So that's not fair, but that's life. Hopefully her strategists aren't factoring that in, but I doubt it.

We crack on.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024