Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Joe Garner then. 12:23 - May 24 with 9310 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone know anything about him beyond what the EADT have put in their article?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-transfer-rumour-blues-ready-to-make-500

Rangers payed £1.4m and we are reputed to be ready to pay £500K. Would that make him a bargain? Or reflect that he hasn't done so well up there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So, Joe Garner then. on 02:48 - May 25 with 2264 viewsJimmy86

He's certainly got that bit of tenacious bite that Mick likes in a player. Whenever I've seen him play he has behaved like a petulant child, when decisions don't quite go his way.

He gets very hot headed and likes moaning at the ref and is the 1 player I've seen at Portman Road, where if you can wind him up, completely loses his head.

Good in the air and his work rate is top notch, but a red card waiting to happen, as he likes to jump with his arms flailing
So, Joe Garner then. on 05:04 - May 25 with 2245 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I spent ages saying we should sign him up until his move to rangers

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So, Joe Garner then. on 10:17 - May 25 with 2200 viewsPilgrimblue

So, Joe Garner then. on 05:04 - May 25 by The_Romford_Blue

I spent ages saying we should sign him up until his move to rangers

I think we're two years too late for him and guess this is another on MM "armchair" list ie he doesn't have to do much to sign him. MM needs to widen his search outside UK to Spanish div 2 for example.
So, Joe Garner then. on 22:59 - Jun 11 with 2107 viewspnecha

So, Joe Garner then. on 17:25 - May 24 by itfcinwales

Didnt he also smash one in on the volley from near enough the half way line in the league one playoffs a couple of years ago

That was Beckford a year later.
So, Joe Garner then. on 23:12 - Jun 11 with 2093 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So, Joe Garner then. on 10:17 - May 25 by Pilgrimblue

I think we're two years too late for him and guess this is another on MM "armchair" list ie he doesn't have to do much to sign him. MM needs to widen his search outside UK to Spanish div 2 for example.

In the last year/2 years, we've signed someone directly from Poland, Australia, Denmark and Mauritius.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So, Joe Garner then. on 10:06 - Jun 12 with 2031 viewsitfcjoe

So, Joe Garner then. on 10:17 - May 25 by Pilgrimblue

The problem isn't the list of players we sign - it's that we have to wait for them to fall in our laps at a knockdown price.

We'd have been wanting Garner last year, but blown out of the water at £1.4m - the same with Enyr Huws......we know all the players we like we just have to wait until they go into the sales!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, Joe Garner then. on 10:09 - Jun 12 with 2024 viewsitfcjoe

So, Joe Garner then. on 23:12 - Jun 11 by The_Romford_Blue

In the last year/2 years, we've signed someone directly from Poland, Australia, Denmark and Mauritius.

Kevin Bru turning up on a trial (and bearing in mind he is French in reality) is hardly a direct signing from Mauritius.

Same with Tommy oar who'd been in the Dutch league

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, Joe Garner then. on 10:11 - Jun 12 with 2024 viewshype313

So, Joe Garner then. on 15:32 - May 24 by pnecha

Garner is a PNE legend for all his goals and antics in League 1 with us. He is a magnificent striker at that level who is easily capable of 25-30 goals. He is also dirty and a leader and a real pain to play against.

However, he probably just wasn't good enough for the Championship. The service wasn't as good but he wasn't getting the better of the defenders a level up from League 1. His diving/dirty antics just started to look pathetic and a bit desperate because he was rarely scoring. He scored 6, and 2 of them were pens, 2 of them headers from corners. He played nearly all the games yet only scored 2 from open play, so wasn't really a goal threat at all sadly.

Added to his poor Championship record with other clubs, and it does suggest he's not good enough. Hugill, whilst worse technically, has outshone him since we sold him and is faster, stronger, and a greater goal threat even though he isn't particularly clinical.

I could see this one happening as there are rumours at our end that he isn't very happy at Rangers and may be available, and you've been rumoured to have been interested in the past too.

You'll be getting a fighter/warrior if he joins, but don't expect many goals.

Cheers, hopefully he will work out, but to spend half a million quid on a guy to not expect to get many goals is a concern.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

So, Joe Garner then. on 11:46 - Jun 12 with 1988 viewsrickw

We had our best season of recent years when we had players like Tabb and Anderson in - players with very limited ability but great workrate.

You can have these sort or players in your team as long as you have a balance with more technical players able to expose the space created by the workhorses - perhaps last season this is the sort of player we lacked?

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

So, Joe Garner then. on 11:50 - Jun 12 with 1984 viewsm14_blue

I used to live in Preston and saw a lot of him. Horrible to play against, think a league one Diego Costa. Physical but goes down easily, in the ref's ear all game. In short, the kind of player we haven't had since Stephen Hunt.

Goals dried up when PNE came up to the championship but I think he'll do ok for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024