Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anybody genuinely see any real difference between... 13:44 - May 24 with 11514 viewsRoyKeanesDog

IRA members committing acts of terrorism in name of their religion, and ISIS members committing acts of terrorism in the name of their religion?

Thankfully I am too young to remember the IRA attacks, but I have grown up with ISIS and other Muslim extremists, and I am able to appreciate that they do not represent the religion.

It may help me that I have grown up with Muslims, and lived in cosmopolitan cities so I can see how the Muslim community live their life in peace, and accommodate to our community.

Poll: Best Football Song

Does anybody genuinely see any real difference between... on 09:36 - May 25 with 537 viewsRadlett_blue

Does anybody genuinely see any real difference between... on 00:21 - May 25 by Lamp

I would agree with that. But I would also say the IRA was nothing more than a fringe group until Bloody Sunday. That still doesn't justify what happened afterwards but was probably a cause in the shift from Catholics welcoming the British Army.

(Not Callis just an interested observer)
[Post edited 25 May 2017 0:23]

Correct. The troops were initially sent to Northern Ireland to protect the Catholic minority form Protestants, who in some cases were burning them out of their homes. They were initially welcomed by the Catholics. By 1969, the IRA had become a shadow of its former self, with the leadership veering towards Communism.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Does anybody genuinely see any real difference between... on 09:38 - May 25 with 534 viewsNo9

Does anybody genuinely see any real difference between... on 09:34 - May 25 by unbelievablue

That does point to a more political causation than religious.

Although I lean toward that thinking I am not entirely sure.
It is very complex
Does anybody genuinely see any real difference between... on 09:39 - May 25 with 532 viewsunbelievablue

Does anybody genuinely see any real difference between... on 09:38 - May 25 by No9

Although I lean toward that thinking I am not entirely sure.
It is very complex

Agreed.

Conflicts also morph over time.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024