Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. 18:29 - May 24 with 3094 viewsRadlett_blue

He will be 37 when that deal ends.
PL wages continue to go through the roof.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 18:45 - May 24 with 3055 viewsJ2BLUE

I wonder if Redknapp had any advisory role in this...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 18:47 - May 24 with 3049 viewsDennyx4

From what I understand Bournemouth should receive close to £120m for finishing 9th this year, so under 20% of their TV revenue for this year.

Also Bournemouth will now receive 3 years parachute payments minimum, when they come down as have survived for 2 seasons. believe that is close to £100m.

Defoe is a good player, but nowhere near worth that amount of money - but fair play to him.

He has managed to get a release clause, that allows him to pick up what would likely to have been a transfer fee paid to Sunderland, paid to him in wages.
Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 18:57 - May 24 with 2981 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 18:47 - May 24 by Dennyx4

From what I understand Bournemouth should receive close to £120m for finishing 9th this year, so under 20% of their TV revenue for this year.

Also Bournemouth will now receive 3 years parachute payments minimum, when they come down as have survived for 2 seasons. believe that is close to £100m.

Defoe is a good player, but nowhere near worth that amount of money - but fair play to him.

He has managed to get a release clause, that allows him to pick up what would likely to have been a transfer fee paid to Sunderland, paid to him in wages.

Given there's no transfer fee, Defoe probably has a couple of years left in him, and the money is now ridiculous it seems a decent deal to me.
Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:09 - May 24 with 2926 viewsblue_oyster

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 18:47 - May 24 by Dennyx4

It's hardly 'fair play' when a player and their agent are displaying greed that most people in the world agree is wrong is it?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:16 - May 24 with 2896 viewsgiant_stow

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 18:57 - May 24 by PrideOfTheEast

Given there's no transfer fee, Defoe probably has a couple of years left in him, and the money is now ridiculous it seems a decent deal to me.

Most likely a minimum of 10 goals each of those seasons. My beloved paid £16m on 2 players, not counting wages and didn't get that

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:19 - May 24 with 2869 viewsJ2BLUE

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:16 - May 24 by giant_stow

Most likely a minimum of 10 goals each of those seasons. My beloved paid £16m on 2 players, not counting wages and didn't get that

Town have never spent £16m?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:20 - May 24 with 2862 viewsgiant_stow

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:19 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Town have never spent £16m?

Don't be mean.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:21 - May 24 with 2861 viewsDennyx4

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:09 - May 24 by blue_oyster

It's hardly 'fair play' when a player and their agent are displaying greed that most people in the world agree is wrong is it?

Fair play to him, for getting that deal - managed to negotiate a great contract, but in all reality - Is this deal in total value that out of kilter with any other England International moving club in their 30's?

Professional sport is so far removed from "Most people" too.

Be interesting to see what kind of deal Rooney or Terry get if they sign for another Premier League club.

The deal will have screwed Sunderland, more than Bournemouth.
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:22 - May 24 with 2854 viewsWD19

I'm slightly doubtful it is that much to be honest. Only a day ago there was talk of him signing a £60k a week deal, now it is £130k. That is quite a hike.

Personal guess would be the deal is only worth that much if they include all potential bonuses and/or roll in the signing on fee.

Still good work if you can get it mind.
Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:29 - May 24 with 2822 viewsfactual_blue

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:16 - May 24 by giant_stow

But you did get this sublime piece of football......

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:44 - May 24 with 2767 viewsblue_oyster

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 19:21 - May 24 by Dennyx4

Fair play to him, for getting that deal - managed to negotiate a great contract, but in all reality - Is this deal in total value that out of kilter with any other England International moving club in their 30's?

Professional sport is so far removed from "Most people" too.

Be interesting to see what kind of deal Rooney or Terry get if they sign for another Premier League club.

The deal will have screwed Sunderland, more than Bournemouth.

I can't think of many more stupid excuses for greed than comparing it to more greed. But well done.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 21:45 - May 24 with 2534 viewsbournemouthblue

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 18:45 - May 24 by J2BLUE

I wonder if Redknapp had any advisory role in this...

All they need is Crouchie and the job is complete

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 22:30 - May 24 with 2437 viewsMelford

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 21:45 - May 24 by bournemouthblue

All they need is Crouchie and the job is complete

He's off to Brum, Niko kranjcar, Crouchie, Chris Samba. Triffic.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bournemouth commit to pay Jermaine Defoe £20m over 3 years. on 23:05 - May 24 with 2361 viewsSonOfSpock

It's a short career,he needs enough to eek out some pension money in later life...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024