Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dont hate on me but... 20:20 - May 24 with 2682 viewsEABlue

I'd gladly see Alex Bruce, Darren Bent or Daryl Murphy back here. proven championship players and the state were in we need to look to sign players to survive not to push for play offs. please don't give me to much hate!

EDIT: what I meant is the way marcus isn't investing enough, these guys won't cost a fortune.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 20:21]
Alex Bruce was crap when he was good. (n/t) on 20:22 - May 24 with 2668 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Dont hate on me but... on 20:31 - May 24 with 2620 viewsTractorWood

Murphy is a small step forward in the short term but a massive step backwards if we are serious about sorting the squad out. Could even extend that to Bent.

All will be on big wages.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Dont hate on me but... on 20:35 - May 24 with 2605 viewsMullet

Dont hate on me but... on 20:31 - May 24 by TractorWood

Murphy is a small step forward in the short term but a massive step backwards if we are serious about sorting the squad out. Could even extend that to Bent.

All will be on big wages.

Isn't Bent on a free or did I imagine that?

I just don't see how we benefit from any of these signings. Huge expectations on Murphy and Bent if either came back and the sense of no real idea what to do from the club.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dont hate on me but... on 20:45 - May 24 with 2565 viewsBluefish

Dont hate on me but... on 20:35 - May 24 by Mullet

I just don't see how we benefit from any of these signings. Huge expectations on Murphy and Bent if either came back and the sense of no real idea what to do from the club.

Should be, derby wanted to release him but he got a automatic extension. Sam Rush was sacked because of it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dont hate on me but... on 20:45 - May 24 with 2562 viewsCoastalblue

Dont hate on me but... on 20:35 - May 24 by Mullet

I wouldn't be against Bent coming back if he was to be a squad player and finish up his career here, I still think he could offer us something.
The trouble is he'd probably be the equivalent of a marquee signing for us, and that would be an issue.

It wasn't until I thought about it that I realised it was 12 years ago he left! 12 years? WTF?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Dont hate on me but... on 20:50 - May 24 with 2541 viewsMullet

Dont hate on me but... on 20:45 - May 24 by Coastalblue

I wouldn't be against Bent coming back if he was to be a squad player and finish up his career here, I still think he could offer us something.
The trouble is he'd probably be the equivalent of a marquee signing for us, and that would be an issue.

It wasn't until I thought about it that I realised it was 12 years ago he left! 12 years? WTF?

I remember walking out of the Churchmans after he'd scored a decent goal and he was standing there with a girlfriend or whatever. He seemed such an awkward teenager and that's probably my abiding memory/view of him to this day.

The fact he's a grizzled old pro now just doesn't compute.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dont hate on me but... on 21:12 - May 24 with 2466 viewsstonojnr

I may have tried to block the Keane era out of my mind, but I dont recall ever thinking Alex Bruce was in anyway a proven championship player, it was Steve Bruces link with Keane how he turned up here in the first place wasnt it.

Murphy, I think we are just blaming our poor season on his absence, when I dont think from what we saw of him this season, brief though it was, he'd have done any more than a McGoldrick, maybe even Pitman.

Bent, I think Bents always struggled because you have to build a team around him in a way football teams dont get built around players anymore, not at this level anyway, he's never going to offer you anything else on the pitch, you have to create the chances for him and yes he'll knock most of them in, always had a flaw in one on ones, but we arent a team that creates chances
Dont hate on me but... on 21:16 - May 24 with 2445 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd happily take Bruce as a back up utility player if the wages were right. Can't see how he'd command big money. He's probably better than the random trialist we'll end up signing and then not playing.

Murphy would be a good signing only if MM has one last season here to get us up. I don't see how we could get better in those circumstances. Can't see him wanting to come back though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Dont hate on me but... on 21:25 - May 24 with 2414 viewsGlasgowBlue

Dont hate on me but... on 20:45 - May 24 by Bluefish

Should be, derby wanted to release him but he got a automatic extension. Sam Rush was sacked because of it

After seeing your penalty I think you may be in with a shout of making the squad.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 21:25]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Dont hate on me but... on 00:08 - May 25 with 2247 viewsHARRY10

Hate on you ?

What manner of strange mumbo jumbo is that ?

Perhaps you meant 'don't hate me'
Dont hate on me but... on 00:39 - May 25 with 2226 viewsSarge

Dont hate on me but... on 21:12 - May 24 by stonojnr

I may have tried to block the Keane era out of my mind, but I dont recall ever thinking Alex Bruce was in anyway a proven championship player, it was Steve Bruces link with Keane how he turned up here in the first place wasnt it.

Murphy, I think we are just blaming our poor season on his absence, when I dont think from what we saw of him this season, brief though it was, he'd have done any more than a McGoldrick, maybe even Pitman.

Bent, I think Bents always struggled because you have to build a team around him in a way football teams dont get built around players anymore, not at this level anyway, he's never going to offer you anything else on the pitch, you have to create the chances for him and yes he'll knock most of them in, always had a flaw in one on ones, but we arent a team that creates chances

Bruce joined in 2006
Dont hate on me but... on 12:18 - May 25 with 2034 viewsKeaneish

I'd like to see Bent back. It would give me optimisim if nothing else knowing we have someone prolific in the squad.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dont hate on me but... on 12:20 - May 25 with 2029 viewsGeoffSentence

Dont hate on me but... on 21:12 - May 24 by stonojnr

Alex Bruce's finest hour was tw@tting Stephen Bywater.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 12:24 - May 25 with 2022 views_

Dont hate on me but... on 12:31 - May 25 with 2004 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I wouldn't mind seeing Mr Bent come back as I would fancy him to convert a lot of chances created over the course of a season. There is no chance that we could afford his wages though so unless he was willing to take a serious pay cut I cant see it happening unfortunately.

Murphy wouldn't come back now, that was fairly evident in his recent interview IMO. He still looked fairly decent when he came down here with Newcastle but would only be good maybe for one more season so think we need to perhaps move on from him.

As for Bruce, I only really remember him for red cards, giving away penalties and being sick in the tunnel before a game so I think we could do a lot better, there are some decent defenders out there, especially in the lower leagues that I would rather see us sign.

So not going to hate, 1 out of 3 isn't bad

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024