Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up 21:04 - May 24 with 7528 viewsElderGrizzly

[Post edited 24 May 2017 21:09]
Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 09:13 - May 25 with 1515 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 21:35 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Isn't the £60 million what we would have had to pay had we stayed in based on our commitments? So it wouldn't be free.

We are leaving the EU. We are not distancing ourselves from anybody. We are not part of the USA but have been a close ally in combating terror over the years.

It's a shame you using this thread for a bit of Brexit bashing.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 21:35]

Existing commitments are only part of the exit bill (~£60bn, sorry I missed typed million above). I make no apologies for thinking that the 'extra' elements of money could be used to fund services that are obviously struggling and stretched to the limit. Our close ties with the USA are part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place. Closer ties with a more distant nation ruled by a nutcase doesn't fill me with much confidence.

We've got be be very careful here. When you've got the head of Europol, ex government ministers, head of EU security (a Brit, before anyone starts the normal xenophobic Euro-bashing), a former chair of the Joint Intelligence Committee all saying Brexit offers huge challenges to maintaining good security, we should be listening.

In her A50 letter may admits that if negotiations break down "a failure to reach agreement would mean our cooperation in the fight against crime and terrorism would be weakened." https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/prime-ministers-letter-to-donald-tusk
Yet she very much leaves the threat of 'no deal' hanging in the air.

Then we've got Rudd also threatening the EU by saying "We are the largest contributor to Europol, so if we left Europol ... then we would take our information - this is in the legislation - with us," - childish in the extreme, 'we're taking our ball away'. http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-europol-idUKKBN1702DK

The government are using our security situation as at best a bargaining chip, and at worse what amounts to blackmail, to get a better deal. To be seen as 'strong and stable'. The ones playing politics with our country's safety here are those in the current government, not me.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 10:39]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 10:12 - May 25 with 1491 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 21:32 - May 24 by J2BLUE

There's absolutely no reason why we can't be close allies with the EU without being part of the EU. We're not going to suddenly start withholding intelligence info etc.

See my post above in response to Glasser's. I'd like to think you're right and we will eventually come to a compromise and work with our neighbours.

But our Home Secretary is threatening to do just that - withhold intelligence and stop sharing security information with the EU through Europol.

And now we have stopped sharing information with the US, it seems her threats may not be hollow.

We seem determined to go it alone against the advice of most people with experience in this field.

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 10:14 - May 25 with 1490 viewsunbelievablue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 21:49 - May 24 by ElderGrizzly

He's meant to be a 'comedian' and happens to be one of Labour's biggest supporters.

He's basically trying to politicise a tragedy to his Momentum followers.

What do you mean "one of Labour's biggest supporters"?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 10:17 - May 25 with 1485 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 21:33 - May 24 by Guthrum

Also begs the question of why Theresa May would stage a risky event like that (potentially disastrous if word ever got out) when everything indicates she's going to win the election anyway.

Suggest the timing has a lot more to do with what's happening in Syria and Iraq (where IS are making their last stand) than here in the UK.

And unless you've got every suspect, however minor, under 24-hour surveillance, then there's always the danger that you'll lose track of them and things might happen.

I imagine it's very hard to keep track. It looks like there's a bit of a storm brewing over this chap though, with more information now being released about how there were lots of warning signs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/24/security-services-missed-five-opportu

Hopefully it won't turn into a security service witch hunt, but rather they'll learn what they can from it and find ways to improve monitoring in the future.

on 10:23 - May 25 with 1484 views_

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 10:38 - May 25 with 1461 viewsm14_blue

on 10:23 - May 25 by _

You don't think it's beyond our government to murder their own people for political gain? I don't know, maybe I'm naive but I absolutely, fundamentally and wholeheartedly disagree with this.

Spot on about the timing of Hound's tweet, grossly insensitive.
Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 10:42 - May 25 with 1451 viewscaught-in-limbo

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 07:39 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

I really have no words.

In your first example you have quoted me saying we should take action against IS, with no mention of The Syrian government, to demonstrate I have suggested we take military action against the Syrian government.

On your second point, you have taken a quote i used from Jo Cox in reply to somebody talking about military action we have engaged in over the years to claim I am using the Manchester bombing to call for military action against the Syrian government.

You are either unable to read posts correctly or you are wilfully twisting the facts. If it's the latter then you should be ashamed.

It looks like I'm going to have to hold up my hands and apologise over this one.

When you said "...It's seems just as relevant this morning. It was with regards to whether a military solution in its own would end the attacks, which I don't believe it would ... Indeed it's a complex situation but ISIS must be militarily defeated in the territories it currently holds." I understood that to mean you thought military action in Syria was necessary.

Then in your very next post, when you said "with regards to military intervention, I always return to the words of the late Jo Cox and Andrew Mitchel in the their joint plan for Syria: "Some may think that a military component has no place in an ethical response to Syria. We completely disagree. It is not ethical to wish away the barrel bombs from the Syrian government when you have the capacity to stop them. The deaths and fear generated by these indiscriminate air attacks are the main drivers of the refugee crisis in Europe..."

Here I made the mistake of conflating the words "military solution" and "militarily defeated" with the words "military intervention" and the subsequent example you always give which was Jo Cox's explanation of what military intervention means in Syria - the need to remove Assad for being a supposed driver of the refugee crisis in Europe.

I wil endeavour never to link the terms military solution and military intervention again, especially when the terms are used by the same poster in successive posts on the same page of the same thread.

I hang my head in shame.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

on 10:44 - May 25 with 1451 views_

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 10:38 - May 25 by m14_blue

You don't think it's beyond our government to murder their own people for political gain? I don't know, maybe I'm naive but I absolutely, fundamentally and wholeheartedly disagree with this.

Login to get fewer ads

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 10:59 - May 25 with 1440 viewsDolly2.0

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 10:38 - May 25 by m14_blue

With all the rumours about 911 being an inside job, can anyone really put their hand on their heart and say 100% this couldn't happen? I don't believe it before anyone jumps on me, but I can't say 100% that it's beyond the realms of possibility.

Many have said in the past that Thatcher went to war in the Falklands to save her political career - and it worked.

I would like to reiterate I don't believe this to be happening here and I think Rufus Hound is wrong. But I don't think he should lose his career, as Glassers has suggested, for having an opinion.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:04 - May 25 with 1429 viewscaught-in-limbo

Winston Churchill, for many people our greatest ever leader :

However, it seems that here in TWTDLand it is ludicrous to suggest that our leaders might not always be telling the truth and to doubt their word at any time is the stuff of crazy conspiracy theorists.

#toxic

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 11:07 - May 25 with 1421 viewsDolly2.0

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 23:31 - May 24 by ElderGrizzly

I started this thread to talk about what this moron said, i didn't start it to have a pop at you 🙄

I wasn't getting hysterical about any of it, i deal with it regularly and the attack on a mosque, where someone firebombed their door just after an attack in Manchester, was just that. An attack and confirmed by the Police today as a hate crime.

I pluralised it because there were more than one. As i said colleagues had been in Manchester all day and this wasn't isolated. Not every attack is reported in the media.

Your response to that was "A door was burned. No one was injured but they might need a new door."

Take my comments in context too perhaps....

But as i said in that thread yesterday, the focus should be on helping those in need and catching those potentially involved. That's a productive day so far on the latter

I don't see the point of your first line. I haven't suggested you started this thread to have a pop at me.

Confirmed today as a hate crime - but not yesterday when you were excitedly calling it one of several revenge attacks before we had any proof.

If there are other attacks that aren't reported in the media, how do you expect me to know about them?

As I've repeated several terms, I urged caution in reporting this as a revenge attack. No need to stoke the fires (no pun intended) and help escalate things.

If you just wanted to focus on helping those in need and catching those potentially involved then there was no need to post Rufus Hound's ill thought out tweet, because it has nothing to do with your 'focus'.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:08 - May 25 with 1421 viewsunbelievablue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:04 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

However, it seems that here in TWTDLand it is ludicrous to suggest that our leaders might not always be telling the truth and to doubt their word at any time is the stuff of crazy conspiracy theorists.

We're going to disagree here, but it's quite a jump from a quote like that to a Govt. attacking it's own people.

Politicians lie and deceive, that's patently obvious.

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:08 - May 25 with 1420 viewsbaxterbasics

It's like the Falklands again - there were idiots back then suggesting the invasion had been somehow engineered by Thatcher to give her a popular war. Which would have been a very risky strategy given most of her military advisers were telling her it couldn't be won.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

on 11:10 - May 25 with 1410 views_

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:08 - May 25 by baxterbasics

It's like the Falklands again - there were idiots back then suggesting the invasion had been somehow engineered by Thatcher to give her a popular war. Which would have been a very risky strategy given most of her military advisers were telling her it couldn't be won.

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:15 - May 25 with 1400 viewscaught-in-limbo

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:08 - May 25 by unbelievablue

We're going to disagree here, but it's quite a jump from a quote like that to a Govt. attacking it's own people.

Politicians lie and deceive, that's patently obvious.

I think that when Churchill made that quote about lying, he was talking about lies of a greater significance than misleading the people about the colour of his underpants.

#toxic

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 11:16 - May 25 with 1397 viewsBluesquid

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 21:11 - May 24 by ElderGrizzly

It's just pathetic. It's Daily Mail level f*ckwittery

And he's trying to defend it now my comparing it to cuts in the NHS and benefits

That last tweet - "But we're being governed by people who start wars and bomb innocents and whose austerity is killing our brothers and sisters."

Spot on.
Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:18 - May 25 with 1394 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 10:59 - May 25 by Dolly2.0

With all the rumours about 911 being an inside job, can anyone really put their hand on their heart and say 100% this couldn't happen? I don't believe it before anyone jumps on me, but I can't say 100% that it's beyond the realms of possibility.

Many have said in the past that Thatcher went to war in the Falklands to save her political career - and it worked.

I would like to reiterate I don't believe this to be happening here and I think Rufus Hound is wrong. But I don't think he should lose his career, as Glassers has suggested, for having an opinion.

Yes I can. I don't believe that our government, whether it be lead by May, Corbyn or Farron is possible of killing 22 innocent people at a concert in order to gain favour in the polls.

I also believe that anyone who believes this are is extremely warped.

And Thatcher went to war in the Falklands because British terrirotory, inhabited by British subjects, had been invaded by a foreign country.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 11:22]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 11:19 - May 25 with 1390 viewsunbelievablue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron on 11:16 - May 25 by Bluesquid

That last tweet - "But we're being governed by people who start wars and bomb innocents and whose austerity is killing our brothers and sisters."

Spot on.

Classic non-sequitur though.

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:22 - May 25 with 1378 viewsunbelievablue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:15 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

I think that when Churchill made that quote about lying, he was talking about lies of a greater significance than misleading the people about the colour of his underpants.

Yep, obviously.

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:24 - May 25 with 1376 viewslowhouseblue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:15 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

gosh, so what do you think the lie is on this occasion? or are you just going for dark hints?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:27 - May 25 with 1362 viewscaught-in-limbo

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:24 - May 25 by lowhouseblue

gosh, so what do you think the lie is on this occasion? or are you just going for dark hints?

I think it's something to do with ALIENS!!!!!!!!

#toxic

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:28 - May 25 with 1358 viewsusm

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 10:59 - May 25 by Dolly2.0

Try not to make yourself look more of a plonker than you already have Dolly.

Ohh............

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:32 - May 25 with 1350 viewsusm

on 10:23 - May 25 by _

"I also don't think it's beyond our government to do such a thing"

I hope youre on the wind up, just think before you type - someone on here knows of someone killed in the incident - they really dont want to read your crap.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:33 - May 25 with 1348 viewslowhouseblue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:27 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

I think it's something to do with ALIENS!!!!!!!!

now I don't think that's a serious answer.

can you see that, when discussing this topic, saying that the government tell lies but not being prepared to specify what you think the lie is, is rather slippery?

but, at the same time, can I congratulate you since this is possibly the first terrorist event I can remember when you haven't gone down the route of trying to rubbish what has been reported.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:33 - May 25 with 1345 viewsm14_blue

Rufus Hound is f**king moron - implying Manchester was a Govt set-up on 11:04 - May 25 by caught-in-limbo

I don't think it's ludicrous to suggest that at all and I'm far from an apologist for the establishment.

I do think it's ludicrous to suggest (not that you have) that the government instigated mass murder at a pop concert because they had slipped to a 9 point lead in the polls.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024