Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trial 23:16 - May 24 with 2095 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone been watching it this week?

Last episode tomorrow.

Guilty?

It's a no from me.

The QC is brilliant. Can see why he's thought of as the best in the Uk.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The Trial on 23:48 - May 24 with 2068 viewsRyorry

The focus on the jury is excellent - but basically, I'm finding it ridiculous - all the evidence is completely circumstantial as far as I can see. There's no hard evidence, it's all conjecture and speculation. No one's mentioned "reasonable doubt', maybe because there are so many bucketloads of it that they're ignoring the bleedin obvious! Don't see how anyone could possibly come up with a 'guilty' verdict on that evidence in reality, I doubt the CPS would even have taken it to court in real life.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Trial on 00:01 - May 26 with 1979 viewsRyorry

Would still have ben wrong to convict him on that "evidence" which was presented.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Trial on 00:22 - May 26 with 1967 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The Trial on 00:01 - May 26 by Ryorry

Would still have ben wrong to convict him on that "evidence" which was presented.

Agreed

Those real people who were jurors will watch that and think they made the wrong decision... despite it being a fake case and they seemingly made the right call based on the evidence provided

Not sure that's a particularly good thing

The Trial on 13:22 - May 26 with 1931 viewsstrikalite

The Trial on 00:22 - May 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Agreed

Those real people who were jurors will watch that and think they made the wrong decision... despite it being a fake case and they seemingly made the right call based on the evidence provided

Not sure that's a particularly good thing

Yep, watched it and agree that there simply wasn't enough evidence, gut instinct certainly isn't enough...

Bit of a bitch imo, though he loved her and wanted her so for me the way in which he killed her was a bit far fetched...
The Trial on 16:46 - May 26 with 1890 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The Trial on 13:22 - May 26 by strikalite

Yep, watched it and agree that there simply wasn't enough evidence, gut instinct certainly isn't enough...

Bit of a bitch imo, though he loved her and wanted her so for me the way in which he killed her was a bit far fetched...

I didn't think it made two of the jurors come across very well.

The old woman and the one who had been sexually abused as a child and the bloke didn't get convicted. Them two women had made their minds up straight from the beginning and went on instinct. Even though it was right this time, that's absolutely NOT how to be on a case as a juror.

The Trial on 17:39 - May 26 with 1869 viewsstrikalite

The Trial on 16:46 - May 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I didn't think it made two of the jurors come across very well.

The old woman and the one who had been sexually abused as a child and the bloke didn't get convicted. Them two women had made their minds up straight from the beginning and went on instinct. Even though it was right this time, that's absolutely NOT how to be on a case as a juror.

Yep, you have to have a totally open mind and be prepared to change your mind if need be, there just wasn't enough evidence, I'd have said not guilty purely on the facts, just show's you I guess..

How's you Rommy? Recovering from your op ok?
The Trial on 17:56 - May 26 with 1859 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The Trial on 17:39 - May 26 by strikalite

Yep, you have to have a totally open mind and be prepared to change your mind if need be, there just wasn't enough evidence, I'd have said not guilty purely on the facts, just show's you I guess..

How's you Rommy? Recovering from your op ok?

I'd have said not guilty based on the evidence provided as well.

Not too bad buh. Splint came off Wednesday and surgeon seemed happy. He told me that the reason my op took two hours was that there had been previous 'complications' from the other surgeons failed attempts. But the lump has gone. I gently felt it earlier and it's still a bit sore - the bone is very soft.

I worked out earlier that, with two big horse racing meetings (The Derby next week and Royal Ascot at the end of June) on the next 4 Saturdays, If I target July 1st as my cricketing return, I'd be happy with that. Which would be 6 weeks from the surgery. He'd said 2 months but if it's feeling alright, I'll play on July 1st.

That's the plan.

Cheers for asking

The Trial on 18:13 - May 26 with 1848 viewsstrikalite

The Trial on 17:56 - May 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I'd have said not guilty based on the evidence provided as well.

Not too bad buh. Splint came off Wednesday and surgeon seemed happy. He told me that the reason my op took two hours was that there had been previous 'complications' from the other surgeons failed attempts. But the lump has gone. I gently felt it earlier and it's still a bit sore - the bone is very soft.

I worked out earlier that, with two big horse racing meetings (The Derby next week and Royal Ascot at the end of June) on the next 4 Saturdays, If I target July 1st as my cricketing return, I'd be happy with that. Which would be 6 weeks from the surgery. He'd said 2 months but if it's feeling alright, I'll play on July 1st.

That's the plan.

Cheers for asking

Good stuff mate..

My boss at work showed me a bet his son had prior to the season, he selected the four League winners and Italian and German league winners too, maybe another can't be sure, £60 stake, returned £21,500!

Not bad eh,

Git :)
Login to get fewer ads

The Trial on 18:45 - May 26 with 1827 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The Trial on 18:13 - May 26 by strikalite

Good stuff mate..

My boss at work showed me a bet his son had prior to the season, he selected the four League winners and Italian and German league winners too, maybe another can't be sure, £60 stake, returned £21,500!

Not bad eh,

Git :)

Blimey

When your lucks in, it's in buh
[Post edited 26 May 2017 18:45]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024