Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police and the army 08:36 - May 25 with 3330 viewsDurovigutum

Via a friends Facebook post.

.Just to make non police friends aware, "increasing police levels", means they've cancelled all leave and days off for existing rank and file officers, and make them work 14+ hour days 7 days a week. You can't actually increase police levels without employing more police, as opposed to making millions of pounds of cuts and decreasing the police by 22,000, which is what Theresa May did as Home Secretary. That's the real reason we need to deploy the army to do the police's job, because they've been stripped to a dangerously low level. I worked for the Met under Labour and Tory, and trust me, this rot started when she was Home Secretary.
Thinking of all my old colleagues who won't see their kids this half term, don't get a holiday, and are working hours and hours in the hot sun with no breaks, for xxxx money, and towards a xxxx pension which they'll be dead by the time they can claim, due to May
Police and the army on 08:45 - May 25 with 2556 viewsNo9

You are correct Mrs May cut the police force to the point - where I live at least- is ineffective.
She also cut the numbers of border guards labour put in place.
On the radio this week a security bod said the military will have to do the job the police are supposed to do, in Manchester, = patrolling the streets, for some time.
Police and the army on 08:58 - May 25 with 2528 viewsconnorscontract

Of course, this won't have crossed May's mind, but how well does she think troops on the streets is going to go down in Northern Ireland?

That's a Northern Ireland where the Power Sharing Government has broken down completely, and where there is considerable tension over what a hard Brexit will mean for the open border with the South, another key part of the Good Friday agreement.

So within the space of 2 years we could have seen: Power Sharing over (which means Nationalist parties will have no say in the running of the PSNI), troops on the streets and a closed border. We know what that will lead to...

Cameron and May's austerity legacy continues to grow.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 9:01]
Police and the army on 09:06 - May 25 with 2481 viewsbazza

Still enough of them spare to sit in lay-bys catching out unsuspecting drivers on their way to work.....
Police and the army on 09:08 - May 25 with 2468 viewsnoggin

Police and the army on 09:06 - May 25 by bazza

Still enough of them spare to sit in lay-bys catching out unsuspecting drivers on their way to work.....

Considering the number of deaths caused directly by speeding, you should be thankful.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Police and the army on 09:12 - May 25 with 2438 viewsbazza

Police and the army on 09:08 - May 25 by noggin

Considering the number of deaths caused directly by speeding, you should be thankful.

Most deaths are caused on country lanes... never seen them sitting on country lanes.. just on slip roads and round about...
Police and the army on 09:14 - May 25 with 2421 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Do you need to pay police 40 to 50 grand a year to do that though? I could staff that with 2 people for £30 an hour on a zero hour contract basis
Police and the army on 09:14 - May 25 with 2417 viewsfactual_blue

At around 1800 road deaths a year (2015 figures), it looks a sensible use of their time. And I don't think 'unsuspecting' is the word to describe speeding drivers. 'Stupid' is the correct word.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Police and the army on 09:15 - May 25 with 2408 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

BTW, the last Lab government cut more police than the Tories have since 2010
Login to get fewer ads

Police and the army on 09:17 - May 25 with 2398 viewstaximan

their pensions are anything but sh1t

as for working long hours etc, welcome to my world (without the massive pension)
Police and the army on 09:19 - May 25 with 2390 viewsbazza

Police and the army on 09:14 - May 25 by factual_blue

At around 1800 road deaths a year (2015 figures), it looks a sensible use of their time. And I don't think 'unsuspecting' is the word to describe speeding drivers. 'Stupid' is the correct word.

Never once said speeding... just making the point they sit their waiting. Doing nothing. Sometimes two in Car.. what a waste of valuable police resources.
Police and the army on 09:19 - May 25 with 2379 viewsnoggin

Police and the army on 09:14 - May 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

Do you need to pay police 40 to 50 grand a year to do that though? I could staff that with 2 people for £30 an hour on a zero hour contract basis

I don't know, ask Theresa May.

Police and the army on 09:24 - May 25 with 2362 viewsSwansea_Blue

Police and the army on 09:15 - May 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

BTW, the last Lab government cut more police than the Tories have since 2010

That doesn't look the case if these figures are anything to go by. Certainly not in terms of the impact on total numbers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36857326

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Police and the army on 09:24 - May 25 with 2350 viewsbazza

Police and the army on 09:17 - May 25 by taximan

as for working long hours etc, welcome to my world (without the massive pension)

They should just privatise everything, stop all the moaning.. I work long hours like many millions more,earn a lot less than nurses police fireman... and no private pension.... if Jeremy Corbyn gets in, don't worry about your train being late, it won't turn up, everyone will be on strike.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 9:25]
Police and the army on 09:25 - May 25 with 2344 viewsNo9

Police and the army on 08:58 - May 25 by connorscontract

Of course, this won't have crossed May's mind, but how well does she think troops on the streets is going to go down in Northern Ireland?

That's a Northern Ireland where the Power Sharing Government has broken down completely, and where there is considerable tension over what a hard Brexit will mean for the open border with the South, another key part of the Good Friday agreement.

So within the space of 2 years we could have seen: Power Sharing over (which means Nationalist parties will have no say in the running of the PSNI), troops on the streets and a closed border. We know what that will lead to...

Cameron and May's austerity legacy continues to grow.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 9:01]

I formed the view that Theresa Villiers didn't want the peace agreement to continue
Police and the army on 09:27 - May 25 with 2334 viewsnoggin

You have regularly boasted of your earnings and that you are your own boss. Surely you have been investing in a decent pension?

Police and the army on 09:31 - May 25 with 2319 viewsblue_oyster

Police and the army on 09:24 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

That doesn't look the case if these figures are anything to go by. Certainly not in terms of the impact on total numbers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36857326

Police force massive now compared to what it used to be. Even so, numbers patrolling the streets pitifully low. And that is the whole point of the police. Most are sitting behind desks filling in forms or drinking coffee in cars.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Police and the army on 09:35 - May 25 with 2301 viewsNo9

Police and the army on 09:31 - May 25 by blue_oyster

Police force massive now compared to what it used to be. Even so, numbers patrolling the streets pitifully low. And that is the whole point of the police. Most are sitting behind desks filling in forms or drinking coffee in cars.

Police numbers at their lowest for a decade?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/interactive-graphics/9042632/Table-Police-number
Police and the army on 09:43 - May 25 with 2277 viewsBluefish

I was in Brussels just after their attack and it was army on the streets supporting police. Did Mrs May cut their service as well or is it just normal to bring in the army in these circumstamces.

The amount of Labour points scoring on this tragedy is disgraceful
[Post edited 25 May 2017 9:50]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Police and the army on 09:44 - May 25 with 2276 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Police and the army on 09:31 - May 25 by blue_oyster

75% of 'front line' officers time is spent doing paperwork. That's just a reality.
Police and the army on 09:47 - May 25 with 2262 viewsNo9

Police and the army on 09:44 - May 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

75% of 'front line' officers time is spent doing paperwork. That's just a reality.

We can't have 75% of front line police doing paperwork we have twocoppers for a 24 hour local watch

If the coppers are doing paperwork it is for he PCC to take up with the chief of police = since Cameron introduced the PCC the cops have come under policial control
Police and the army on 09:48 - May 25 with 2249 viewsfactual_blue

Police and the army on 09:19 - May 25 by bazza

Never once said speeding... just making the point they sit their waiting. Doing nothing. Sometimes two in Car.. what a waste of valuable police resources.

I was commenting on Noggin's reference to speeding.

Whilst most deaths do indeed occur on country roads, that's not an argument to stop police being on main roads. Apart from the driving and vehicle-related offences they pick up by both observation and ANPR, I'm not sure where on country roads they would wait. Where appropriate and sensible I'm sure they use mobile speed cams on country roads.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Police and the army on 09:48 - May 25 with 2251 viewsNo9

Police and the army on 09:43 - May 25 by Bluefish

I was in Brussels just after their attack and it was army on the streets supporting police. Did Mrs May cut their service as well or is it just normal to bring in the army in these circumstamces.

The amount of Labour points scoring on this tragedy is disgraceful
[Post edited 25 May 2017 9:50]

Belium isn't the UK
I lived ther for 2 1/2 years & my assistant's husband was in the Belgian police - it works very differently from the UK
Police and the army on 09:52 - May 25 with 2222 viewsBluefish

Police and the army on 09:48 - May 25 by No9

Belium isn't the UK
I lived ther for 2 1/2 years & my assistant's husband was in the Belgian police - it works very differently from the UK

Ok so we are doing it wrong and they are doing it differently. That clears that up then

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Police and the army on 09:54 - May 25 with 2209 viewsNo9

Police and the army on 09:52 - May 25 by Bluefish

Ok so we are doing it wrong and they are doing it differently. That clears that up then

You would need to take some time and study the history to see we haven't been doing it right for a very long time.
on 09:58 - May 25 with 2199 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024