Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre 09:57 - May 25 with 10274 viewsArcher4721

just casually talking to people.

I mean honestly what's the point?

This whole sorry episode does make one feel very cynical.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 09:57 - May 25 with 3956 viewsunbelievablue

If I see 'Reichstag Fire' on this thread I'm logging off forever.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:00 - May 25 with 3945 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I know. What is the point in the police getting out in the community and talking to people?

Shocking, isn't it?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:01 - May 25 with 3920 viewsSwansea_Blue

What's the point of having guns if they aren't prepared to use them, hey?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:02 - May 25 with 3914 viewsRadlett_blue

The point is being seen to be doing something, which may give some a better sense of security.
Yes, it's largely cosmetic.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

on 10:02 - May 25 with 3914 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:02 - May 25 with 3906 viewsbrazil1982

Yes, what's the point in police walking the beat for public reassurance at a critical terror alert.

Silly isn't it.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:04 - May 25 with 3889 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Reassurance

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:10 - May 25 with 3840 viewshomer_123

It's to make people like ThatMuhrenCross feel better?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:13 - May 25 with 3810 viewsunbelievablue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:04 - May 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Reassurance

I've no real problem with an increased armed police presence, but do people genuinely feel reassured?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:13 - May 25 with 3808 viewsbazza

It's because Poundland is having a sale
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:14 - May 25 with 3804 viewsgiant_stow

I get that - its to say that 'we have armed police in Ipswich' - makes sense.

What I don't get is why there were two unarmed police at Blackfriars just now - what they gonna do if it kicks off?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:15 - May 25 with 3787 viewsartsbossbeard

Our habitual shoplifters will have second thoughts today then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:15 - May 25 with 3785 viewsunbelievablue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:14 - May 25 by giant_stow

What I don't get is why there were two unarmed police at Blackfriars just now - what they gonna do if it kicks off?

Not every Met copper is going to be armed.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:16 - May 25 with 3778 viewsRadlett_blue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:14 - May 25 by giant_stow

Police have to be properly trained before they can be issued with firearms.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:18 - May 25 with 3762 viewsDanTheMan

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:15 - May 25 by unbelievablue

Thankfully.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:22 - May 25 with 3728 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 10:02 - May 25 by _

The JTAC don't raise the threat level to critical without having a very good reason. What makes you think it is overkill? And why the need to insult people who may feel reassured by measures!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 10:26 - May 25 with 3711 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:22 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

The JTAC don't raise the threat level to critical without having a very good reason. What makes you think it is overkill? And why the need to insult people who may feel reassured by measures!

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:27 - May 25 with 3701 viewsgiant_stow

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:15 - May 25 by unbelievablue

No of course, but given the place and events, I'm surprised that that was all they had there - empty gesture and even dangerous for the coppers involved.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:29 - May 25 with 3689 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:13 - May 25 by unbelievablue

I've no real problem with an increased armed police presence, but do people genuinely feel reassured?

I'd say the opposite. Seeing guns always makes me feel the opposite of safe, but maybe I'm just weird.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:30 - May 25 with 3673 viewsJ2BLUE

on 10:26 - May 25 by _

It might not do anything to stop suicide bombers but i'm sure anyone planning a shooting spree would wait for a time when they could do a lot more damage so it's not unreasonable to feel a little reassured. I've always thought the time we're safest is directly after an attack. Although I guess Belgium would argue the point.

Of course we can't have armed police on the streets forever and i'm not suggesting we should ever want that. Just making the point so the usual suspects don't start about giving up liberty for security etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 10:34 - May 25 with 3633 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:29 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

I'd say the opposite. Seeing guns always makes me feel the opposite of safe, but maybe I'm just weird.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:35 - May 25 with 3628 viewshoppy

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:29 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

I've always thought you are a bit, to be fair.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:36 - May 25 with 3612 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:35 - May 25 by hoppy

I've always thought you are a bit, to be fair.

you spelt 'tit' wrong

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:38 - May 25 with 3597 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 10:26 - May 25 by _

I asked you two civil questions. I'm sorry you feel the need to be so abusive in your reply.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 10:40 - May 25 with 3595 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:38 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

I asked you two civil questions. I'm sorry you feel the need to be so abusive in your reply.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024