Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre 09:57 - May 25 with 10265 viewsArcher4721

just casually talking to people.

I mean honestly what's the point?

This whole sorry episode does make one feel very cynical.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:40 - May 25 with 1114 viewsRadlett_blue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:30 - May 25 by J2BLUE

It might not do anything to stop suicide bombers but i'm sure anyone planning a shooting spree would wait for a time when they could do a lot more damage so it's not unreasonable to feel a little reassured. I've always thought the time we're safest is directly after an attack. Although I guess Belgium would argue the point.

Of course we can't have armed police on the streets forever and i'm not suggesting we should ever want that. Just making the point so the usual suspects don't start about giving up liberty for security etc.

All it does is direct attacks elsewhere. You can increase security at sporting events, pop concerts etc, so the suicide bombers go to a railway terminus or a shopping centre at a busy time. You cannot police all crowds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:41 - May 25 with 1113 viewsSwansea_Blue

on 10:34 - May 25 by _

Armed police have been regularly at PL football matches this season too. I don't recall seeing them on my travels to see the Towen though, but they've had them down here at the Liberty and at other PL grounds.

Swansea market was evacuated yesterday as some numpty left a bag of shopping or some such. Armed police were there very quickly. It's all got very twitchy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:41 - May 25 with 1111 viewsGlasgowBlue

Surely talking to people causally breaks down the barriers that a gun may put up.

These guys are trained to deal with a threat but they are still human and we want our police to interact with the public.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:42 - May 25 with 1106 viewsJ2BLUE

on 10:40 - May 25 by _

Then click ignore mate. You two are constantly arguing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:43 - May 25 with 1104 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 10:40 - May 25 by _

Perhaps you should use the ignore function. If not then don't reply to my posts if you have no time for me. It's obviously making you very angry and frustrated.

Iron Lion Zion

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:46 - May 25 with 1092 viewsunbelievablue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:43 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps you should use the ignore function. If not then don't reply to my posts if you have no time for me. It's obviously making you very angry and frustrated.

Or you could? It's so tedious.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:47 - May 25 with 1085 viewsDanTheMan

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:46 - May 25 by unbelievablue

It's funny, nobody wants to do it as everyone else looks down on it as "censorship" and not accepting others opinions.

We should have a voting system where TWTD can force two users to ignore each other if enough votes are reached.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

on 10:48 - May 25 with 1075 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:43 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Login to get fewer ads

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:50 - May 25 with 1065 viewshoppy

on 10:48 - May 25 by _

....sorry to butt in, but getting back to the OP...

I saw them yesterday in the town centre as well.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:50 - May 25 with 1062 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:46 - May 25 by unbelievablue

I don't see what was unreasonable in my questions. The JTAC don't make these decisions lightly and I don't understand why people are "simple" if they feel reassured. Some people do feel reassured.

I tried ignoring him but it makes the board harder to read. And I had hoped that as the board had been relatively harmonious, with a couple of exceptions, since the events of Monday night that I may have got a civil reply.

Iron Lion Zion

on 10:50 - May 25 with 1061 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:52 - May 25 with 1045 viewsJ2BLUE

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:40 - May 25 by Radlett_blue

All it does is direct attacks elsewhere. You can increase security at sporting events, pop concerts etc, so the suicide bombers go to a railway terminus or a shopping centre at a busy time. You cannot police all crowds.

Well yes, you can't have armed guards everywhere.

Truly impaired.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:52 - May 25 with 1045 viewsunbelievablue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:47 - May 25 by DanTheMan

It's funny, nobody wants to do it as everyone else looks down on it as "censorship" and not accepting others opinions.

We should have a voting system where TWTD can force two users to ignore each other if enough votes are reached.

I've got 12 on ignore. All of them are cretinous fools.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:54 - May 25 with 1034 viewsJ2BLUE

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:52 - May 25 by unbelievablue

I've got 12 on ignore. All of them are cretinous fools.

Agreed. Most people I have on ignore have long since been banned but it's a nice feature being able to delete idiots from your world.

Truly impaired.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:55 - May 25 with 1025 viewshoppy

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:54 - May 25 by J2BLUE

Agreed. Most people I have on ignore have long since been banned but it's a nice feature being able to delete idiots from your world.

How do you still reply to some of my posts then?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:56 - May 25 with 1018 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:52 - May 25 by J2BLUE

Well yes, you can't have armed guards everywhere.

Festivals must surely be the hardest place to stop an attack like Monday night.

At Carfest last year we brought in a five bedroom tent in a big bag on. a trolley , seats in bags etc and the only thing that was searched was my wife's handbag.

Iron Lion Zion

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:59 - May 25 with 1000 viewsunbelievablue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:56 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Festivals must surely be the hardest place to stop an attack like Monday night.

At Carfest last year we brought in a five bedroom tent in a big bag on. a trolley , seats in bags etc and the only thing that was searched was my wife's handbag.

Any mainline train station. With 18 platforms and trains coming in from all over, it's nigh on impossible.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:07 - May 25 with 982 viewsRyorry

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:54 - May 25 by J2BLUE

I've only got one, shall I run a sweepstake with prizes re who it is? First prize is getting to run TWTD for a day whilst Phil n Gav go for a jolly to the seaside. The poor things never get to go out together otherwise.

No, I haven't asked them ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:08 - May 25 with 976 viewsJ2BLUE

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:55 - May 25 by hoppy

How do you still reply to some of my posts then?

You're not my target demographic.

Truly impaired.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:12 - May 25 with 961 viewstextbackup

Big cities have huge police presence currently, smaller towns could be hit as an easier target?
Only need to walk through ipswich to realise we have many cultures here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:15 - May 25 with 946 viewsBluebell

on 10:26 - May 25 by _

You said "still I imagine it will help keep the simpler amongst us feeling safe."

I am happy to see armed police and it does make me feel safe. I don't consider myself simple. I guess old people and mothers with young children will feel the same.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:16 - May 25 with 943 viewstcblue

Far rather it is still police and not army, yet. The cuts to policing behind this necessity have been seemingly waved away by our Strong and Stable incumbents
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:18 - May 25 with 938 viewsBackToRussia

Given how unlikely a terrorist incident occurring in Ipswich is this actually is more dangerous than doing nothing.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:19 - May 25 with 928 viewsunbelievablue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:18 - May 25 by BackToRussia

Given how unlikely a terrorist incident occurring in Ipswich is this actually is more dangerous than doing nothing.

How so?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:22 - May 25 with 919 viewshoppy

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:18 - May 25 by BackToRussia

Would an Ariana Grande concert have been on the 'likely' list then, for a terrorist incident?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024