Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre 09:57 - May 25 with 10264 viewsArcher4721

just casually talking to people.

I mean honestly what's the point?

This whole sorry episode does make one feel very cynical.
on 11:23 - May 25 with 2087 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:22 - May 25 by hoppy

Would an Ariana Grande concert have been on the 'likely' list then, for a terrorist incident?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:27 - May 25 with 2070 viewsBackToRussia

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:19 - May 25 by unbelievablue

How so?

By putting two automatic weapons into the equation you've already needlessly escalated the situation. Especially in an environment where theyre not usually seen. Easier and safer to do nothing in this scenario - can understand it in public places in big cities and sites of importance but just in any old town, I dont get. Terrorist incidents follow pretty set patterns, why police way outside of those patterns in such an overt way? Does it even reassure people or make people wonder if something's going on? Could go either way imo.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:06 - May 25 with 2033 viewsRyorry

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:15 - May 25 by Bluebell

You said "still I imagine it will help keep the simpler amongst us feeling safe."

I am happy to see armed police and it does make me feel safe. I don't consider myself simple. I guess old people and mothers with young children will feel the same.

I was struggling to find the words, thank you for saying it very eloquently.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:09 - May 25 with 2019 viewsRyorry

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:27 - May 25 by BackToRussia

By putting two automatic weapons into the equation you've already needlessly escalated the situation. Especially in an environment where theyre not usually seen. Easier and safer to do nothing in this scenario - can understand it in public places in big cities and sites of importance but just in any old town, I dont get. Terrorist incidents follow pretty set patterns, why police way outside of those patterns in such an overt way? Does it even reassure people or make people wonder if something's going on? Could go either way imo.

For all you know, there may have been particular intelligence re Ipswich or surrounding areas.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:10 - May 25 with 2017 viewsCaptainObvious

on 10:02 - May 25 by _

Textbook sneering.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:11 - May 25 with 2009 viewshoppy

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:09 - May 25 by Ryorry

For all you know, there may have been particular intelligence re Ipswich or surrounding areas.

I've rarely seen many of particular intelligence walking through Ipswich town centre, to be honest.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:17 - May 25 with 2000 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:22 - May 25 by hoppy

Would an Ariana Grande concert have been on the 'likely' list then, for a terrorist incident?

Unfortunately yes. A scantily dressed pop singer appealing to young teenage girls. That is everything Islamist extremists hate in our society right there.

When the terrorists were planning an attack on the Ministry of Sound nightclub in London. it was recorded that one of the terrorists said to another "no one could turn round and say oh they are innocent, those slags dancing around”.

Others who were convicted of planning nightclub attacks in Birmingham had been recorded saying ‘the kuffar, slags and whores go drinking and clubbing’ and ‘have sex like donkeys’.

They are inspired by radical clerics like Sheik Taj Aldin al-Hilali said ‘If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside without cover, and the cats come to eat it, whose fault is it? The cat’s or the uncovered meat’s? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.’

So as much as we find it incomprehensible they would attack this sort of concert it fits in with the rhetoric.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:18 - May 25 with 1997 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:06 - May 25 by Ryorry

I was struggling to find the words, thank you for saying it very eloquently.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:22 - May 25 with 1985 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:17 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Unfortunately yes. A scantily dressed pop singer appealing to young teenage girls. That is everything Islamist extremists hate in our society right there.

When the terrorists were planning an attack on the Ministry of Sound nightclub in London. it was recorded that one of the terrorists said to another "no one could turn round and say oh they are innocent, those slags dancing around”.

Others who were convicted of planning nightclub attacks in Birmingham had been recorded saying ‘the kuffar, slags and whores go drinking and clubbing’ and ‘have sex like donkeys’.

They are inspired by radical clerics like Sheik Taj Aldin al-Hilali said ‘If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside without cover, and the cats come to eat it, whose fault is it? The cat’s or the uncovered meat’s? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.’

So as much as we find it incomprehensible they would attack this sort of concert it fits in with the rhetoric.

Hmmm I'd recognise that point if it was Miley cyrus for example.

But Ariana Granda aims for the 12/13/14 year olds - often appears on Disney channel etc

Don't think she's known as a 'scantily dressed pop singer' really

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:24 - May 25 with 1980 viewsArcher4721

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:17 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Thanks for copy and pasting an article from The Spectator.

I'd already read it ta.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:25 - May 25 with 1975 viewsunbelievablue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:22 - May 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Hmmm I'd recognise that point if it was Miley cyrus for example.

But Ariana Granda aims for the 12/13/14 year olds - often appears on Disney channel etc

Don't think she's known as a 'scantily dressed pop singer' really

Depends on your definition of scantily clad - for a Wahhabi, Ariana Grande is up there.

Logistical consideration is key here too obviously. Home city for the attacker.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:29 - May 25 with 1964 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:24 - May 25 by Archer4721

Thanks for copy and pasting an article from The Spectator.

I'd already read it ta.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to hide you for a while. Your constant sniping isn't really needed at the moment.

Iron Lion Zion

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:29 - May 25 with 1958 viewsArcher4721

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:12 - May 25 by textbackup

Big cities have huge police presence currently, smaller towns could be hit as an easier target?
Only need to walk through ipswich to realise we have many cultures here

"Only need to walk through ipswich to realise we have many cultures here"

So?
on 12:32 - May 25 with 1952 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:25 - May 25 by unbelievablue

Depends on your definition of scantily clad - for a Wahhabi, Ariana Grande is up there.

Logistical consideration is key here too obviously. Home city for the attacker.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:32 - May 25 with 1944 viewsArcher4721

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:29 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

I'm afraid I'm going to have to hide you for a while. Your constant sniping isn't really needed at the moment.

Thanks Mr Self-Important.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:33 - May 25 with 1937 viewsClapham_Junction

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 10:40 - May 25 by Radlett_blue

All it does is direct attacks elsewhere. You can increase security at sporting events, pop concerts etc, so the suicide bombers go to a railway terminus or a shopping centre at a busy time. You cannot police all crowds.

You can, it just costs $hitloads. When I lived in Israel literally everywhere had armed guards. You couldn't go into railway stations without showing ID cards and going through scanners. Even shopping centres had a person with a gun on every entrance. Like we have random ticket inspectors on public transport, they had random security on buses who would get on for a couple of stops then get off and get on one going the other way.

On top of that, all the kids doing their military service (guys from 18-21 and girls from 18-20) have to carry their guns at all times (if they have them), which means there are guns everywhere (it was a bit weird for the first month or two but you get used to it after a while). This is why every time you hear about a random attack somewhere in Israel, the attacker gets shot almost immediately.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:34 - May 25 with 1927 viewshoppy

on 12:32 - May 25 by _

Your wife sings that, or Ariana Grande does?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:37 - May 25 with 1911 viewsNewcyBlue

on 12:32 - May 25 by _

Why would your wife sing that?!

(It's a joke...)

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

on 12:38 - May 25 with 1908 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:34 - May 25 by hoppy

Your wife sings that, or Ariana Grande does?

on 12:38 - May 25 with 1902 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:37 - May 25 by NewcyBlue

Why would your wife sing that?!

(It's a joke...)

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:40 - May 25 with 1889 viewsArcher4721

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:09 - May 25 by Ryorry

Oh dear Ryorry.

Oh dear.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:46 - May 25 with 1864 viewsRadlett_blue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:33 - May 25 by Clapham_Junction

You can, it just costs $hitloads. When I lived in Israel literally everywhere had armed guards. You couldn't go into railway stations without showing ID cards and going through scanners. Even shopping centres had a person with a gun on every entrance. Like we have random ticket inspectors on public transport, they had random security on buses who would get on for a couple of stops then get off and get on one going the other way.

On top of that, all the kids doing their military service (guys from 18-21 and girls from 18-20) have to carry their guns at all times (if they have them), which means there are guns everywhere (it was a bit weird for the first month or two but you get used to it after a while). This is why every time you hear about a random attack somewhere in Israel, the attacker gets shot almost immediately.

Fair point; it can be done. But is this a good use of resources & do we want to cause such huge disruption to daily life?
My answer is no to both.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:47 - May 25 with 1861 viewsNewcyBlue

on 12:38 - May 25 by _

I blame my satellite internet connection!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:58 - May 25 with 1831 viewsRyorry

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:40 - May 25 by Archer4721

Oh dear Ryorry.

Oh dear.

?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:01 - May 25 with 1814 viewsRyorry

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:47 - May 25 by NewcyBlue

I blame my satellite internet connection!

Mine is more off than on at the mo, it's picked a good time as it's glorious outside - not often I'm down to just a T-shirt!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024