Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre 09:57 - May 25 with 10240 viewsArcher4721

just casually talking to people.

I mean honestly what's the point?

This whole sorry episode does make one feel very cynical.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:05 - May 25 with 3082 viewsBluebell

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:01 - May 25 by Ryorry

Mine is more off than on at the mo, it's picked a good time as it's glorious outside - not often I'm down to just a T-shirt!

Just a T-shirt Ryorry?

Hope you are not expecting any deliveries today!
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:07 - May 25 with 3076 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:05 - May 25 by Bluebell

Just a T-shirt Ryorry?

Benters has already started cycling to Yorkshire after reading Ryorry's post.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:13 - May 25 with 3063 viewsNewcyBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:05 - May 25 by Bluebell

Just a T-shirt Ryorry?

Or maybe she is.....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:16 - May 25 with 3054 viewsRyorry

Just a T-shirt Ryorry?

Since you mention it, my wonderful Magnolia Star Wars was delivered about an hour ago, and I'm about to go and dig a big hole (some might say I already have ). I will then be having a naturist sunbathing hour to get my max dose of vit D, so Benters will have to put wings and a motor on his bike to make it!

I know you're into plants Bluebell, so you might like this - had always wanted a Magnolia, had part of my garden made low maintenance with some of the beds turfed over so it was looking a bit bare & in need of a feature plant - my local nursery happened to have this in, so I've treated myself to a very early birthday prezzie -

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/gardening/plant-of-the-week-magnolia-st

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:29 - May 25 with 3026 viewsGeoffSentence

on 10:50 - May 25 by _

To be fair though Libby, you aren't covering yourself in glory here either.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:30 - May 25 with 3025 viewsBluebell

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:16 - May 25 by Ryorry

Since you mention it, my wonderful Magnolia Star Wars was delivered about an hour ago, and I'm about to go and dig a big hole (some might say I already have ). I will then be having a naturist sunbathing hour to get my max dose of vit D, so Benters will have to put wings and a motor on his bike to make it!

I know you're into plants Bluebell, so you might like this - had always wanted a Magnolia, had part of my garden made low maintenance with some of the beds turfed over so it was looking a bit bare & in need of a feature plant - my local nursery happened to have this in, so I've treated myself to a very early birthday prezzie -

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/gardening/plant-of-the-week-magnolia-st

That looks beautiful. Might even buy myself one.

I love the sunny days but watering my vegetables and tubs and containers of bedding plants is taking me ages each evening.

I don't have a butt like Benters so trying not to waste water.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:34 - May 25 with 3015 viewsGeoffSentence

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:09 - May 25 by Ryorry

For all you know, there may have been particular intelligence re Ipswich or surrounding areas.

There was, some time back. Two pilots of cargo aircraft were caught discussing the possibility of crashing planes into British towns and cities. Presumably because it is close to the coast and close to flight paths from Europe to Stansted, Ipswich was one of the suggested targets.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-vs-raf-terror-attacks-london-bath-brighton-ipswich

Which just goes to show that we should not feel complacent about our boring little town with regard to terrorists.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:44 - May 25 with 2992 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 12:17 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Unfortunately yes. A scantily dressed pop singer appealing to young teenage girls. That is everything Islamist extremists hate in our society right there.

When the terrorists were planning an attack on the Ministry of Sound nightclub in London. it was recorded that one of the terrorists said to another "no one could turn round and say oh they are innocent, those slags dancing around”.

Others who were convicted of planning nightclub attacks in Birmingham had been recorded saying ‘the kuffar, slags and whores go drinking and clubbing’ and ‘have sex like donkeys’.

They are inspired by radical clerics like Sheik Taj Aldin al-Hilali said ‘If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside without cover, and the cats come to eat it, whose fault is it? The cat’s or the uncovered meat’s? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.’

So as much as we find it incomprehensible they would attack this sort of concert it fits in with the rhetoric.

It's an attack on the under belly of Manchester and is aimed at making people think twice about doing the one thing that is in every Mancunian's sole... music.

If people don't feel safe in Manchester whilst attending any of the hundreds of buzzing music venues in the city then, to be honest, you've ripped the heart out of the place.

It's nothing to do with what Ariana Grande chooses to wear.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 13:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:52 - May 25 with 2963 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:44 - May 25 by King_ding_a_lin_g

It's an attack on the under belly of Manchester and is aimed at making people think twice about doing the one thing that is in every Mancunian's sole... music.

If people don't feel safe in Manchester whilst attending any of the hundreds of buzzing music venues in the city then, to be honest, you've ripped the heart out of the place.

It's nothing to do with what Ariana Grande chooses to wear.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 13:45]

I heard Oasis The Masterplan on the radio earlier.

When things return to normal, wouldn't it be a wonderful gesture for the Gallgaher's to reform in aid of the victims of the bombing?

A proper Mancunian event with Hooky joining up with New Order, The Stone Roses, the Happy Mondays and some legacy acts like 10CC and The Hollies with Graham Nash.

Maybe even Morrissey and Marr could put aside their differences for the day?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:06 - May 25 with 2942 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:52 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

I heard Oasis The Masterplan on the radio earlier.

When things return to normal, wouldn't it be a wonderful gesture for the Gallgaher's to reform in aid of the victims of the bombing?

A proper Mancunian event with Hooky joining up with New Order, The Stone Roses, the Happy Mondays and some legacy acts like 10CC and The Hollies with Graham Nash.

Maybe even Morrissey and Marr could put aside their differences for the day?

I don't think a "super gig" will ever happen... and to be honest, I'm not sure I'd want it to. I think these circumstances are the last under which Noel would want to rekindle his musical relationship with his brother.

I hope it just makes people go out and support their local venues and their local bands even more than they already do.
Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 23:41 - May 25 with 2871 viewsRyorry

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:30 - May 25 by Bluebell

That looks beautiful. Might even buy myself one.

I love the sunny days but watering my vegetables and tubs and containers of bedding plants is taking me ages each evening.

I don't have a butt like Benters so trying not to waste water.

Wrote a reply a few hours ago in a rare minute of connection, but then lost the connection the second I posted it!

Know what you mean re the time spent watering, couple of hours every eve for me at the mo, mostly from natural springs and drainage pipes, as worried about our well running dry!

Bear in mind that this Magnolia can grow up to 30 feet! so you'd need to prune it or have a large garden. Mine's now planted. They need as sheltered a location as poss, sun or semi shade, but are quite tolerant of clay or dry conditions

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 23:48 - May 25 with 2869 viewsRyorry

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:34 - May 25 by GeoffSentence

There was, some time back. Two pilots of cargo aircraft were caught discussing the possibility of crashing planes into British towns and cities. Presumably because it is close to the coast and close to flight paths from Europe to Stansted, Ipswich was one of the suggested targets.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-vs-raf-terror-attacks-london-bath-brighton-ipswich

Which just goes to show that we should not feel complacent about our boring little town with regard to terrorists.

Thanks for the explanation, appreciated.

Shame Archer couldn't have posted that instead of his sarcastic remark, esp as he's supposedly so well informed - most people know that I've lived at least 250 miles away from Ipswich for over 40 years.

on 11:35 - May 26 with 2831 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 23:48 - May 25 by Ryorry

Shame Archer couldn't have posted that instead of his sarcastic remark, esp as he's supposedly so well informed - most people know that I've lived at least 250 miles away from Ipswich for over 40 years.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:39 - May 26 with 2828 viewshoppy

on 11:35 - May 26 by _

You might be best not to. I've just heard a couple of sirens. I don't want to alarm you.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

on 11:41 - May 26 with 2827 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:39 - May 26 by hoppy

You might be best not to. I've just heard a couple of sirens. I don't want to alarm you.

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 11:51 - May 26 with 2816 viewsitfcjoe

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 13:34 - May 25 by GeoffSentence

My friend used to work with a bloke that was convinced that the Willis building was one of the top 5 terrorist targets in either the UK or Europe, can't remember which.

He was, unsurprisingly, a proper tin hat merchant

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:13 - May 26 with 2776 viewsTheSelkirk

on 10:34 - May 25 by _

When was that?
on 14:15 - May 26 with 2775 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:13 - May 26 by TheSelkirk

When was that?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:16 - May 26 with 2767 viewshoppy

on 11:41 - May 26 by _

You survived ok then?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:25 - May 26 with 2755 viewsGeoffSentence

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 23:48 - May 25 by Ryorry

I don't think that particular incident has any bearing on the presence of armed police in the town now, it was just to illustrate that even places like Ipswich could be a target.

on 14:25 - May 26 with 2752 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:16 - May 26 by hoppy

You survived ok then?

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:27 - May 26 with 2745 viewshoppy

on 14:25 - May 26 by _

Oh blimey, I've got to go down near that way shortly. I hope the place has settled down a bit more now...

on 14:29 - May 26 with 2743 views_

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 14:27 - May 26 by hoppy

Oh blimey, I've got to go down near that way shortly. I hope the place has settled down a bit more now...

Just seen armed police walking round Ipswich town centre on 17:24 - May 27 with 2644 viewsbongoblue91

Whys there no point in it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024