Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lisbon Lions 11:58 - May 25 with 887 viewswoodbridge_blue

Great documentary last night about Celtic's European Cup win, achieved 50 years ago today. Remarkable that all the eleven players were born within 30 miles of Celtic Park. Seven of the team are still alive, not all in great health, but it brought back some vivid memories, especially the grainy black and white coverage with Kenneth Wolstenholme commentary. It's some understatement, but without doubt, a different era.
Lisbon Lions on 12:00 - May 25 with 874 viewsKieran_Knows

What programme was it on? Will try and watch tonight if it's on catch-up etc.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lisbon Lions on 12:03 - May 25 with 864 viewswoodbridge_blue

Lisbon Lions on 12:00 - May 25 by Kieran_Knows

What programme was it on? Will try and watch tonight if it's on catch-up etc.

It was on BBC1 around 23.30 for an hour, I stumbled across it by accident. I think it was on BBC Scotland earlier in the evening.
Lisbon Lions on 12:06 - May 25 with 858 viewsgood_at_COD

As good a football documentary as I've ever seen. I loved some of the fans' tales that were interwoven with the pure football stuff to reflect the different times. Incredible that the supporters were not even asked to show their tickets and the shot of Billy McNeill lifting the trophy on that beautiful balcony is surely one of the most iconic football pictures of all time. I watched it after seeing Manchester United's win and there could hardly have been a greater contrast in, well, everything!

Giggsy

Lisbon Lions on 12:10 - May 25 with 848 viewsKieran_Knows

Lisbon Lions on 12:03 - May 25 by woodbridge_blue

It was on BBC1 around 23.30 for an hour, I stumbled across it by accident. I think it was on BBC Scotland earlier in the evening.

Nice one, will try watch it later.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lisbon Lions on 22:01 - May 25 with 792 viewsbraveblue

Lived a few doors away from Bobby Lennox who was the only one outside Glasgow. Great guy. Played footie with all the boys in the park after winning cap and European cup!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024