Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Home Pre-Season Friendly 12:23 - May 25 with 8732 viewsDublinBlue84

Another Spectacular own goal by the club.

Club advertises home pre-season friendly ticket as part of membership schemes then there is no pre-season friendly at home.

The website at least now says subject to the club holding a friendly at home, but if they were not sure they shouldn't have advertised it at all IMHO, especially since the majority of fans know it has been customary to hold one for many years.

I know they have a get out clause now, but they should make it up to the supporters by offering something in it's place, bearing in mind how bad the relations are between the fans and the club right now.

We just are taken for granted, like we were with Evans 5 point plan which was then ignored.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 12:24]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:45 - May 25 with 3573 viewschristiand

They'd only end up with an exciting home game against Witham Town, to entice us all back. Especially with all the exciting changes that the club has in store....not!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:52 - May 25 with 3562 viewschristiand

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:50 - May 25 by TheBlueBarca

This sums it all up perfect!

Must have been the toxic atmosphere!

It was probably the 'f**kers' in the stands not showing enough encouragement for the aimless long punts forward to our 5ft 11 strikers! I'm looking forward to MM's return from holiday, obviously ME thinks a fortnight's holiday will turn MM in to Antonio Conte and get Ipswich playing like Chelsea.....there goes another flying pig past my front window!!!

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:35 - May 25 with 3529 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:52 - May 25 by christiand

It was probably the 'f**kers' in the stands not showing enough encouragement for the aimless long punts forward to our 5ft 11 strikers! I'm looking forward to MM's return from holiday, obviously ME thinks a fortnight's holiday will turn MM in to Antonio Conte and get Ipswich playing like Chelsea.....there goes another flying pig past my front window!!!

Well, they've tried to make us look a bit more like Chelsea, to be fair...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:38 - May 25 with 3526 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:32 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

I don't think it's anything to do with that. From what I gather they wanted to get pre-season sorted early rather than dragging on as has been the case in recent years with organising the foreign friendly having been the main hassle. Last year the planned opponents pulled out relatively late, I seem to recall, hence the rather lowly opposition who visited in the end. Think they had a few chats this year but nothing was going to get done quickly, hence opting not to play one.

Ultimately, pre-season is a fitness exercise for the players and think, certainly from a football management point of view, that's all that's really taken into account - what's best in terms of preparation for the season ahead.

While I agree the pre-season friendly against overseas opposition has become a tradition, attendances have been very low in recent years, although the quality of the opposition does come into that, of course.

Who was we supposed to play before they pulled out?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:39 - May 25 with 3522 viewsPhilTWTD

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:16 - May 25 by hoppy

To be redeemable at the 4th round of the EFL Cup if we're at home?

Actually wouldn't entirely surprise me if the first round tie came into their thinking. What is this 'fourth round' of which you speak?
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:40 - May 25 with 3517 viewsDoobDude

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:43 - May 25 by Illinoisblue

assume it's a money-saving move; presumably a foreign club would want certain expenses paying. Add in stewarding, catering etc for a 4k crowd and we're probably not making money, more likely losing.

It's 100% a money saving reason.

Thankfully Evans is looking to get shot of us.
The only problem being is that if he fails he will strip this club bare!

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:48 - May 25 with 3504 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:39 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

Actually wouldn't entirely surprise me if the first round tie came into their thinking. What is this 'fourth round' of which you speak?

The thing of which dreams are made of, Phil.

I heard someone talking about it once, anyway.

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:55 - May 25 with 3490 viewsblueblood66

Clubs a shambles. End.
Login to get fewer ads

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:00 - May 25 with 3477 viewsPhilTWTD

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:38 - May 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Who was we supposed to play before they pulled out?

I couldn't remember but I've had a check around and it was Vitesse Arnhem.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:01 - May 25 with 3470 viewsPhilTWTD

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:40 - May 25 by DoobDude

It's 100% a money saving reason.

Thankfully Evans is looking to get shot of us.
The only problem being is that if he fails he will strip this club bare!

Given that they make money from home friendlies not really sure how that works.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:03 - May 25 with 3463 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:00 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

I couldn't remember but I've had a check around and it was Vitesse Arnhem.

At least I knew who they are. The lot we had instead (I can't even remember there name) j had never heard of.

Cheers

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:13 - May 25 with 3456 viewsPhilTWTD

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:03 - May 25 by The_Romford_Blue

At least I knew who they are. The lot we had instead (I can't even remember there name) j had never heard of.

Cheers

Royale Union Saint-Gilloise. Basically as the Vitesse game broke down late and they were left with few options. From what I gather they had a few conversations this year - these things are usually organised via an agent - but nothing looked like getting sorted quickly and they didn't want things dragged out as per last year.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:23 - May 25 with 3439 viewspoppiesman

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 13:42 - May 25 by itfcjoe

The team we had over last year must have been cheap, they were awful and I'd like to think I'm pretty clued up on football but had genuinely never heard of them, and can't even remember their name now.

They beat us.

It was probably the most embarressing home friendly I can remember us having.
I too had never heard of them when the fixture was announced and like you cant recall what they were called or even what country they were from.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 18:00 - May 25 with 3420 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 17:13 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

Royale Union Saint-Gilloise. Basically as the Vitesse game broke down late and they were left with few options. From what I gather they had a few conversations this year - these things are usually organised via an agent - but nothing looked like getting sorted quickly and they didn't want things dragged out as per last year.

Do they wait right until the end of the season to sort things like this out? Would it not be possible for someone to be working on it a lot earlier, to get something sorted out well beforehand with a biggish club? - dates wouldn't be reliant on knowing what division a team was going to be in, would it? Plenty of lower league teams seem to be able to host a Premier League club's first team in pre-season - I would imagine they would have the wheels in motion for such a thing long before the season is finished?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 18:07 - May 25 with 3418 viewsPhilTWTD

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 18:00 - May 25 by hoppy

Do they wait right until the end of the season to sort things like this out? Would it not be possible for someone to be working on it a lot earlier, to get something sorted out well beforehand with a biggish club? - dates wouldn't be reliant on knowing what division a team was going to be in, would it? Plenty of lower league teams seem to be able to host a Premier League club's first team in pre-season - I would imagine they would have the wheels in motion for such a thing long before the season is finished?

Don't think they tend to be sorted much before the end of the season anywhere, budget and league status come into the thinking in some cases. Mick knew the basic outline - Carton House, Drogheda, Colchester etc - before the final game so had obviously been sorted to some extent by that stage. We have played a few Premier League teams in pre-season looking back, including Wolves when MM was in charge.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 18:21 - May 25 with 3395 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't think it's anything to do with that. From what I gather they wanted to get pre-season sorted early rather than dragging on as has been the case in recent years with organising the foreign friendly having been the main hassle. Last year the planned opponents pulled out relatively late, I seem to recall, hence the rather lowly opposition who visited in the end. Think they had a few chats this year but nothing was going to get done quickly, hence opting not to play one.

Ultimately, pre-season is a fitness exercise for the players and think, certainly from a football management point of view, that's all that's really taken into account - what's best in terms of preparation for the season ahead.

While I agree the pre-season friendly against overseas opposition has become a tradition, attendances have been very low in recent years, although the quality of the opposition does come into that, of course.

And the quality of football.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 18:31 - May 25 with 3380 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 18:07 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

Don't think they tend to be sorted much before the end of the season anywhere, budget and league status come into the thinking in some cases. Mick knew the basic outline - Carton House, Drogheda, Colchester etc - before the final game so had obviously been sorted to some extent by that stage. We have played a few Premier League teams in pre-season looking back, including Wolves when MM was in charge.

We've had West Ham here as well before, and Rangers, haven't we? So there's no reason why it couldn't be looked at earlier, given a reasonably big club visiting could be a potential money-spinner - and needn't depend on league status, particularly with a European side (granted, if we were to be promoted, we probably wouldn't want to be facing a fellow Premier League side!).

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 18:39 - May 25 with 3373 viewschristiand

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 16:35 - May 25 by hoppy

Well, they've tried to make us look a bit more like Chelsea, to be fair...

Quite like the kit Hoppy, just wish we were remotely as efficient as Chelsea on and off the field.

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 21:55 - May 25 with 3321 viewsbraveblue

Had the feel of Milne about it.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 22:05 - May 25 with 3316 viewstextbackup

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 21:55 - May 25 by braveblue

Had the feel of Milne about it.

Ian 'everything I touch I fck up' milne

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:16 - May 26 with 3257 viewsDolly2.0

It was always "if we have one".

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 12:46 - May 26 with 3244 viewsmaccyd9

So essentially, they couldn't be @rsed.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:05 - May 26 with 3215 viewsDeano69

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 15:16 - May 25 by hoppy

To be redeemable at the 4th round of the EFL Cup if we're at home?

2 hours before kick off

*while stock lasts....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:25 - May 26 with 3203 viewsbraveblue

Huddersfield signed players early, got everyone in training, got first 11 sorted in friendlies and started well. We were still arranging to sell our top scorer. It's all about planning and preparation, not just fitness. MM does not want good opposition - we would get slaughtered.
No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:28 - May 26 with 3195 viewshoppy

No Home Pre-Season Friendly on 14:25 - May 26 by braveblue

Huddersfield signed players early, got everyone in training, got first 11 sorted in friendlies and started well. We were still arranging to sell our top scorer. It's all about planning and preparation, not just fitness. MM does not want good opposition - we would get slaughtered.

Not quite true. Our top scorer last season was Pitman, and if you were meaning Murphy, he started the season with us - it wasn't until the last couple of days of the window that we sold him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024