Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? 19:06 - May 25 with 8723 viewsSitfcB

Me and my girlfriend are expecting a baby, due in December.

Can't believe it myself and I've known since the end of March!

Any words of advice/wisdom greatly received.

Excited and worried!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 23:32 - May 25 with 2583 viewsLord_Lucan

Run away.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 00:07 - May 26 with 2552 viewsbobfromnewmarket

very pleased that sperm erupted from your willy. All the best pal.

Poll: What one word would you use to sum up today's ITFC Performance?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 01:47 - May 26 with 2535 viewshoppy

Surprised we've not heard from sitters' mum, with her thoughts of becoming a grandma...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 02:27 - May 26 with 2523 viewsBinner

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 11:04 - May 26 with 2509 viewsRyorry

A BabySit moment for the board!

Congrats to you both, Sitters

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 11:09 - May 26 with 2506 viewsusm

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 01:47 - May 26 by hoppy

Surprised we've not heard from sitters' mum, with her thoughts of becoming a grandma...

Congrats Sitters..............Who'd have thought it.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 11:32 - May 26 with 2494 viewsitfcjoe

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:41 - May 25 by blueislander

That is really sad. I never really knew my grandfathers, and strangely neither did my sons. My grandaughters have us , and a grandfather of whom they see very little. This , in our opinion gives us every right to spoil them.

One of my Grandads died the week before my older sister was born, a Grandma died when i was 3 and her husband when I had just turned 5 - my last Nan died when I was 9.

When you grow up you just assume that is normal as it's all you've known but the ages at which they died makes me so sad now - my Mum's died after a long battle with breast cancer at 47 and her husband who was mega fit had a massive heart attack at 55.

Now I see my parents with my kid and my sisters children I feel like I missed out on all that - and hope they have their grandparents for a number of years yet!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 11:37 - May 26 with 2485 viewsJimmy86

Congrats Sitters!! Clearly knew where the back of the net is 😜

Kids are great, but can be very trying. They also don't come with an instruction manual haha.

My boy is 5 in August, time flies
Login to get fewer ads

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 11:41 - May 26 with 2479 viewsKieran_Knows

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 11:32 - May 26 by itfcjoe

One of my Grandads died the week before my older sister was born, a Grandma died when i was 3 and her husband when I had just turned 5 - my last Nan died when I was 9.

When you grow up you just assume that is normal as it's all you've known but the ages at which they died makes me so sad now - my Mum's died after a long battle with breast cancer at 47 and her husband who was mega fit had a massive heart attack at 55.

Now I see my parents with my kid and my sisters children I feel like I missed out on all that - and hope they have their grandparents for a number of years yet!

My Dad lost his Mum and Dad in a space of a year when he was just 16/17, so unfortunately I've (obviously) never had grandparents that side. I only ever knew my great Nana from my Dad's side, although I was very young at the time so only have very rare memories of her.

My Mum's side however, my Grandad lived till he was 93, although he had unfortunately suffered with Alzheimer's for 10 years plus. My Nana had lived till 90 and was doing just fine, until she suddenly passed away, they were both in the space of a year as well (2013/2014). At least they had a good innings, and I was able to see them for the best part of 20 years of my life.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 12:03 - May 26 with 2465 viewsSuttonTB

Great news Sitters. My advice would be as follows:-
1) Dont stress or worry - it all seems to work out in the end.
2) Dont buy loads of clothes as he or she wont wear them much and sometimes not more than three or four times.
3) Dont wish for first words / first steps - it will happen quickly enough as it is and enjoy the moment.
4) Do look to friends / family for help and advice.
5) Do change you priorities and put you baby first above all else.
6) Hope that he / she sees ITFC in the Prem league at some point in their life.

Basically mate dont stress - lifes too short and enjoy every minute you spend with your baby as before you know it they will be all grown up.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 12:05]

Poll: Wld u prefer to go to Prem, have a season like Villa or go down/rebuild/ enjoy?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 14:51 - May 26 with 2438 viewsDurovigutum

However much money you have now, it isn't enough.
Sleep. Have lie in's. Do nothing. You won't be able to for another 12+ years.
Enjoy your wife, you will go from being her 99% attention to her 1% for at least a year.
It really is difficult, you will wonder what idiot put you in charge of another humans life and in the first few weeks wake up in a cold sweat.

But once you get through it, assuming you have the kahunas to get through the difficult bits, it's brilliant. My oldest is nearly 7, we have just spent three days in Stockholm at the UEFA cup final and we've had a great time. Every night when we check on them before going to bed and you see them lying there like little angels anything they might have done during the day vanishes and you feel like you might burst with the emotion.

Like everything in life, you get out what you put in but with parenting the rewards are multiplied a few times!
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 16:25 - May 26 with 2417 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good stuff, congrats Sitters

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 17:28 - May 26 with 2399 viewsjas0999

Good news. Congratulations.

Best advice is don't listen to any advice (unless from medical professionals in regards to health of baby). Everyone will have an opinion. Everyone will tell you what to do and how they did it. You will make mistakes, but bring your child up the way you want.
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 17:39 - May 26 with 2396 viewshoppy

One word of advice: Make sure you've got the baby registered and got the birth certificate before you go to get a season ticket for them... even if you're holding the baby, they need proof of existence in paper form...

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 17:41 - May 26 with 2395 viewsMJallday

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:34 - May 25 by factual_blue

My grandfather abandoned his wife and three young children (the oldest being my dad who would have been no more than ten or twelve at the time.

My grandmother died before I was born.

My grandfather died when I was twelve (1967). His existence was kept secret from me, and I only found out when my mother died in 1990. I never knew a single thing about my mother's family; even her best friend from her teenage years - my uncle's wife - didn't know anything about mum's family.

I still find that all a bit painful.

very sad facters

my grandfather on my fathers side died (natural causes) when i was very little so i didnt really ever get to meet/know him - i certainly cant remember him

my grandfather on my mums side, well thats a bit more complex. He commited suicide. right outside our house, using a car and an exhaust pipe i understand.

i remember seeing him the day before he died. i was 4. i can picture him to this day, he'd come round and was chatting with my mum about something the previous night. couldnt tell you what. i just remember him sat there at our table.

ive never pried into the reasons why he might have done it, im sure he had them. there were rumours that my nan had had an affair - i really dont know. its not the sort of thing you bring up is it?. it was 35 years ago - so ill probably never know. all i know is that i missed out on a granddad that i dont want my kids to do.

sorry to bring mood down. bit sh1t really.

edit - dont want my post on sitters news to end like this - its a time of celebration.

sitters - there is some great advice on this thread. one thing that helped me was the NCT classes - some people slate them, but we can genuinely say that all of the couples we met we're still friends with - 9 years down the line. id recommend them
[Post edited 26 May 2017 17:43]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 17:44 - May 26 with 2389 viewshoppy

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 17:41 - May 26 by MJallday

very sad facters

my grandfather on my fathers side died (natural causes) when i was very little so i didnt really ever get to meet/know him - i certainly cant remember him

my grandfather on my mums side, well thats a bit more complex. He commited suicide. right outside our house, using a car and an exhaust pipe i understand.

i remember seeing him the day before he died. i was 4. i can picture him to this day, he'd come round and was chatting with my mum about something the previous night. couldnt tell you what. i just remember him sat there at our table.

ive never pried into the reasons why he might have done it, im sure he had them. there were rumours that my nan had had an affair - i really dont know. its not the sort of thing you bring up is it?. it was 35 years ago - so ill probably never know. all i know is that i missed out on a granddad that i dont want my kids to do.

sorry to bring mood down. bit sh1t really.

edit - dont want my post on sitters news to end like this - its a time of celebration.

sitters - there is some great advice on this thread. one thing that helped me was the NCT classes - some people slate them, but we can genuinely say that all of the couples we met we're still friends with - 9 years down the line. id recommend them
[Post edited 26 May 2017 17:43]

With regards the last point, were the keys in the bowl optional at your group?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 17:52 - May 26 with 2381 viewsMJallday

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 17:44 - May 26 by hoppy

With regards the last point, were the keys in the bowl optional at your group?

manditory

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 18:54 - May 26 with 2344 viewsWarkystache

Congrats matey!!

Hope it inherits its mum's ears though!

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024