Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? 19:06 - May 25 with 8724 viewsSitfcB

Me and my girlfriend are expecting a baby, due in December.

Can't believe it myself and I've known since the end of March!

Any words of advice/wisdom greatly received.

Excited and worried!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 19:55 - May 25 with 1854 viewsitfcjoe

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 19:50 - May 25 by Reuser_is_God

I've been back at work this week so I've been doing the 11pm feed then the missus has done during the night, that works well for us as I'm a deep sleeper & don't get disrupted by her waking.

Good to get that feed pulled forward to about 10pm....! Yeah that's what we do, change over at weekends, which can get me in trouble if I get drunk and I don't take the baton....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 19:57 - May 25 with 1851 viewsElderGrizzly

Congratulations! Bets on the baby growing a real beard sooner than you :)

I'll pop back in October as i'll have 3 months experience by then...
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:08 - May 25 with 1830 viewsDanTheMan

Congrats man!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:13 - May 25 with 1818 viewsMaySixth

Get on with it

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:16 - May 25 with 1817 viewsBluebell

Congratulations Sitters.

It doesn't seem that long ago when you were 18 and driving us mad.
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:19 - May 25 with 1808 viewsITFC_Forever

Congratulations dude....!

Try and take every moment in and enjoy it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:19 - May 25 with 1805 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tractor Girl is pregnant???????

Seriously though congratulations sitters.

Don't leave the babies booties outside your front door.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:25 - May 25 with 1797 viewshoppy

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 19:23 - May 25 by SitfcB

Ha I know.....will have to strap it to me!

If you'd done that before, you wouldn't now have this predicament...

Oh, you meant the baby?

Congrats on your news, and making me feel even older...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:30 - May 25 with 1786 viewshoppy

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 19:53 - May 25 by factual_blue

Keep tabs on the little un's shoes......

Tabby's are probably a similar size...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:40 - May 25 with 1776 viewsStNeotsBlue

Congratulations. Best advice I ever received was ignore people who give you a load of baby advice. I've got 3 daughters and all the tricks that worked with one were useless with another. Although, watch out for the sneeze/fart combo when changing Jr's nappy my now ex-wife got a spectacular dirty facial from my youngest, one of the funniest things I've witnessed.
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:43 - May 25 with 1772 viewstextbackup

Congrats mate... you realise that all these years you've grafted visiting sht champ grounds in the hope you'd have a prem league season or two, well sure as hell we'll go up and you'll miss loads of games because of fatherhood!! 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:47 - May 25 with 1762 viewsSwailsey

Congrats man!

I don't think we've ever spoken in person, but wonderful news for you both!
[Post edited 25 May 2017 20:50]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:52 - May 25 with 1745 viewsMJallday

congrats.

lets see, advice.

nothing much will happen now. except your GF will suddenly decide that youll need every baby item under the sun. prepare to be skint.

baby will come along, itll be excitement for a few days, then nothing much will happen for a few weeks - youll still be skint and your friends will have f***d off leaving you too it.

after a few weeks - the baby will decide that being cute isnt what it wants to do and all hell will break loose. poo, vomit etc - youll be skint and youll be tired

this lasts about 2 years

after then, things get interesting, the baby starts to make noise/talk. youll be more skint and tired than ever - but its ok, because you can reason with a baby - right? wrong. babys are more unreasonable than women - and even more illogical.

this phase lasts until theyre about 3 or 4 .

when baby is about 4 - they learn to answer back/be cheeky - youll still be skint and you have to deal with schools. always fun - there is a plus side here - the yummy mummys.

so far this phase ive found goes on until they are 8. (or in my case 8 years , 5 months , 23 days and 16 hours.) not that im counting ...

in conclusion best thing youll ever do. best feeling in the world when i come home and my boys throw their arms round me - but get p1ssed now and i mean w***erd - because things like that will go out the window soon - as will all the other things you enjoy in life.

hth

mj
[Post edited 25 May 2017 20:54]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:56 - May 25 with 1731 viewsblueislander

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:47 - May 25 by Swailsey

Congrats man!

I don't think we've ever spoken in person, but wonderful news for you both!
[Post edited 25 May 2017 20:50]

Many congrats.
Only one thing better than being a parent: and that is being a grandparent. But you have a way to go before you reach that hallowed state.
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:58 - May 25 with 1726 viewsMJallday

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:56 - May 25 by blueislander

Many congrats.
Only one thing better than being a parent: and that is being a grandparent. But you have a way to go before you reach that hallowed state.

i have to say i second that.

i grew up without my grandparents (no chip shop related accidents here) but my boys have grown up with theirs - and they absolutely adore them.

plus the babysitting perks cannot be underestimated

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:58 - May 25 with 1728 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Great news Sitters congrats.

Why worried? nothing to worry about your life is about to change but it will be a wonderful experience.
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:25 - May 25 with 1700 viewsKieran_Knows

Congrats mate!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:34 - May 25 with 1689 viewsfactual_blue

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:58 - May 25 by MJallday

i have to say i second that.

i grew up without my grandparents (no chip shop related accidents here) but my boys have grown up with theirs - and they absolutely adore them.

plus the babysitting perks cannot be underestimated

My grandfather abandoned his wife and three young children (the oldest being my dad who would have been no more than ten or twelve at the time.

My grandmother died before I was born.

My grandfather died when I was twelve (1967). His existence was kept secret from me, and I only found out when my mother died in 1990. I never knew a single thing about my mother's family; even her best friend from her teenage years - my uncle's wife - didn't know anything about mum's family.

I still find that all a bit painful.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:41 - May 25 with 1676 viewsblueislander

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:34 - May 25 by factual_blue

My grandfather abandoned his wife and three young children (the oldest being my dad who would have been no more than ten or twelve at the time.

My grandmother died before I was born.

My grandfather died when I was twelve (1967). His existence was kept secret from me, and I only found out when my mother died in 1990. I never knew a single thing about my mother's family; even her best friend from her teenage years - my uncle's wife - didn't know anything about mum's family.

I still find that all a bit painful.

That is really sad. I never really knew my grandfathers, and strangely neither did my sons. My grandaughters have us , and a grandfather of whom they see very little. This , in our opinion gives us every right to spoil them.
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:45 - May 25 with 1671 viewsbrogansnose

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:52 - May 25 by MJallday

congrats.

lets see, advice.

nothing much will happen now. except your GF will suddenly decide that youll need every baby item under the sun. prepare to be skint.

baby will come along, itll be excitement for a few days, then nothing much will happen for a few weeks - youll still be skint and your friends will have f***d off leaving you too it.

after a few weeks - the baby will decide that being cute isnt what it wants to do and all hell will break loose. poo, vomit etc - youll be skint and youll be tired

this lasts about 2 years

after then, things get interesting, the baby starts to make noise/talk. youll be more skint and tired than ever - but its ok, because you can reason with a baby - right? wrong. babys are more unreasonable than women - and even more illogical.

this phase lasts until theyre about 3 or 4 .

when baby is about 4 - they learn to answer back/be cheeky - youll still be skint and you have to deal with schools. always fun - there is a plus side here - the yummy mummys.

so far this phase ive found goes on until they are 8. (or in my case 8 years , 5 months , 23 days and 16 hours.) not that im counting ...

in conclusion best thing youll ever do. best feeling in the world when i come home and my boys throw their arms round me - but get p1ssed now and i mean w***erd - because things like that will go out the window soon - as will all the other things you enjoy in life.

hth

mj
[Post edited 25 May 2017 20:54]

Pretty much all in this post.

Dis man nose stuff.
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 21:52 - May 25 with 1665 viewsconnorscontract

Great news! Congratulations!

Are you sure you're the father and not Jimmy Bullard, only I'm sure there's a clip of you on youtube somewhere singing to him that he was welcome to go right ahead.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 21:55]
We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 22:52 - May 25 with 1629 viewsfactual_blue

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 20:30 - May 25 by hoppy

Tabby's are probably a similar size...

...but more fantastic and professional.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 22:55 - May 25 with 1628 viewsDubtractor

Well done!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 23:13 - May 25 with 1617 viewsjeera

Congratulations chap.

Another Blue to counter the supposed diminishing number.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 23:15 - May 25 with 1610 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We all like a bit of good news don't we.....? on 23:13 - May 25 by jeera

Congratulations chap.

Another Blue to counter the supposed diminishing number.

I've heard Sitters plans to raise the littlun as a budgie..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024