Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? 00:51 - May 26 with 17510 viewsKievthegreat

Lead is down to 5% in yougov poll (only a single poll ATM and nothing is certain about the effect the Manchester bombing had), but interestingly you can see how the change in attitudes to polices since Labour and Conservatives have released their manifestos. Worth reading through all the yougov tweets and links to get all the breakdowns

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:37 - May 27 with 3751 viewsTractorWood

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 11:45 - May 27 by Herbivore

They're the main provider of medical care in the UK by a massive distance, medical negligence claims are big business for some law firms. That figure shouldn't be that surprising. I see you've skirted around rather than retracted your misleading claim, I wonder why.

Well, I've just countered argued your point that it related to multiple periods with the statement that it's deeply unsettling that the NHS can earmark 20 Wembley's with no rigour. Which you've not responded to, I wonder why.

Let's throw money at it, that will solve the clearly institutionalised issues.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:42]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:50 - May 27 with 3729 viewsHerbivore

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:37 - May 27 by TractorWood

Well, I've just countered argued your point that it related to multiple periods with the statement that it's deeply unsettling that the NHS can earmark 20 Wembley's with no rigour. Which you've not responded to, I wonder why.

Let's throw money at it, that will solve the clearly institutionalised issues.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:42]

Eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:23 - May 27 with 3703 viewsgordon

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:30 - May 26 by TractorWood

Broadly agree. I like the idea of Corbyn but him actually in government wouldn't work. NHS seems the hot button issue but until people acknowledge the tragic truth that it's economically unsustainable with an aging population, we'll never get anywhere. As Rommie posted the other day it's brilliant but miraculous it has lasted as long as it has.

5 biggest employer in the world and its budget as a country's GDP would make it the 57th biggest in the world.

The international evidence would suggest that single-payer health-care that's free at the point of use is the most cost-efficient way to deliver healthcare. Other funding models inevitably introduce more administration costs.

The absolute size of the NHS in comparison to national economies and the absolute number of people employed by the NHS are meaningless statistics.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:54 - May 27 with 3689 viewsHerbivore

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:23 - May 27 by gordon

The international evidence would suggest that single-payer health-care that's free at the point of use is the most cost-efficient way to deliver healthcare. Other funding models inevitably introduce more administration costs.

The absolute size of the NHS in comparison to national economies and the absolute number of people employed by the NHS are meaningless statistics.

Indeed. The NHS provides health care and treatment for 70m plus people, of course it's going to have a massive budget and be a massive employer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:35 - May 27 with 3674 viewslowhouseblue

tories back to a 12% lead now.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:44 - May 27 with 3656 viewsnoggin

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:30 - May 26 by TractorWood

Broadly agree. I like the idea of Corbyn but him actually in government wouldn't work. NHS seems the hot button issue but until people acknowledge the tragic truth that it's economically unsustainable with an aging population, we'll never get anywhere. As Rommie posted the other day it's brilliant but miraculous it has lasted as long as it has.

5 biggest employer in the world and its budget as a country's GDP would make it the 57th biggest in the world.

I got to "I like the idea of Corbyn but"

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 01:04 - May 28 with 3621 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:35 - May 27 by lowhouseblue

tories back to a 12% lead now.

In one poll,

whereas there are three others - with leads of 10, 7 and 6 points

even the Comres poll which has the 12 point lead had a lead of 18 points two weeks ago ... a drop of 33%

and these polls were taken after the Mnchester bomb where Corbyn has been portrayed in the right wing press as a friend of terrorists

you've less than two weeks to stop the slide

maybe you should use more of those odious facebook ads
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 08:48 - May 28 with 3600 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 01:04 - May 28 by HARRY10

In one poll,

even the Comres poll which has the 12 point lead had a lead of 18 points two weeks ago ... a drop of 33%

and these polls were taken after the Mnchester bomb where Corbyn has been portrayed in the right wing press as a friend of terrorists

you have a very odd idea of what success is. the tragedy is that the tories could easily have been beaten - they are running the most incompetent campaign imaginable. but they still have a double digit lead.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 8:52]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 08:55 - May 28 with 3597 viewsWD19

In one poll,

What is needed at this point is a not very accurate, but hard hitting social media meme. Ideally that can also be used as a caption competition.

I was about to say I am sure Archer will be along shortly to help us.....but he has been strangely absent the past couple of weeks......
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 09:03 - May 28 with 3589 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 08:55 - May 28 by WD19

What is needed at this point is a not very accurate, but hard hitting social media meme. Ideally that can also be used as a caption competition.

I was about to say I am sure Archer will be along shortly to help us.....but he has been strangely absent the past couple of weeks......

there's this video which has been viewed 1.6 million times?

https://order-order.com/2017/05/27/corbyn-ira-attack-ad-hits-1-million-views/

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 09:35 - May 28 with 3554 viewsGlasgowBlue

In one poll,

You appear to have deliberately left out the lastest ICM poll which shows a 14 point lead for the Tories.

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/status/868596179260645376

So just a 90 seat majority then. What a disaster for the Tories.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 09:49 - May 28 with 3555 viewsElderGrizzly

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 09:35 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

You appear to have deliberately left out the lastest ICM poll which shows a 14 point lead for the Tories.

Your lot have just been helped by Dianne Abbott on Andrew Marr this morning...

She just said this:
Marr:"Do you stand by your support of the IRA 34yrs ago"
DA: "I don't have the same hairstyle now"
[Post edited 28 May 2017 9:53]
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:02 - May 28 with 3544 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 09:49 - May 28 by ElderGrizzly

Your lot have just been helped by Dianne Abbott on Andrew Marr this morning...

She just said this:
Marr:"Do you stand by your support of the IRA 34yrs ago"
DA: "I don't have the same hairstyle now"
[Post edited 28 May 2017 9:53]

hmmm, supporting the ira was just a fashion statement. nice. che guevara posters, motor cycle holidays behind the iron curtain, and support for murderers. that's how hip abbott and corbyn were.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:03 - May 28 with 3539 viewsBlueAllOver

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 09:35 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Blimey if you can't get a big majority when up against the damaged goods of Corbyn, McDonnell & Abbott, and with a heavily biased right-wing press, then will you do? Imagine
if Labour only had a strong leader without a chequered past, although May wouldn't have called the election, would she?

Truly awful PM just trying to get by with saying as little as possible.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:06 - May 28 with 3528 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:03 - May 28 by BlueAllOver

Blimey if you can't get a big majority when up against the damaged goods of Corbyn, McDonnell & Abbott, and with a heavily biased right-wing press, then will you do? Imagine
if Labour only had a strong leader without a chequered past, although May wouldn't have called the election, would she?

Truly awful PM just trying to get by with saying as little as possible.

Without Corbyn, Labour would have a standard centre right politician pandering to Essex man. End result? Further deterioration in heartland vote and an election fought only on Brexit posturing.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:44 - May 28 with 3495 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:06 - May 28 by Gromheort

Without Corbyn, Labour would have a standard centre right politician pandering to Essex man. End result? Further deterioration in heartland vote and an election fought only on Brexit posturing.

why do you think he'll only refer to them as 'prisoners' rather than 'terrorists' or 'murderers'?

do you think it's just habit, or does he still think that they were 'political prisoners'?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:54 - May 28 with 3485 viewsDarth_Koont

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:44 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

why do you think he'll only refer to them as 'prisoners' rather than 'terrorists' or 'murderers'?

do you think it's just habit, or does he still think that they were 'political prisoners'?

Do you disagree with the reconciliation approach taken in South Africa?

Pronouns: He/Him

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:57 - May 28 with 3476 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:54 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

Do you disagree with the reconciliation approach taken in South Africa?

why does corbyn refer to 'prisoners' rather than ' terrorists' or 'murderers'?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 11:08 - May 28 with 3466 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:44 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

Because they were former prisoners? You're a good poster child for Toryism dear chap!
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 11:10 - May 28 with 3462 viewsDarth_Koont

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:57 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

why does corbyn refer to 'prisoners' rather than ' terrorists' or 'murderers'?

Because that is what reconciliation and ultimately peace is all about. Military force only works on an enemy you can actually defeat. You need to remove the violence and the language of violence from a conflict that involves legitimate underlying concerns and substantial support from the civilian population - or your armed response and posturing effectively becomes a never-ending recruitment drive.

Do you disagree with reconciliation as an approach?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 11:20 - May 28 with 3436 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 10:02 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

hmmm, supporting the ira was just a fashion statement. nice. che guevara posters, motor cycle holidays behind the iron curtain, and support for murderers. that's how hip abbott and corbyn were.

I'm not an IRA sympathiser
So don't forget it
It's just a silly phase I'm going through
I keep Che's picture
Upon the wall
It hides a nasty stain that's lying there
So don't you ask me
To give it back
I know you know it doesn't mean that much to me
I'm not an IRA sympathiser, no no, it's because

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 11:58 - May 28 with 3416 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 11:10 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

Because that is what reconciliation and ultimately peace is all about. Military force only works on an enemy you can actually defeat. You need to remove the violence and the language of violence from a conflict that involves legitimate underlying concerns and substantial support from the civilian population - or your armed response and posturing effectively becomes a never-ending recruitment drive.

Do you disagree with reconciliation as an approach?

"You need to remove the violence and the language of violence from a conflict that involves legitimate underlying concerns"

now we're getting there - it's taken a couple of weeks but we're getting there. corbyn's view is that they weren't terrorists and he supported their objectives. nice.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 11:59]

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:03 - May 28 with 3403 viewsDarth_Koont

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 11:58 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

"You need to remove the violence and the language of violence from a conflict that involves legitimate underlying concerns"

now we're getting there - it's taken a couple of weeks but we're getting there. corbyn's view is that they weren't terrorists and he supported their objectives. nice.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 11:59]

Clearly your idea of getting there is going round and round in a tight circle.

I'm not sure what you don't get.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:08 - May 28 with 3386 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:03 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

Clearly your idea of getting there is going round and round in a tight circle.

I'm not sure what you don't get.

corbyn supported the ira. he thinks the fact of their imprisonment is more significant than the fact of their crimes. he is unfit to hold any high office.

unlike some i don't think jeremy corbyn came into existence in 2015. i'm not prepared to write off everything he said and did prior to that. i have followed his work since 1983 and i know exactly what he is and what he has supported. the idea of corbyn as a peace maker is a lie on an industrial scale. the people who have pushed that line as a bit of general election spin should be ashamed of themselves.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:09 - May 28 with 3380 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:08 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

corbyn supported the ira. he thinks the fact of their imprisonment is more significant than the fact of their crimes. he is unfit to hold any high office.

unlike some i don't think jeremy corbyn came into existence in 2015. i'm not prepared to write off everything he said and did prior to that. i have followed his work since 1983 and i know exactly what he is and what he has supported. the idea of corbyn as a peace maker is a lie on an industrial scale. the people who have pushed that line as a bit of general election spin should be ashamed of themselves.

The idea of a peace activist supporting terrorism does have comedy value. There's always value in Tory smears.Cheers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024