Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? 00:51 - May 26 with 17519 viewsKievthegreat

Lead is down to 5% in yougov poll (only a single poll ATM and nothing is certain about the effect the Manchester bombing had), but interestingly you can see how the change in attitudes to polices since Labour and Conservatives have released their manifestos. Worth reading through all the yougov tweets and links to get all the breakdowns

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:12 - May 28 with 1913 viewsDarth_Koont

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:08 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

corbyn supported the ira. he thinks the fact of their imprisonment is more significant than the fact of their crimes. he is unfit to hold any high office.

unlike some i don't think jeremy corbyn came into existence in 2015. i'm not prepared to write off everything he said and did prior to that. i have followed his work since 1983 and i know exactly what he is and what he has supported. the idea of corbyn as a peace maker is a lie on an industrial scale. the people who have pushed that line as a bit of general election spin should be ashamed of themselves.

You need to give the party politics a break. It's clearly narrowing your mind.

Pronouns: He/Him

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:32 - May 28 with 1877 viewsGunnsAirkick

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:08 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

corbyn supported the ira. he thinks the fact of their imprisonment is more significant than the fact of their crimes. he is unfit to hold any high office.

unlike some i don't think jeremy corbyn came into existence in 2015. i'm not prepared to write off everything he said and did prior to that. i have followed his work since 1983 and i know exactly what he is and what he has supported. the idea of corbyn as a peace maker is a lie on an industrial scale. the people who have pushed that line as a bit of general election spin should be ashamed of themselves.

In that case you'll be willing to critisise Tony Blair, who blindly took us into an illegal war in Iraq causing huge instability in the region. This allowed one of the largest, most heinous terrorist organisations in history to take root.

I'll agree Corbyn was wrong in some of his actions (and you know I'm not his biggest fan). Will you say the same of Blair?
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:38 - May 28 with 1863 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:32 - May 28 by GunnsAirkick

In that case you'll be willing to critisise Tony Blair, who blindly took us into an illegal war in Iraq causing huge instability in the region. This allowed one of the largest, most heinous terrorist organisations in history to take root.

I'll agree Corbyn was wrong in some of his actions (and you know I'm not his biggest fan). Will you say the same of Blair?

it wasn't an illegal war, but i agree that the post-conflict planning and strategy was non-exisistant and therefore the decision to take action was reckless. the inability to anticipate the consequences is a huge policy failing and that failure must lie with blair.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:08 - May 28 with 1803 viewsDolly2.0

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 09:35 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

You appear to have deliberately left out the lastest ICM poll which shows a 14 point lead for the Tories.

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/status/868596179260645376

So just a 90 seat majority then. What a disaster for the Tories.

Cherry picker.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:23 - May 28 with 1775 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:08 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

Cherry picker.

Yes Harry was cherry picking. He listed all the polls except the ICM poll because that was the poll showing the best lead for the Tories.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:29 - May 28 with 1771 viewsvapour_trail

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 12:38 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

it wasn't an illegal war, but i agree that the post-conflict planning and strategy was non-exisistant and therefore the decision to take action was reckless. the inability to anticipate the consequences is a huge policy failing and that failure must lie with blair.

Ha ha. Clown.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:32 - May 28 with 1760 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:29 - May 28 by vapour_trail

Ha ha. Clown.

ha ha. clown.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:35 - May 28 with 1750 viewsDolly2.0

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:23 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Yes Harry was cherry picking. He listed all the polls except the ICM poll because that was the poll showing the best lead for the Tories.

He listed several polls. You think things are done and dusted on the evidence of (the) one (you cherry picked).

Are you getting nervous yet?

Login to get fewer ads

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:37 - May 28 with 1729 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:35 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

He listed several polls. You think things are done and dusted on the evidence of (the) one (you cherry picked).

why would he be nervous when the average of the 4 most recent polls gives the tories a 9% lead? has there been an election since 97 when with about a week to go a party has had a 9% lead?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:38 - May 28 with 1727 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:23 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

You appear to judge other folks by your own standards.

I did not 'cherry pick', I merely quoted the four polls as posted by the media source I was using late at night. If I had have been taking your approach then why would I have included the 12 point gap ?

If you care to look back on my posts you will see that I have always qualified comments regarding polls by stating that they are only a snapshot of a few voters intentions at that moment - and that things can and usually do change.

However, the lead is narrowing as of this moment, and given how Corbyn has been portrayed as the devil incarnate by your press I would be a little bit concerned that far from causing is position to worsen he is actually doing better in the polls with his party and hius personal rating.

So perhaps you might care to ask yourself why May is promising to bring back grammar schools and fox hunting, the latter having an 84% (about) disapproval amongst the voters ?

Is she trying to throw the election ?
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:42 - May 28 with 1702 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:35 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

Lowhouse listed one poll. Harry listed another three. I pointed out that he hadn't listed the one with the best Tory lead.

I was pointing out that he was cherry picking ffs. I wasn't saying this is the only poll. I was telling him he left the best one out.

Please try to learn the meaning of words.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 18:43]

Iron Lion Zion

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:47 - May 28 with 1690 viewsWD19

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:38 - May 28 by HARRY10

You appear to judge other folks by your own standards.

I did not 'cherry pick', I merely quoted the four polls as posted by the media source I was using late at night. If I had have been taking your approach then why would I have included the 12 point gap ?

If you care to look back on my posts you will see that I have always qualified comments regarding polls by stating that they are only a snapshot of a few voters intentions at that moment - and that things can and usually do change.

However, the lead is narrowing as of this moment, and given how Corbyn has been portrayed as the devil incarnate by your press I would be a little bit concerned that far from causing is position to worsen he is actually doing better in the polls with his party and hius personal rating.

So perhaps you might care to ask yourself why May is promising to bring back grammar schools and fox hunting, the latter having an 84% (about) disapproval amongst the voters ?

Is she trying to throw the election ?

A free vote on fox hunting and bringing back fox hunting are two very different things.

It's akin to a party promising a free vote on promoting Town to the premier league. Town fans will vote for them, but it will never actually pass/happen in reality.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:50 - May 28 with 1670 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:47 - May 28 by WD19

A free vote on fox hunting and bringing back fox hunting are two very different things.

It's akin to a party promising a free vote on promoting Town to the premier league. Town fans will vote for them, but it will never actually pass/happen in reality.

And a free vote on fox hunting has been in the last three Tory manifestos. Angry Harry seems to think this is something new.

Iron Lion Zion

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:52 - May 28 with 1671 viewsDolly2.0

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:37 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

why would he be nervous when the average of the 4 most recent polls gives the tories a 9% lead? has there been an election since 97 when with about a week to go a party has had a 9% lead?

The trend, though, is an alarming slide for the Tories.

There are so many more people registering to vote than previously that they're spreading the voting day over two days. This will be mostly young people. Do you think they're registering to back Theresa May?

There were times when Trump and Brexit were laughable. They happened.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:59 - May 28 with 1648 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:52 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

There are so many more people registering to vote than previously that they're spreading the voting day over two days. This will be mostly young people. Do you think they're registering to back Theresa May?

Actual it's not an alarming slide for the Tories. The Tories have been polling in the mid forties consistently.

It's actually Labour who have been gaining.

edit. I have just re read your post. They are spreading voting over two days?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:15]

Iron Lion Zion

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:02 - May 28 with 1646 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:50 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

And a free vote on fox hunting has been in the last three Tory manifestos. Angry Harry seems to think this is something new.

oh dear

Perhaps if you read what I said, and others elsewhere, you would not need to make up so much.

My point was why include something that is only going to provoke 84% of the population ? I'm sure there are ideas that the Labour members would like introduced, but they are not so dim as to make them public at this stage.

So the question remains. Why ?
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:03 - May 28 with 1638 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:02 - May 28 by HARRY10

oh dear

Perhaps if you read what I said, and others elsewhere, you would not need to make up so much.

My point was why include something that is only going to provoke 84% of the population ? I'm sure there are ideas that the Labour members would like introduced, but they are not so dim as to make them public at this stage.

So the question remains. Why ?

Landowners have the room for those big Tory signs. Makes send to chuck em a bone with fox torture.

Shame Corbyn isn't a Georgist...
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:12 - May 28 with 1621 viewslowhouseblue

"There are so many more people registering to vote than previously that they're spreading the voting day over two days. "

you are joking aren't you? you can't really be that thick? really you can't.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:14 - May 28 with 1609 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:59 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Actual it's not an alarming slide for the Tories. The Tories have been polling in the mid forties consistently.

It's actually Labour who have been gaining.

edit. I have just re read your post. They are spreading voting over two days?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:15]

And were those polls to be reflected in votes are we to imagine that they will have no effect on who is elected ?

From a poll rating of 50% to Labour's 25% five weeks ago, to what you have now is a slip.

Aside from the gap (25 points) it was a staggering double.

Since then the Tories have dropped around 15% of their poll ratings and Labour have gained around 50%.

Certainly the percentages will be different given the starting points, but you are beginning to move into the territory of no over all control. Sure the Tories could be well ahead of Labour in seats, but would face a possibly coalition of Lab/LDem and SNP.

One factor is that the large number of kippers returning to the Tories are in the south where their votes will merely add to the Tory winning margin in many seats, not add extra seats.

There is all to play for.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:16 - May 28 with 1596 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:12 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

"There are so many more people registering to vote than previously that they're spreading the voting day over two days. "

you are joking aren't you? you can't really be that thick? really you can't.

He can. He really can.

Iron Lion Zion

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:18 - May 28 with 1590 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:16 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

He can. He really can.

i do think this is an occasion when no one could complain if he had a swift edit.we should all look the other way.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:21 - May 28 with 1571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:18 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

i do think this is an occasion when no one could complain if he had a swift edit.we should all look the other way.

PrtScr for posterity.

I think he fell for this

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/406537/good-to-see-our-nation-getting-more-political

Iron Lion Zion

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:23 - May 28 with 1569 viewsgordon

Are you going to vote on the Thursday or Friday? In my constituency they've asked Theresa May supporters to vote on the first day of the election and Corbyn supporters to vote on the second day to make it easier to count the votes. Might be the same where you are.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:28 - May 28 with 1551 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:23 - May 28 by gordon

Are you going to vote on the Thursday or Friday? In my constituency they've asked Theresa May supporters to vote on the first day of the election and Corbyn supporters to vote on the second day to make it easier to count the votes. Might be the same where you are.

Dolly is in Brixton. That's Corbyn on Friday. Tories on Thursday.

Iron Lion Zion

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:28 - May 28 with 1551 viewsgordon

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:21 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

PrtScr for posterity.

I think he fell for this

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/406537/good-to-see-our-nation-getting-more-political

It's an old joke, it gets a run out at every Presidential election in the USA. Democrats on Tuesday, Republicans on Wednesday etc followed by much outrage at the subversion of democracy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024