Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? 00:51 - May 26 with 17509 viewsKievthegreat

Lead is down to 5% in yougov poll (only a single poll ATM and nothing is certain about the effect the Manchester bombing had), but interestingly you can see how the change in attitudes to polices since Labour and Conservatives have released their manifestos. Worth reading through all the yougov tweets and links to get all the breakdowns

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:29 - May 28 with 2469 viewsgordon

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:28 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Dolly is in Brixton. That's Corbyn on Friday. Tories on Thursday.

Lib Dems on Sunday morning before church.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:29 - May 28 with 2463 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:52 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

The trend, though, is an alarming slide for the Tories.

There are so many more people registering to vote than previously that they're spreading the voting day over two days. This will be mostly young people. Do you think they're registering to back Theresa May?

There were times when Trump and Brexit were laughable. They happened.

vote early, and vote often
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:33 - May 28 with 2444 viewsgordon

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:29 - May 28 by HARRY10

vote early, and vote often

I normally pop in a few extra voting slips. Everyone does, don't they?
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:38 - May 28 with 2430 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:37 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

why would he be nervous when the average of the 4 most recent polls gives the tories a 9% lead? has there been an election since 97 when with about a week to go a party has had a 9% lead?

yes

in 2001

the Labour lead was way above 9% in the week before the election - you can check here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_general_ele
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:40 - May 28 with 2424 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:38 - May 28 by HARRY10

yes

in 2001

the Labour lead was way above 9% in the week before the election - you can check here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_general_ele

who won? did they possibly win by a landslide?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:49 - May 28 with 2407 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:40 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

who won? did they possibly win by a landslide?

eh ?

what are you wittering on about ?
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:51 - May 28 with 2404 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:49 - May 28 by HARRY10

eh ?

what are you wittering on about ?

when labour had a 9% lead in 2001 did they then win by a landslide?

not a complicated question. try and keep up.

the answer is: yes, the last time someone had a 9% lead a week before an election they won the election by a landslide.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:56 - May 28 with 2395 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:51 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

when labour had a 9% lead in 2001 did they then win by a landslide?

not a complicated question. try and keep up.

the answer is: yes, the last time someone had a 9% lead a week before an election they won the election by a landslide.

jeez, you are dumber than I thought

Labour did not have a 9% lead - it was up to 23% on one poll and 19%, 18% and 17% in that week before the election (that could have been checked by following at the link)

And this is not a week before the election either (check the calendar)
Login to get fewer ads

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:36 - May 28 with 2364 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 19:56 - May 28 by HARRY10

jeez, you are dumber than I thought

Labour did not have a 9% lead - it was up to 23% on one poll and 19%, 18% and 17% in that week before the election (that could have been checked by following at the link)

And this is not a week before the election either (check the calendar)

a 9% lead gives the tories the best part of a 100 seat majority. so a landslide equivalent to 2001. not quite sure why you think that's a success?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:43 - May 28 with 2351 viewsBadgerBajner

Based on opinion polls of the last few General Elections and Brexit, I think we should stop considering them as any indication as to how people will vote. Tories will steamroller it, because when people step in to the booth, it will flash through people's mind "Corbyn, Prime Minister? Seriously?" Conservative X.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:00 - May 28 with 2326 viewsDolly2.0

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:59 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Actual it's not an alarming slide for the Tories. The Tories have been polling in the mid forties consistently.

It's actually Labour who have been gaining.

edit. I have just re read your post. They are spreading voting over two days?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:15]

Yes, I fell for Callis' joke. I'll be having a word with the shortarse.

Doesn't detract from my point though does it? Lots of people, lots more than usual, are signing up to vote.

You're in trouble.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:08 - May 28 with 2303 viewsDarth_Koont

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:43 - May 28 by BadgerBajner

Based on opinion polls of the last few General Elections and Brexit, I think we should stop considering them as any indication as to how people will vote. Tories will steamroller it, because when people step in to the booth, it will flash through people's mind "Corbyn, Prime Minister? Seriously?" Conservative X.

You don't think people are twigging how utterly awful May is? She can't even handle the job with the full support of a majority government.

Corbyn is a poor leader but incredibly he actually looks better. And that's without the weak Tory manifesto vs. a strong Labour one.

Pronouns: He/Him

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:10 - May 28 with 2298 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:43 - May 28 by BadgerBajner

Let's be honest. We can be shallow. We can read the papers and, as a reflex, grunt vacuous agreement. However, independent of the oligopolistic media's efforts, we've had the manifestos. The reality is available to us, despite the efforts to blinker. Suddenly we realise that Corbyn is not just a man of principle. He will ensure that the majority of us benefit when we vote against the elitist Tories.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:12 - May 28 with 2291 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:08 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

You don't think people are twigging how utterly awful May is? She can't even handle the job with the full support of a majority government.

Corbyn is a poor leader but incredibly he actually looks better. And that's without the weak Tory manifesto vs. a strong Labour one.

A man of principle isn't a poor leader. He's what the country has needed for yonks
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:15 - May 28 with 2273 viewsDarth_Koont

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:12 - May 28 by Gromheort

A man of principle isn't a poor leader. He's what the country has needed for yonks

I don't disagree but I still don't think he's a leader in any real sense.

Not sure whether we actually need a leader as such but I'm sure that perception will affect Labour at the ballot box.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:17 - May 28 with 2264 viewslowhouseblue

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:00 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

Yes, I fell for Callis' joke. I'll be having a word with the shortarse.

Doesn't detract from my point though does it? Lots of people, lots more than usual, are signing up to vote.

You're in trouble.

are the voter registration figures really different from 2015?

and i'm afraid, yes, it really does detract from your point.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:20 - May 28 with 2241 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:15 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

Not sure whether we actually need a leader as such but I'm sure that perception will affect Labour at the ballot box.

How he survived the chicken coup is the type of leadership we need. No matter the crassness, stick with core beliefs.

The issue could be ideological blinkering of course, where compromise is needed. However, we've seen right wing consensus for so long I can't see that being an issue. A belief in social democracy is needed to get us back on track.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:29 - May 28 with 2215 viewsDarth_Koont

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:20 - May 28 by Gromheort

How he survived the chicken coup is the type of leadership we need. No matter the crassness, stick with core beliefs.

The issue could be ideological blinkering of course, where compromise is needed. However, we've seen right wing consensus for so long I can't see that being an issue. A belief in social democracy is needed to get us back on track.

I don't really disagree. And of course the PLP have done an awful job of maintaining core beliefs or bolstering Corbyn in the way the Conservatives have done for May from day one.

Our electorate don't have the patience for issues though - too many still want a salesman who says everything will be alright. That's where Corbyn falls down electorally because he isn't prepared to do that. The 7/10 verdict on the EU is a classic case - it may be the right, honest and balanced answer but people see it as non-committal.

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:34 - May 28 with 2197 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:29 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

I don't really disagree. And of course the PLP have done an awful job of maintaining core beliefs or bolstering Corbyn in the way the Conservatives have done for May from day one.

Our electorate don't have the patience for issues though - too many still want a salesman who says everything will be alright. That's where Corbyn falls down electorally because he isn't prepared to do that. The 7/10 verdict on the EU is a classic case - it may be the right, honest and balanced answer but people see it as non-committal.

I'd say there has been a change in attitudes. "Suit and Soundbite" isn't enough anymore. We're typically caught up on the likes of Blair, when in reality he became a vote loser.

We do have the media bias issue. I can see, for example, why Labour members wanted Jarvis (given his military background makes him more difficult to attack). But the truth is that Labour needs to be seen as radical. It can no longer pander to the right wing consensus. In that sense, Corbyn is akin to Thatcher (and I hated typing that!) as he kicks the old political guard into touch
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:48 - May 28 with 2171 viewsHARRY10

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 20:36 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

a 9% lead gives the tories the best part of a 100 seat majority. so a landslide equivalent to 2001. not quite sure why you think that's a success?

oh dear, I'm not too sure whether you really are this dim, or just pretending to be some kind of brexiteer

the polls that give you this 9 point lead were taken just over TWO weeks before the election

if the polls were to continue in this Tory slide and Labour increase there would be a hung Parliament, with the likelihood that Labour would form a coalition government

that does not take into account tactical voting, the huge number of youngsters who have registered to vote either

and perhaps you could stop making stuff up - at no point have I talked about success, what I have repeatedly talked about is failure, being Teresa May's failure if she does not achieve a big enough margin so as to control the disquiet in her party - which at the moment that is looking more and more the result
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:52 - May 28 with 2164 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 18:35 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

He listed several polls. You think things are done and dusted on the evidence of (the) one (you cherry picked).

Are you getting nervous yet?

I hope you realise that, whatever you think, you won't be getting a flat in London out of this. Quite the opposite.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:52 - May 28 with 2163 viewsWD19

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:15 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

He is not a man of principle either....as anyone who has had any dealings with him will testify!!

I really don't know where this myth has come from. He is a puppet for his mate McDonnell who should really be standing in his own right. Love him or loathe him he has considerably more substance than Corbyn.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:57 - May 28 with 2150 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:52 - May 28 by WD19

He is not a man of principle either....as anyone who has had any dealings with him will testify!!

I really don't know where this myth has come from. He is a puppet for his mate McDonnell who should really be standing in his own right. Love him or loathe him he has considerably more substance than Corbyn.

A lot of words to say nothing. Congrats!
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 22:00 - May 28 with 2139 viewsWD19

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 21:57 - May 28 by Gromheort

A lot of words to say nothing. Congrats!

None that will have registered with you, admittedly. Please accept my apologies.
Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 22:01 - May 28 with 2135 viewsGromheort

Could Theresa May Have Blown It? on 22:00 - May 28 by WD19

None that will have registered with you, admittedly. Please accept my apologies.

I understood every word. Just a shame there was no content in it. But I accept your apologies. Cheers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024