Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC 10:46 - May 26 with 9016 viewsSuperfrans

...or, "left my mutual agreement".

Cue certain Tories on here suggesting this is some form of censorship. Really, my heart bleeds.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:48 - May 26 with 4470 viewsfeelingblue

Doesn't matter what your political allegiances might be, we all need to fight against opinions being formed by assertion and lie, rather than fact and analysis. Getting her off the air would be a good start.
Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:51 - May 26 with 4455 viewsMJallday

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:48 - May 26 by feelingblue

Doesn't matter what your political allegiances might be, we all need to fight against opinions being formed by assertion and lie, rather than fact and analysis. Getting her off the air would be a good start.

at the end of the day shes just a noisemaker.

theres plenty more i'd get off the air too

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:53 - May 26 with 4411 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good she's an unpleasant and vile woman.

Not so sure you needed to make your final comment witch shows a certain type of prejudice on your make up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:55 - May 26 with 4419 viewsSwansea_Blue

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:53 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Not so sure you needed to make your final comment witch shows a certain type of prejudice on your make up.

Indeed. I can't think of anyone I've ever met or seen on here who thinks she's not a nasty piece of work.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:56 - May 26 with 4418 viewsSuperfrans

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:53 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Says the man with a "Scottish Conservatives" avatar.

And I'm not wearing make-up. Today... ;-)

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 11:11 - May 26 with 4369 viewsHarryWright

I don't mind someone who says it as it is and doesn't hold back but Hopkins was too much.
Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 11:37 - May 26 with 4311 viewsBergholtBru

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 10:55 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed. I can't think of anyone I've ever met or seen on here who thinks she's not a nasty piece of work.

Actually I have a lot of time for her and for a lot of what she says.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 12:34 - May 26 with 4231 viewsDarth_Koont

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 11:11 - May 26 by HarryWright

I don't mind someone who says it as it is and doesn't hold back but Hopkins was too much.

But she didn't" say it as it is"— that's most of her problem.

She's a lying, trolling fear-monger who lacks empathy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 12:37 - May 26 with 4219 viewsSwansea_Blue

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 12:34 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

But she didn't" say it as it is"— that's most of her problem.

She's a lying, trolling fear-monger who lacks empathy.

Or as her fellow LBC presenter, James O'Brien, described her on air... "a monstrous self-publicist" who "employs the most vile of thoughts and language in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and get noticed".

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 12:45 - May 26 with 4189 viewsnoggin

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 11:37 - May 26 by BergholtBru

Yawn.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 12:55 - May 26 with 4148 viewsNo9

I somehow thought you would

Which suggest you have extremely low & uneducated standards dear boy
Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 12:58 - May 26 with 4150 viewshype313

Good, but you do have to question why they gave her a job in the first place.

I'd put money on the Mail not doing the same.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:34 - May 26 with 4081 viewsDoobDude

It is a form of censorship though.

If what she is saying isn't illegal then why can't she say it publicly?
Why not debate people like Hopkins? Just don't listen if she winds you up that much.

We should never celebrate when somebody is not allowed to publicly air their views.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:37 - May 26 with 4068 viewsgiant_stow

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:34 - May 26 by DoobDude

Why not debate people like Hopkins? Just don't listen if she winds you up that much.

We should never celebrate when somebody is not allowed to publicly air their views.

she can say whatever she likes on twitter / online - no censorship

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:39 - May 26 with 4056 viewsElderGrizzly

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:37 - May 26 by giant_stow

Well i'd say the two court cases she has lost by saying "what she wants" online, have proven there is of a sort....
Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:39 - May 26 with 4056 viewsDarth_Koont

There is no debating with her. She's a toxic demagogue with a core support too ignorant to weigh up the evidence. She'll never discuss anything because she has absolutely no need to.

BTW I think her "final solution" line was on the edge of being a hate crime and certainly a sackable offence. So personally I'm dancing a jig in celebration.

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:41 - May 26 with 4052 viewsSwailsey

Yawn.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:46 - May 26 with 4027 viewsgiant_stow

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:39 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

Well i'd say the two court cases she has lost by saying "what she wants" online, have proven there is of a sort....

fair enough, but you know what i mean - she has plenty of followers to get her message out to.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:49 - May 26 with 4015 viewstcblue

She is allowed to publicly air her views, her employers also have the right to no longer pay her for doing that.

Don't make this a freedom of speech or censorship issue because she's a professional troll who has outrageous views for money.
Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:51 - May 26 with 4005 viewsDoobDude

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:39 - May 26 by Darth_Koont

There is no debating with her. She's a toxic demagogue with a core support too ignorant to weigh up the evidence. She'll never discuss anything because she has absolutely no need to.

BTW I think her "final solution" line was on the edge of being a hate crime and certainly a sackable offence. So personally I'm dancing a jig in celebration.

Then ignore her.

I was contracting at the Mail Online in Kensington last year. If her article wasn't attracting enough hits she would call the Social Media team and ask them to publicise it. She wants a reaction, don't give her the satisfaction. And don't dance a jig ffs.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:52 - May 26 with 3993 viewsSuperfrans

I don't listen to her. I have her Twitter account blocked and muted too.

She lies, expresses extreme views for money and offers no debate.
She's not being censored. She's been sacked because she's a vile, hate-preaching racist.
The fact the same station continues to employ Nigel Farage highlights how far beyond the pale she is.

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:55 - May 26 with 3983 viewsDarth_Koont

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:51 - May 26 by DoobDude

Then ignore her.

I was contracting at the Mail Online in Kensington last year. If her article wasn't attracting enough hits she would call the Social Media team and ask them to publicise it. She wants a reaction, don't give her the satisfaction. And don't dance a jig ffs.

??

Ignoring Katie Hopkins is like asking someone not to think of an elephant. The only way I can ignore her is if everyone else does in the media and on social media.

So companies not paying her to bait the Internet is a step in the right direction.

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:55 - May 26 with 3979 viewsSuperfrans

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:51 - May 26 by DoobDude

Then ignore her.

You don't seem to connect the dots between what she says and the influence this has on other people and on society as a whole. Even if I don't hear or read her, she still affects the society I live in. The society will be better off with her influence diluted or removed.

IMHO.

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 08:41 - May 27 with 3787 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 13:37 - May 26 by giant_stow

Wrong, Twitter is censored.

BOT

Katie Hopkins has been canned by LBC on 08:44 - May 27 with 3774 viewsMullet

She's a hate preacher for Little England.

Also interesting to see Milo now complaining of a media witch hunt and people storing up information to bring him down, rather than take responsibility for a brief career provoking, manipulating and seeking attention coming back to bite him.

I doubt the tide is turning, but a sign that the current exponents of right-wing propaganda have had their time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024