Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well said Tim Farron 10:56 - May 26 with 15893 viewsGlasgowBlue

Calling Corbyn out.

[Post edited 26 May 2017 10:56]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well said Tim Farron on 12:24 - May 26 with 1578 viewsDolly2.0

Well said Tim Farron on 12:00 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

The only hypocrite here is Corbyn. He has voted against every piece of anti terror legislation ever put forward. He has spent his entire political life making excuses for terrorists who blow up kids in the north of England.

Just stop Glassers. Desist. Everyone can see what you're doing. Everyone can see what Fallon is doing.

Look at the responses in this thread.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Well said Tim Farron on 12:29 - May 26 with 1565 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 12:24 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

Just stop Glassers. Desist. Everyone can see what you're doing. Everyone can see what Fallon is doing.

Look at the responses in this thread.

Farron not Fallon. Two different people.

Care to address this?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/406477/3627640/well-said-tim-farron/#post3627640

I'm genuinely interested in your response.

Edit. I assume you and any of the other Corbyn apologists have zero answer to this.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 13:20]

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 12:33 - May 26 with 1541 viewshomer_123

Well said Tim Farron on 12:22 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

how do you feel about ukip using Manchester as an opportunity to push an anti-immigration line? is it just that you don't agree with their anti-immigration line, or do you feel it is wrong for them to use this tragedy for their own nasty ends?

what's the difference between that and corbyn?

Where are UKIP using Manchester in this way?

I followed the Grad coverage of their manifesto and they are suggesting that May take some of the blame.....but I'm not sure I've seen them 'use' Manchester.

Given you state 'own nasty ends' , I'll again point out that this seems more to do with your viewpoint than a wider objective view of the situation.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well said Tim Farron on 12:39 - May 26 with 1527 viewsBogblue

Well said Tim Farron on 11:49 - May 26 by homer_123

Any person that doesn't think that our foreign policy or interventions abroad won't affect how we are viewed by others, and therefore the negative (and positive) effects and consequences this might have, needs their head testing.

It's not just our current policy but both recent and more historical policies and approaches.

As for timing...I disagree with you, 2 weeks before an election and Corbyn talks about something that any political party needs to talk about (Manchester's tradegy aside), he's quite right to do so. I will also point out that, whether you agree with him or not, he's been far more consistent with these views than most politicians over the years....

yes and this is inflammatory imho

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/manchester-bomb-raf-photo-with-lo
Well said Tim Farron on 12:40 - May 26 with 1525 viewslowhouseblue

Well said Tim Farron on 12:33 - May 26 by homer_123

Where are UKIP using Manchester in this way?

I followed the Grad coverage of their manifesto and they are suggesting that May take some of the blame.....but I'm not sure I've seen them 'use' Manchester.

Given you state 'own nasty ends' , I'll again point out that this seems more to do with your viewpoint than a wider objective view of the situation.

suzanne evans on manchester: "'As I said, I think when 9/11 happened we should have had a serious rethink about immigration, it didn't happen.' She added: 'Frankly, if they're not prepared to stand up and do what needs to be done to keep people safe then they're simply not fit to govern.

yes my viewpoint is that using manchester to push an anti-immigration line is pursuing a nasty end. do you not agree?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Well said Tim Farron on 12:42 - May 26 with 1510 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well said Tim Farron on 11:10 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

"in which he couldn't ignore the effect of British Foreign Policy on disaffected Muslim youth here in the context of what's happened"

Corbyn is saying, just 4 days after the Manchester bombing, that it is our fault. He's excusing the scumbag who carried out the attack.

He's also ignoring the point that Islamist terrorism such as 9/11 pre dates "the war on terror".

IS aren't sending people to kill us because of our foreign policy. They are killing us because they hate our liberal and free society.

Our equal rights for women. Our love of music. Our society that sees a man marry a man and a woman marry a woman.

Saying British foreign policy created this animal is like saying our tolerant society created the man who killed Jo Cox.

France sat out the Iraq War. Belgium don't get involved in middle east action. The Germans for obvious reasons take more of a back seat when it comes to military intervention.All have been attacked far more than the UK over the past two years.

It's also worth noting that the Manchester bomber was a supporter of British foreign policy. He was delighted when we overthrew Gaddafi.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 11:11]

GB
"Corbyn is saying, just 4 days after the Manchester bombing, that it is our fault. He's excusing the scumbag who carried out the attack."
Corbyn
"- That assessment in no way reduces the guilt of those who attack our children. Those terrorists will forever be reviled and held to account for their actions"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well said Tim Farron on 12:46 - May 26 with 1509 viewsSuperfrans

Well said Tim Farron on 12:00 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

The only hypocrite here is Corbyn. He has voted against every piece of anti terror legislation ever put forward. He has spent his entire political life making excuses for terrorists who blow up kids in the north of England.

Do you believe Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser? If so, just say it.

If you don't all you are arguing is that his methods/strategies for tackling terrorism are different from yours.

Which is it?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Well said Tim Farron on 12:51 - May 26 with 1491 viewsNo9

Well said Tim Farron on 11:49 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

corbyn is not thinking about things in a new way. he is pursuing his line on foreign policy in exactly the way he always has and he is opportunistically using the events in manchester. corbyn opposes uk foreign policy - the fact that we are fighting isis makes no difference to him. there have been barbaric attacks in france, germany, belgium, scandinavia etc but corbyn just sees the latest attack as a chance to lay into uk foreign policy. he is no different from ukip or the muslim haters who also use such tragedies to push their own agenda.

UK foreign policy has been a total mess since 2010.
If you think differently then you have not been paying attention.
IN addition the Home Office has been run by less than capable people both desreve criticism and should be a subject of debate during a GE
Login to get fewer ads

Well said Tim Farron on 12:55 - May 26 with 1483 viewsElderGrizzly

There is huge frustration within the FCO and Security Services over the amount of times new laws that would have helped them fight terrorism have been blocked, going all the way back to 2005.

Corbyn (as well as a lot of Lib Dems) have consistently voted against these new powers that would help surveillance and might have helped keep people like the attacker in Manchester under closer scrutiny, or even potentially in jail.

Corbyn is right to say a lot of what he has said today, but he isn't the man to say it given his voting actions in the past.
Well said Tim Farron on 12:57 - May 26 with 1476 viewsNo9

Well said Tim Farron on 12:55 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

There is huge frustration within the FCO and Security Services over the amount of times new laws that would have helped them fight terrorism have been blocked, going all the way back to 2005.

Corbyn (as well as a lot of Lib Dems) have consistently voted against these new powers that would help surveillance and might have helped keep people like the attacker in Manchester under closer scrutiny, or even potentially in jail.

Corbyn is right to say a lot of what he has said today, but he isn't the man to say it given his voting actions in the past.

What do they think about Cameron not putting his proposals in front of parliament?
Well said Tim Farron on 13:01 - May 26 with 1457 viewsfeelingblue

Well said Tim Farron on 12:51 - May 26 by No9

UK foreign policy has been a total mess since 2010.
If you think differently then you have not been paying attention.
IN addition the Home Office has been run by less than capable people both desreve criticism and should be a subject of debate during a GE

Since 2010? When has it not been a mess, in our lifetime?
Well said Tim Farron on 13:08 - May 26 with 1436 viewsArcher4721

Well said Tim Farron on 11:10 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

"in which he couldn't ignore the effect of British Foreign Policy on disaffected Muslim youth here in the context of what's happened"

Corbyn is saying, just 4 days after the Manchester bombing, that it is our fault. He's excusing the scumbag who carried out the attack.

He's also ignoring the point that Islamist terrorism such as 9/11 pre dates "the war on terror".

IS aren't sending people to kill us because of our foreign policy. They are killing us because they hate our liberal and free society.

Our equal rights for women. Our love of music. Our society that sees a man marry a man and a woman marry a woman.

Saying British foreign policy created this animal is like saying our tolerant society created the man who killed Jo Cox.

France sat out the Iraq War. Belgium don't get involved in middle east action. The Germans for obvious reasons take more of a back seat when it comes to military intervention.All have been attacked far more than the UK over the past two years.

It's also worth noting that the Manchester bomber was a supporter of British foreign policy. He was delighted when we overthrew Gaddafi.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 11:11]

Erm he said..

Well said Tim Farron on 13:13 - May 26 with 1434 viewsGromheort

More surveillance powers needed? Crikey, we're already in trouble on that score. Snowden put it well after one of the last '"whatever you want" laws: “The UK has just legalised the most extreme surveillance in the history of western democracy. It goes further than many autocracies.”
Well said Tim Farron on 13:16 - May 26 with 1423 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 12:46 - May 26 by Superfrans

Do you believe Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser? If so, just say it.

If you don't all you are arguing is that his methods/strategies for tackling terrorism are different from yours.

Which is it?

I have said that in the past his sympathy has been with the terrorists.

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 13:18 - May 26 with 1416 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 12:42 - May 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

GB
"Corbyn is saying, just 4 days after the Manchester bombing, that it is our fault. He's excusing the scumbag who carried out the attack."
Corbyn
"- That assessment in no way reduces the guilt of those who attack our children. Those terrorists will forever be reviled and held to account for their actions"

......but

There is always a but with Jezza.

And he is completely wrong.

IS in their own words.

"We hate you, first and foremost, because you are disbelievers; you reject the oneness of Allah and you indulge in all manner of devilish practices. Furthermore, just as your disbelief is the primary reason we hate you, your disbelief is the primary reason we fight you, as we have been commanded to fight the disbelievers until they submit to the authority of Islam, either by becoming Muslims, or by living in humiliation under the rule of the Muslims.

We hate you because your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited. We have made it our mission to fight off your influence and protect mankind from your misguided concepts and your deviant way of life.

What’s important to understand here is that although some might argue that your foreign policies are the extent of what drives our hatred, this particular reason for hating you is secondary. The fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam.

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 13:20 - May 26 with 1398 viewsArcher4721

Well said Tim Farron on 13:16 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

What about Saudi Arabia who we cosy up to?

Aren't they "terrorists?"
Well said Tim Farron on 13:20 - May 26 with 1404 viewsDanTheMan

Well said Tim Farron on 13:18 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

......but

There is always a but with Jezza.

And he is completely wrong.

IS in their own words.

"We hate you, first and foremost, because you are disbelievers; you reject the oneness of Allah and you indulge in all manner of devilish practices. Furthermore, just as your disbelief is the primary reason we hate you, your disbelief is the primary reason we fight you, as we have been commanded to fight the disbelievers until they submit to the authority of Islam, either by becoming Muslims, or by living in humiliation under the rule of the Muslims.

We hate you because your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited. We have made it our mission to fight off your influence and protect mankind from your misguided concepts and your deviant way of life.

What’s important to understand here is that although some might argue that your foreign policies are the extent of what drives our hatred, this particular reason for hating you is secondary. The fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam.

Didn't that come from their propoganda magazine? Of course they'd say that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Well said Tim Farron on 13:21 - May 26 with 1400 viewsElderGrizzly

Well said Tim Farron on 13:13 - May 26 by Gromheort

More surveillance powers needed? Crikey, we're already in trouble on that score. Snowden put it well after one of the last '"whatever you want" laws: “The UK has just legalised the most extreme surveillance in the history of western democracy. It goes further than many autocracies.”

Sadly yes and it isn't enough right now.

If you want people to do a job , you need to give them the tools to do it. Right now, our hands are tied more than they need to be in the opinion of many.

It's not just about surveillance, it goes much wider than that.
Well said Tim Farron on 13:22 - May 26 with 1394 viewsGromheort

Well said Tim Farron on 13:21 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

Sadly yes and it isn't enough right now.

If you want people to do a job , you need to give them the tools to do it. Right now, our hands are tied more than they need to be in the opinion of many.

It's not just about surveillance, it goes much wider than that.

You can of course fight terrorism by attacking human rights and enabling government repression. It is not a price worth paying.
Well said Tim Farron on 13:24 - May 26 with 1384 viewsSuperfrans

Being right about one thing (as you say, a lot of what he has said today) but wrong about the other (potentially the new powers you mention) doesn't make his first points more false.

Well said Tim Farron on 13:25 - May 26 with 1377 viewsfeelingblue

Well said Tim Farron on 13:22 - May 26 by Gromheort

You can of course fight terrorism by attacking human rights and enabling government repression. It is not a price worth paying.

At what level of surveillance does the price become not worth paying?
Well said Tim Farron on 13:25 - May 26 with 1376 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 13:20 - May 26 by DanTheMan

Didn't that come from their propoganda magazine? Of course they'd say that.

They say it all the time.

The foiled attacks on the Ministry of Sound nightclub: "no one could turn round and say oh they are innocent, those slags dancing around”.

The foiled attacks on Birmingham nightclubs: ‘the kuffar, slags and whores go drinking and clubbing’ and ‘have sex like donkeys’.

They tell us enough yet we still keep asking why?

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 13:25 - May 26 with 1376 viewsSuperfrans

Well said Tim Farron on 13:16 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

So, you think he is a terrorist sympathiser.

Okay then...

Well said Tim Farron on 13:25 - May 26 with 1373 viewsBOjK

Well said Tim Farron on 12:29 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Farron not Fallon. Two different people.

Care to address this?

I'm genuinely interested in your response.

Edit. I assume you and any of the other Corbyn apologists have zero answer to this.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 13:20]

I thought you were of the opinion that now isn't the time to be talking about this.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Well said Tim Farron on 13:27 - May 26 with 1369 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 13:25 - May 26 by Superfrans

So, you think he is a terrorist sympathiser.

Okay then...

I believe that during the 1970's, 80's and 90's he most certainly was. His words and deeds prove that.

He may have changed his views as he has aged.

I note nobody has an answer to this post.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024