Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well said Tim Farron 10:56 - May 26 with 15898 viewsGlasgowBlue

Calling Corbyn out.

[Post edited 26 May 2017 10:56]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well said Tim Farron on 14:14 - May 26 with 2874 viewsPortmanRoadLibrary

Well said Tim Farron on 14:00 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Nice swerve. Before Gav messed up the board I had already said that now Corbyn has decided to politicise the Manchester bombing then is past record is fair game to scrutinise in the context of recent events.

Utterly predictable mock outrage from the tory fraternity, who appear to be in full panic mode. Suggest you read the speech in its entirety, before lifting soundbites from the Daily Telegraph.
Well said Tim Farron on 14:17 - May 26 with 2865 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 13:57 - May 26 by _

You also said ending stop and search won't increase knife crime. That's going well isn't it?
on 14:23 - May 26 with 2853 views_

Well said Tim Farron on 14:17 - May 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

You also said ending stop and search won't increase knife crime. That's going well isn't it?

Well said Tim Farron on 14:28 - May 26 with 2841 viewsbluelagos

Glassers (and TWTD) spends the whole day talking about Corbyn and his (alleged) terrorist sympathies.

Meanwhile the Tory u-turn on the care spending, the latest economic data and the Tories proposed tax hikes are all left undiscussed.

Diversion at it's best, he's brilliant at it.

Come on guys, you're all playing straight into his hands imho.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 14:33]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Well said Tim Farron on 14:29 - May 26 with 2827 viewsNo9

Well said Tim Farron on 13:01 - May 26 by feelingblue

Since 2010? When has it not been a mess, in our lifetime?

Fair point but it has got a whole lot worse since 2010.
Even the tory media recognised some of that-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/david-camerons-ill-conceived-libya-wa

Then there is the support for Saudi Arabia and the horrors of how many are being killed in Yemen -

https://www.theguardian.com/news/defence-and-security-blog/2016/apr/11/uk-specia

Then there is the more recent case of Aman Asfari a prominent tory donor and British Trade Minister appointed by the tories
https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/business-ambassadors

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/12/conservative-tory-donor-ayman-a

Mr Asfari is a Syrian, he nd his wife are very heavy donors to the tories BUT did tose donations have any influnce on Cameron wanting to go to war on Syria?

That is just some of what we know.
on 14:31 - May 26 with 2808 views_

Well said Tim Farron on 14:28 - May 26 by bluelagos

Glassers (and TWTD) spends the whole day talking about Corbyn and his (alleged) terrorist sympathies.

Meanwhile the Tory u-turn on the care spending, the latest economic data and the Tories proposed tax hikes are all left undiscussed.

Well said Tim Farron on 14:31 - May 26 with 2802 viewsNo9

Well said Tim Farron on 14:17 - May 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

How do you stop & search when you don't have any coppers?
Well said Tim Farron on 14:32 - May 26 with 2792 viewsGlasgowBlue

Perhaps the hypocrite Corbyn should have attacked the Tories on the issues you have raised then.

I'm sorry you feel that pointing out a man's record of continually excusing, supporting and honouring terrorists is a diversion tactic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Well said Tim Farron on 14:36 - May 26 with 2776 viewsfooters

Well said Tim Farron on 14:32 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps the hypocrite Corbyn should have attacked the Tories on the issues you have raised then.

I'm sorry you feel that pointing out a man's record of continually excusing, supporting and honouring terrorists is a diversion tactic.

Why won't you address the point of the government supporting Saudi Arabia? Surely funding Wahabbism is worse than anything Corbyn has ever said or done.

Oh and look, May wants to create dialogue with them... now where have I heard that before?

"So rather than just standing on the sidelines and sniping, it's important to engage, to talk to people, to talk about our interests and to raise, yes, difficult issues when we feel it's necessary to do so."
[Post edited 26 May 2017 14:38]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well said Tim Farron on 14:40 - May 26 with 2763 viewsDolly2.0

Well said Tim Farron on 12:29 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Farron not Fallon. Two different people.

Care to address this?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/406477/3627640/well-said-tim-farron/#post3627640

I'm genuinely interested in your response.

Edit. I assume you and any of the other Corbyn apologists have zero answer to this.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 13:20]

His name was auto corrected by my phone.

Instead of giving me an essay to answer (which goes over the same old tired points you've made and I've answered countless times) why don't you answer my point first?

Namely that Farron is using this to score political points, as are you, which is breathtaking hypocrisy.

As others have said, Corbyn was scheduled to make this speech, it's stuff he's been saying for years, none of it was disrespectful, and he makes some good, salient, logical points.

You and Farron are using it for political point scoring, not Corbyn.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Well said Tim Farron on 14:41 - May 26 with 2760 viewsNo9

Well said Tim Farron on 14:32 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

I believe we are still waiting for you to deal with the Ayan Asfari question

You have never adequatley dealt with the tories Foreign Policy of supplying personnel and arms to Saudi Arabia
You are still not able to come to terms with he fact that what Cameron did in Libya may well have a bearing on this terrible matter -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/libya-david-cameron-isis-islamic-s

It is claimed the Lybians warned what was happening

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/24/libyans-in-uk-warned-about-manch

Far from being a tw@t Mr Corbyn is right, the UK does need to look (very closely) at it's Foreign Policy & I would suggest what the incompetents in the Homw Office have been doing for the past 7 years or so.
Well said Tim Farron on 14:42 - May 26 with 2752 viewsgiant_stow

At risk of being called Glasgow's little bitch, he didn't set today's agenda - Jezz did. See the Guardian for proof.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Well said Tim Farron on 15:01 - May 26 with 2713 viewslowhouseblue

Well said Tim Farron on 14:40 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

His name was auto corrected by my phone.

Instead of giving me an essay to answer (which goes over the same old tired points you've made and I've answered countless times) why don't you answer my point first?

Namely that Farron is using this to score political points, as are you, which is breathtaking hypocrisy.

As others have said, Corbyn was scheduled to make this speech, it's stuff he's been saying for years, none of it was disrespectful, and he makes some good, salient, logical points.

You and Farron are using it for political point scoring, not Corbyn.

farron is criticising what corbyn said. if challenging an opponent is 'scoring political points' then there is little that politicians say which wouldn't fall into that category. suggesting that farron instigated this suggests that your grasp of causation is just as muddled as corbyn's link between foreign policy and terrorism.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Well said Tim Farron on 15:08 - May 26 with 2686 viewsNo9

Well said Tim Farron on 15:01 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

farron is criticising what corbyn said. if challenging an opponent is 'scoring political points' then there is little that politicians say which wouldn't fall into that category. suggesting that farron instigated this suggests that your grasp of causation is just as muddled as corbyn's link between foreign policy and terrorism.

Farron is a politician criticising an opposing politician during a general election, that is what policitians do.

The link between foreign policy and terrorism has been made many times and for a long while including some from the tory media and tory politicians / politico's, it isn't new.

I hav eposted a few things on this thread that should make anyoe with an open mind sit up and ask questions about foreign policy particularly over the last 7 years and the links to big business and why a Trade Ambassador & hs wife are giving large sums of money to the tories when they are under inverstigation by the SFO.

You seem tied into one dimensional thinking?
Well said Tim Farron on 15:08 - May 26 with 2686 viewsDolly2.0

Well said Tim Farron on 15:01 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

Why is it Corbyn is just scoring political points but Farron (and Glassers on here) aren't?

Do you think now is not the right time to discuss how to minimise terrorism?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Well said Tim Farron on 15:10 - May 26 with 2679 viewsNo9

Well said Tim Farron on 15:08 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

Why is it Corbyn is just scoring political points but Farron (and Glassers on here) aren't?

It is only the right time when the tory politico's decide it is the right time.

Skeletons in the cupboard - keep away
Well said Tim Farron on 15:13 - May 26 with 2671 viewsgordon

I don't see any value in trying to shut down discussion. What Corbyn said was fairly mundane and uncontroversial (from the headlines, not heard the whole thing).

The response of the likes of Boris Johnson and Farron, trying to stifle debate and shut down ideas is pretty awful in my opinion. I don't think they necessarily reflect the mood of the country either.

It's critically important that as a country we're prepared to have an open and frank debate about what's happening, and listen to different perspectives and hypotheses.

For what it's worth, I'm not convinced that if Labour was in charge of UK foreign Policy the threat of terrorism would recede, but I do feel very strongly that it's through listening and engaging with different points of view rather than shutting them down we can build a consensus and hopefully move forward in a positive way.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 15:15]
Well said Tim Farron on 15:19 - May 26 with 2654 viewslowhouseblue

Well said Tim Farron on 15:08 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

it is wrong to suggest that Islamic terrorism is a response to the west's foreign policy. that terrorism predates 9/11. attempted terrorist attacks from Al-Qaeda dated back to the 1990s, before British military actions had been undertaken: lord west former labour security minister:

"One was a car bomb attack in 1997 which we stopped luckily before it happened. Another was the poisoning of north London water supplies which would've killed over 100,000 people... These were happening way before 9/11 and of course 9/11 happened before we entered Afghanistan, ... The only thing we were doing abroad - and our soldiers were dying - was to stop the genocide of Bosnian Muslims... It's all very fine Jeremy Corbyn saying he's going to assure our troops that they'll only go somewhere where there's a plan [but] to say that this will deliver lasting peace... Let's not have platitudes."

I don't know about point scoring, but corbyn is cynically using the attack in manchester to promote his campaign against uk, us and west european foreign policy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Well said Tim Farron on 15:24 - May 26 with 2637 viewsfooters

Well said Tim Farron on 15:19 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

it is wrong to suggest that Islamic terrorism is a response to the west's foreign policy. that terrorism predates 9/11. attempted terrorist attacks from Al-Qaeda dated back to the 1990s, before British military actions had been undertaken: lord west former labour security minister:

"One was a car bomb attack in 1997 which we stopped luckily before it happened. Another was the poisoning of north London water supplies which would've killed over 100,000 people... These were happening way before 9/11 and of course 9/11 happened before we entered Afghanistan, ... The only thing we were doing abroad - and our soldiers were dying - was to stop the genocide of Bosnian Muslims... It's all very fine Jeremy Corbyn saying he's going to assure our troops that they'll only go somewhere where there's a plan [but] to say that this will deliver lasting peace... Let's not have platitudes."

I don't know about point scoring, but corbyn is cynically using the attack in manchester to promote his campaign against uk, us and west european foreign policy.

Think you're missing the first Gulf War there, mate. So no, it's not wrong to suggest it at all.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well said Tim Farron on 15:26 - May 26 with 2633 viewsJ2BLUE

Been out and can't be bothered to read the thread but Corbyn has done nothing wrong. Farron is the one trying to score points off this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well said Tim Farron on 15:27 - May 26 with 2631 viewsgordon

Well said Tim Farron on 15:19 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

Whether or not Islamic terrorism is a response to the West's foreign policy or not, this post neither proves nor disproves the hypothesis - foreign intervention by the West in Muslim countries also predates 9/11 and the events cited by quite a few years!
Well said Tim Farron on 15:34 - May 26 with 2620 viewscaught-in-limbo

No wonder you agree with him: like you, he applies the same accusation of political point scoring during a tragedy while slipping in a bit of political point scoring.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Well said Tim Farron on 15:35 - May 26 with 2618 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Well said Tim Farron on 14:31 - May 26 by No9

How do you stop & search when you don't have any coppers?

So the met doesn't exist any more? Go back to sleep
Well said Tim Farron on 15:36 - May 26 with 2616 viewslowhouseblue

Well said Tim Farron on 15:27 - May 26 by gordon

Whether or not Islamic terrorism is a response to the West's foreign policy or not, this post neither proves nor disproves the hypothesis - foreign intervention by the West in Muslim countries also predates 9/11 and the events cited by quite a few years!

yes and doubtless foreign policy has taken different forms. trying to suggest that foreign policy has led to terrorism is simplistic and misleading and misrepresents the terrorists. corbyn is concerned with rubbishing uk foreign policy rather than being concerned with defeating terrorism.

Well said Tim Farron on 15:37 - May 26 with 2609 viewsgiant_stow

Well said Tim Farron on 15:27 - May 26 by gordon

Instead of looking at the history of all this, how about we have a best guess at the future? In a scenario where we pull out of all conflicts everywhere, does anyone think that would stop isis from attacking us?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024