Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well said Tim Farron 10:56 - May 26 with 15889 viewsGlasgowBlue

Calling Corbyn out.

[Post edited 26 May 2017 10:56]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well said Tim Farron on 15:37 - May 26 with 2441 viewsJ2BLUE

Well said Tim Farron on 15:35 - May 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

So the met doesn't exist any more? Go back to sleep

I assume you have a typically brilliant solution to police shortages? £50 call out charge perhaps? Double them up as pizza delivery drivers? Sponsors logos?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well said Tim Farron on 15:37 - May 26 with 2440 viewslowhouseblue

Well said Tim Farron on 15:24 - May 26 by footers

Think you're missing the first Gulf War there, mate. So no, it's not wrong to suggest it at all.

so what was the first gulf war about then mate? you think the coalition wrong on that occasion?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Well said Tim Farron on 15:43 - May 26 with 2418 viewsfooters

Well said Tim Farron on 15:37 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

so what was the first gulf war about then mate? you think the coalition wrong on that occasion?

Whether I think they were wrong or not has no bearing on it. What others in the region think is what's at issue.

But it was a wider point, really. We're talking about hundreds of years of invasions and 'interventions' in a region. Imagine being an Afghan- your country getting invaded again and again and again. Wouldn't that give you cause to dislike certain countries?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well said Tim Farron on 15:43 - May 26 with 2411 viewsBluesquid

Well said Tim Farron on 11:34 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Surely we should be talking about what our foreign policy is now, rather than what it was ten years ago. We have withdrawn our soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan. We have no boots on the ground in Syria.

The main Islamist force against which our armed forces are engaged in military action today is ISIS. Is Corbyn suggesting that we stop taking military action against them and allow them to expand across the middle east? Murdering, carrying out religious cleansing, floggings, rapes, stonings, the throwing of people from tall buildings, beheadings, crucifixions, burning people alive and the use of kids as suicide bombers.

Do we just walk away and say "not our problem"? Will the attacks stop then?

Of course they wont. Corbyn was trying to score cheap political points.

"We have no boots on the ground in Syria."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/15/syrian-troops-advancing-towards-us-br
Well said Tim Farron on 15:48 - May 26 with 2393 viewsPortmanRoadLibrary

Well said Tim Farron on 15:36 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

yes and doubtless foreign policy has taken different forms. trying to suggest that foreign policy has led to terrorism is simplistic and misleading and misrepresents the terrorists. corbyn is concerned with rubbishing uk foreign policy rather than being concerned with defeating terrorism.

As a matter of interest (I'm always willing to broaden my knowledge of these matters) could you explain exactly how the UK has benefited in any way from the following military actions, or indeed, how the ordinary citizens any of the countries listed below have in any way had their lives improved as a direct result of the aforementioned campaigns.

Afghanistan
Iraq
Syria
Libya

Thanks.
Well said Tim Farron on 15:49 - May 26 with 2384 viewsgordon

Well said Tim Farron on 15:36 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

yes and doubtless foreign policy has taken different forms. trying to suggest that foreign policy has led to terrorism is simplistic and misleading and misrepresents the terrorists. corbyn is concerned with rubbishing uk foreign policy rather than being concerned with defeating terrorism.

The then chair of MI5 testified to the Iraq inquiry that recent UK foreign policy had undoubtedly increased the threat of terrorism in the UK. I'm certainly not qualified to contradict her, and I don't suppose you are either.
Well said Tim Farron on 15:52 - May 26 with 2377 viewsBluesquid

Well said Tim Farron on 14:29 - May 26 by No9

Fair point but it has got a whole lot worse since 2010.
Even the tory media recognised some of that-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/david-camerons-ill-conceived-libya-wa

Then there is the support for Saudi Arabia and the horrors of how many are being killed in Yemen -

https://www.theguardian.com/news/defence-and-security-blog/2016/apr/11/uk-specia

Then there is the more recent case of Aman Asfari a prominent tory donor and British Trade Minister appointed by the tories
https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/business-ambassadors

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/12/conservative-tory-donor-ayman-a

Mr Asfari is a Syrian, he nd his wife are very heavy donors to the tories BUT did tose donations have any influnce on Cameron wanting to go to war on Syria?

That is just some of what we know.

"Mr Asfari is a Syrian, he nd his wife are very heavy donors to the tories BUT did tose donations have any influnce on Cameron wanting to go to war on Syria? "

Guess what? Go on...Have a guess....

He opposes Assad and supports the 'moderate' oppostion.

Well would you Adam and Eve it.
on 15:52 - May 26 with 2374 views_

Well said Tim Farron on 15:49 - May 26 by gordon

The then chair of MI5 testified to the Iraq inquiry that recent UK foreign policy had undoubtedly increased the threat of terrorism in the UK. I'm certainly not qualified to contradict her, and I don't suppose you are either.

Login to get fewer ads

Well said Tim Farron on 15:55 - May 26 with 2358 viewsJ2BLUE

on 15:52 - May 26 by _

You're wrong. Fact.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 15:55]

Truly impaired.

Well said Tim Farron on 15:55 - May 26 with 2353 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 14:36 - May 26 by footers

Why won't you address the point of the government supporting Saudi Arabia? Surely funding Wahabbism is worse than anything Corbyn has ever said or done.

Oh and look, May wants to create dialogue with them... now where have I heard that before?

"So rather than just standing on the sidelines and sniping, it's important to engage, to talk to people, to talk about our interests and to raise, yes, difficult issues when we feel it's necessary to do so."
[Post edited 26 May 2017 14:38]

I always find that bringing whatabouterry into the debate only really works of the person it is aimed at is inconsistent in their views.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/387531/time-to-cut-off-relations-with-saudi-arabia/#

Iron Lion Zion

on 15:56 - May 26 with 2346 views_

Well said Tim Farron on 15:55 - May 26 by J2BLUE

You're wrong. Fact.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 15:55]

Well said Tim Farron on 15:59 - May 26 with 2336 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 14:40 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

His name was auto corrected by my phone.

Instead of giving me an essay to answer (which goes over the same old tired points you've made and I've answered countless times) why don't you answer my point first?

Namely that Farron is using this to score political points, as are you, which is breathtaking hypocrisy.

As others have said, Corbyn was scheduled to make this speech, it's stuff he's been saying for years, none of it was disrespectful, and he makes some good, salient, logical points.

You and Farron are using it for political point scoring, not Corbyn.

Too many words for you?

I'll simplify things then and ask you one question. I have never asked you this question before so you can't use the same old get out that you have answered it countless times before.

What would you think of a man if in a few weeks time he will will attend a meeting of an event in support of Islamic terrorism, stand for a minute’s silence in honour of Jihadi John and Salman Abedi and then tell the crowd “I’m happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a middle east free of foreign troops”?

Please don't swerve or avoid it.

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 16:01 - May 26 with 2330 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 15:26 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Been out and can't be bothered to read the thread but Corbyn has done nothing wrong. Farron is the one trying to score points off this.

4 weeks in, have you bothered to read any independent sources yet?

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 16:02 - May 26 with 2325 viewsgordon

Well said Tim Farron on 15:59 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Too many words for you?

I'll simplify things then and ask you one question. I have never asked you this question before so you can't use the same old get out that you have answered it countless times before.

What would you think of a man if in a few weeks time he will will attend a meeting of an event in support of Islamic terrorism, stand for a minute’s silence in honour of Jihadi John and Salman Abedi and then tell the crowd “I’m happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a middle east free of foreign troops”?

That's the most impressive straw man I've ever seen on TWTD. There'll be nothing left to feed the horses after that one.
Well said Tim Farron on 16:03 - May 26 with 2316 viewsbrazil1982

Here's hoping AN rips into him tonight.
Well said Tim Farron on 16:04 - May 26 with 2315 viewsJ2BLUE

Well said Tim Farron on 16:01 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

4 weeks in, have you bothered to read any independent sources yet?

Genuinely forgotten what i'm supposed to be looking at.

Can you remind me please? I'll have a look by the end of the day.

Truly impaired.

Well said Tim Farron on 16:06 - May 26 with 2309 viewsDolly2.0

Well said Tim Farron on 15:37 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

Haha. Way to shift the goalposts. We're talking about if intervention happened not why.

You're all over the place in your desperation to attack everything Corbyn says and does. I'd bet money that if someone else had made Corbyn's speech we wouldn't be hearing a peep out of you in this thread.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Well said Tim Farron on 16:08 - May 26 with 2296 viewsJ2BLUE

Well said Tim Farron on 16:06 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

Haha. Way to shift the goalposts. We're talking about if intervention happened not why.

You're all over the place in your desperation to attack everything Corbyn says and does. I'd bet money that if someone else had made Corbyn's speech we wouldn't be hearing a peep out of you in this thread.

If the polls keep narrowing Lowie and Bojk might need to vote Tory to try and make sure they're definitely right and Corbyn can't win.

Truly impaired.

Well said Tim Farron on 16:08 - May 26 with 2291 viewsDolly2.0

Too many words for you?

Why should I answer your point when you are still swerving mine? Stop replying to my questions with more questions.

Well said Tim Farron on 16:12 - May 26 with 2278 viewsgordon

Well said Tim Farron on 16:08 - May 26 by J2BLUE

If the polls keep narrowing Lowie and Bojk might need to vote Tory to try and make sure they're definitely right and Corbyn can't win.

There are quite a few reputations on the line, particularly amongst the mainstream centre-left media and the centrist rump of the labour party.

If someone were to win a GE without the support of most of his party and barely any support within the media, having been pretty universally declared unelectable, that would make him just about the most electable politician ever. Not saying it's going to happen, of course.
Well said Tim Farron on 16:13 - May 26 with 2277 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 16:08 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

Why should I answer your point when you are still swerving mine? Stop replying to my questions with more questions.

Lowhouse answered it but I'll answer if it will get you to answer mine. Farron is legitimately calling out Corbyn for politicising the Manchester bombing. He wasn't making any political points in his criticism. He was calling out Corbyn for making his point at the wrong time when the country needs to be united.

Now back to my question.

edit

[Post edited 26 May 2017 16:22]

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 16:19 - May 26 with 2252 viewsArcher4721

Well said Tim Farron on 14:28 - May 26 by bluelagos

Glassers (and TWTD) spends the whole day talking about Corbyn and his (alleged) terrorist sympathies.

Meanwhile the Tory u-turn on the care spending, the latest economic data and the Tories proposed tax hikes are all left undiscussed.

Diversion at it's best, he's brilliant at it.

Come on guys, you're all playing straight into his hands imho.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 14:33]

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18557431_10212724546172551_4945933
[Post edited 26 May 2017 16:21]
Well said Tim Farron on 16:25 - May 26 with 2239 viewsArcher4721

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18620416_10155510123724604_4902027
[Post edited 26 May 2017 16:27]
Well said Tim Farron on 16:30 - May 26 with 2233 viewsDolly2.0

Well said Tim Farron on 16:13 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Lowhouse answered it but I'll answer if it will get you to answer mine. Farron is legitimately calling out Corbyn for politicising the Manchester bombing. He wasn't making any political points in his criticism. He was calling out Corbyn for making his point at the wrong time when the country needs to be united.

Now back to my question.

edit

[Post edited 26 May 2017 16:22]

Attacking a rival just before an election and you reckon he's not political point scoring? I doubt even you believe that.

You couldn't have a more right time to discuss how to minimise terrorism IMO.

Despite your childishness (a clock to get me to hurry up and answer your question FFS. What are you, 12?) I will answer it anyway...

Well said Tim Farron on 16:34 - May 26 with 2224 viewsDolly2.0

Too many words for you?

I would look deeper than what you're posting here. I'd want to know his reasons. If he were there to try and bring about a peaceful resolution and he was merely being respectful in order to gain their trust, then I would support it.

If dialogue were the answer (I'm not sure it is in this instance) I would support someone trying to broker it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024