Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well said Tim Farron 10:56 - May 26 with 15875 viewsGlasgowBlue

Calling Corbyn out.

[Post edited 26 May 2017 10:56]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well said Tim Farron on 16:39 - May 26 with 1459 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 16:34 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

I would look deeper than what you're posting here. I'd want to know his reasons. If he were there to try and bring about a peaceful resolution and he was merely being respectful in order to gain their trust, then I would support it.

If dialogue were the answer (I'm not sure it is in this instance) I would support someone trying to broker it.

You would support a man who would stand for a minute’s silence in honour of Jihadi John and Salman Abedi and then tell the crowd “I’m happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a middle east free of foreign troops”?

I'm gobsmacked.

Is there any evidence that Mr Corbyn had any involvement in brokering a peace deal in Northern Ireland?

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 16:57 - May 26 with 1432 viewsDolly2.0

Well said Tim Farron on 16:39 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

You would support a man who would stand for a minute’s silence in honour of Jihadi John and Salman Abedi and then tell the crowd “I’m happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a middle east free of foreign troops”?

I'm gobsmacked.

Is there any evidence that Mr Corbyn had any involvement in brokering a peace deal in Northern Ireland?

I didn't say standing in honour. Read my reply again, I'm not repeating it.

I've answered your Corbyn nonsense time and time again. Really bored of it now.

You're not interested in peace. You're only interested in having a pop at Corbyn. Like Lowehouse, I doubt you'd have commented on this speech if anyone other than Corbyn had said it. In fact if were May you'd be posting it and praising it.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Well said Tim Farron on 16:59 - May 26 with 1425 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well said Tim Farron on 16:57 - May 26 by Dolly2.0

I didn't say standing in honour. Read my reply again, I'm not repeating it.

I've answered your Corbyn nonsense time and time again. Really bored of it now.

You're not interested in peace. You're only interested in having a pop at Corbyn. Like Lowehouse, I doubt you'd have commented on this speech if anyone other than Corbyn had said it. In fact if were May you'd be posting it and praising it.

No. I rarely praise anything that comes out of Theresa May's mouth. I find her a deeply unpleasant woman.

Thanks for the reply and enjoy your weekend.

Iron Lion Zion

Well said Tim Farron on 17:02 - May 26 with 1419 viewsDolly2.0

Well said Tim Farron on 16:59 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

No. I rarely praise anything that comes out of Theresa May's mouth. I find her a deeply unpleasant woman.

Thanks for the reply and enjoy your weekend.

You too. I've done no work today (we had a big company party last night. I got in work at 3pm today!)

Now heading home to sit in the garden with beer. It's effing boiling down here.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Well said Tim Farron on 19:36 - May 26 with 1357 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well said Tim Farron on 15:19 - May 26 by lowhouseblue

it is wrong to suggest that Islamic terrorism is a response to the west's foreign policy. that terrorism predates 9/11. attempted terrorist attacks from Al-Qaeda dated back to the 1990s, before British military actions had been undertaken: lord west former labour security minister:

"One was a car bomb attack in 1997 which we stopped luckily before it happened. Another was the poisoning of north London water supplies which would've killed over 100,000 people... These were happening way before 9/11 and of course 9/11 happened before we entered Afghanistan, ... The only thing we were doing abroad - and our soldiers were dying - was to stop the genocide of Bosnian Muslims... It's all very fine Jeremy Corbyn saying he's going to assure our troops that they'll only go somewhere where there's a plan [but] to say that this will deliver lasting peace... Let's not have platitudes."

I don't know about point scoring, but corbyn is cynically using the attack in manchester to promote his campaign against uk, us and west european foreign policy.

I am frankly amazed that anybody with an ounce of sense would suggest that our actions overseas have not influenced individuals who have carried out terrorist acts to at least some extent. Quoting purported spokes people for I S does not disprove this ! These acts are carried out by individuals not ISIS dogmatists.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well said Tim Farron on 20:19 - May 26 with 1319 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Well said Tim Farron on 11:02 - May 26 by connorscontract

In what way is Farron not "using that grotesque act to make a political point" here?

One person made a scheduled, full speech on Foreign Policy, in which he couldn't ignore the effect of British Foreign Policy on disaffected Muslim youth here in the context of what's happened.

The other has only talked about the bombing, in emotive terms, purely to make a political point against one of his opponents.

The second of those looks more opportunistic and exploitative of the tragedy, to me.

Your posts are consistently excellent.

BOT

Well said Tim Farron on 00:23 - May 27 with 1211 viewsbournemouthblue

Well said Tim Farron on 11:10 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

"in which he couldn't ignore the effect of British Foreign Policy on disaffected Muslim youth here in the context of what's happened"

Corbyn is saying, just 4 days after the Manchester bombing, that it is our fault. He's excusing the scumbag who carried out the attack.

He's also ignoring the point that Islamist terrorism such as 9/11 pre dates "the war on terror".

IS aren't sending people to kill us because of our foreign policy. They are killing us because they hate our liberal and free society.

Our equal rights for women. Our love of music. Our society that sees a man marry a man and a woman marry a woman.

Saying British foreign policy created this animal is like saying our tolerant society created the man who killed Jo Cox.

France sat out the Iraq War. Belgium don't get involved in middle east action. The Germans for obvious reasons take more of a back seat when it comes to military intervention.All have been attacked far more than the UK over the past two years.

It's also worth noting that the Manchester bomber was a supporter of British foreign policy. He was delighted when we overthrew Gaddafi.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 11:11]

It's almost like the American's have been meddling in the Middle East since the Regan era or something

There's a lot inter connections here with plenty of unintended consequences, the American's have an awful track record with interventions. In many cases training the people they then end up fighting.

There's no doubt terrorism has grown since Iraq, Libya and Syria across the Middle East and beyond

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024