Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Baker 14:24 - May 26 with 8934 viewsDeano69

Was a time a function last night where Danny Baker was the after dinner speaker. He announced his retirement and said that last night was his last public appearance. Heading off to Florida with just a bit of hobby writing.

Quite like him. Has had a remarkable life.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Danny Baker on 20:26 - May 26 with 3403 viewsDeano69

Danny Baker on 18:27 - May 26 by blue_oyster

Beware 'facts' on the internet.

Wasn't from the Internet he actually said it in his after dinner speech last night. Live, right there in front of me.

Danny Baker on 06:57 - May 27 with 3259 viewsblue_oyster

Danny Baker on 20:26 - May 26 by Deano69

Wasn't from the Internet he actually said it in his after dinner speech last night. Live, right there in front of me.

That was something else sweetheart.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Danny Baker on 08:52 - May 27 with 3229 viewsxrayspecs

Danny Baker on 17:34 - May 26 by Deano69

Pretty sure the phrase he used was never has, never will own one. It even came up as one of questions/answers on Would I lie to You

He had one a couple of years ago. Mentioned it on his show and twitter. Do not think he uses it any more.
Danny Baker on 08:54 - May 27 with 3229 viewsxrayspecs

Danny Baker on 16:46 - May 26 by bontcho

He's mentioned this a lot over the past year or so on the radio show (calling it "the third act") - although granted it's difficult to tell sometimes what is genuine with Danny. I get the impression his appearance in the jungle and the recent tour were the retirement fund. He's always liked Americasince I remember so not surprised they are off there.

Indee - he has talked a lot about his "third act". He owns a property in Florida. The plan apparently is to base himself in the US and continue his writing.

He is a prolific writer for other comedians.
Danny Baker on 08:55 - May 27 with 3229 viewsxrayspecs

Danny Baker on 18:41 - May 26 by jas0999

Didn't he used to go out most nights On the lash with Chris Evans and Gazza?

The famous picture of the three of them bleary eyed "on the lash" was taken in the middle of the day and all three had not had a drink. They were on their way to the races but ended up gate crashing an awards event.

Was in one of his books.
Danny Baker on 08:57 - May 27 with 3230 viewsxrayspecs

He has been talking about this for some time on his radio show. Plan appears to be to move over to the US, where he has a property and to continue to write from there.

While he is best known as a broadcaster, he is a prolific writer and for many comedians.

For those that listen to the show I have a passing acquaintance with Teletext Alex, who is a big Ipswich fan.
Danny Baker on 09:04 - May 27 with 3224 viewschristiand

A bit like marmite, you either like it or you don't. I'm one of those that like him. I always found him a good listen on radio.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Danny Baker on 11:28 - May 27 with 3190 viewsTeletext

Danny Baker on 08:57 - May 27 by xrayspecs

He has been talking about this for some time on his radio show. Plan appears to be to move over to the US, where he has a property and to continue to write from there.

While he is best known as a broadcaster, he is a prolific writer and for many comedians.

For those that listen to the show I have a passing acquaintance with Teletext Alex, who is a big Ipswich fan.

I hear TA is quite a tremendous bloke who still bleeds blue and white despite the fact he hasn't been to Portman Road since ME bought the club ;)
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Baker on 12:00 - May 27 with 3166 viewspatrickswell

Danny Baker on 15:22 - May 26 by blueislander

They are indeed. His radio show is quite brilliant, but they gave him a TV show some years ago, and it was an unmitigated disaster.

I really liked Danny Baker After All which was a good post-Match of the Day watch, but thought the rather more conventional chat show he did after that was a bit bland, something Baker never really was.

I remember driving home late one night in early 1997 when he was hosting Midweek 6-0-6 and went off on one about Mike Reed awarding a controversial late penalty to Chelsea which helped them knock out Leicester from the FA Cup. Martin O'Neill had been fuming about it, and Baker took that anger and pushed on to levels of editorialising unheard of on the Beeb at that time. Then he started arguing with callers who disagreed with his stance, "Lose him! Lose him! I'm not interested in getting 'balance' on this!" and angrily berating the person producing the show, "What are you doing? What are you doing?...Give me back my old producer, please!" The sound of someone torching their career on-air and he was gone the next day.
Danny Baker on 12:54 - May 27 with 3124 viewsDeano69

Danny Baker on 06:57 - May 27 by blue_oyster

That was something else sweetheart.

Thanks Hun

Danny Baker on 20:30 - May 27 with 3066 viewsxrayspecs

Danny Baker on 11:28 - May 27 by Teletext

I hear TA is quite a tremendous bloke who still bleeds blue and white despite the fact he hasn't been to Portman Road since ME bought the club ;)

Indeed.
Danny Baker on 21:10 - May 27 with 3053 viewsRonFearonsHair

Danny Baker on 12:00 - May 27 by patrickswell

I really liked Danny Baker After All which was a good post-Match of the Day watch, but thought the rather more conventional chat show he did after that was a bit bland, something Baker never really was.

I remember driving home late one night in early 1997 when he was hosting Midweek 6-0-6 and went off on one about Mike Reed awarding a controversial late penalty to Chelsea which helped them knock out Leicester from the FA Cup. Martin O'Neill had been fuming about it, and Baker took that anger and pushed on to levels of editorialising unheard of on the Beeb at that time. Then he started arguing with callers who disagreed with his stance, "Lose him! Lose him! I'm not interested in getting 'balance' on this!" and angrily berating the person producing the show, "What are you doing? What are you doing?...Give me back my old producer, please!" The sound of someone torching their career on-air and he was gone the next day.

http://www.internettreehouse.co.uk/audio/produce3.mp3

http://www.internettreehouse.co.uk/footie.htm
[Post edited 27 May 2017 21:10]
Danny Baker on 23:01 - May 27 with 3014 viewsGodzilla

Danny is a genuinely grounded football fan, love his radio show (turmoil) and his books are great, his dad was precious.
Danny Baker on 07:03 - May 28 with 2960 viewspoppiesman

With doubt by far the best 606 presenter ever, its embarrassing to think an idiot such as Robbie Savage is doing that same job these days.
Danny Baker is probably the only Millwall fan I like.
Danny Baker on 07:20 - May 28 with 2951 viewsWeWereZombies

Never forgiven him for taking the piss out of Wark's willy

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024