Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? 19:51 - May 26 with 4866 viewsbrazil1981

Doubt I'll even watch, is it it just me getting old? Quite sad really, when I was a kid it was the highlight of the year, comparable in excitment to Xmas day! Newcastle v Liverpool in 74 was first one I remember...Keegan was my hero as a kid, along with Trevor Whymark of course!
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:22 - May 27 with 1210 viewsstrikalite

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:16 - May 27 by Benters

Yeah its the other play off tomoz?

Yeah Blackpool v Exeter 3pm
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 14:45 - May 27 with 1166 viewsFreddy

Don't care, wont be watching it
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 14:50 - May 27 with 1161 viewsLord_Lucan

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 19:59 - May 26 by Ftnfwest

Funnily enough I don't remember that one but do recall the first one I must have watched which was Leeds v Sunderland the year before. I shall probably watch but yes it's nothing like it used to be. We should be thankful town won it when they did.

I think the first one I watched was Arsenal v Liverpool in 71, I don't remember watching the next years final. I think I only remember the 71 one because of Charlie George.

The first one I really remember properly was Leeds v Sunderland.

I may watch it today because I am at work with nothing else to do but otherwise I might not bother.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 14:52 - May 27 with 1164 viewsLankHenners

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 08:51 - May 27 by strikalite

Yep, also think the play offs and obviously the Champions League have become bigger in football so the domestic cups are down the excitement table..

Semi's at Wembley has also devalued it, too many games at Wembley now so it doesn't seem special as it should be, Christ even Spurs play home games there next season ffs..

A real shame, too much football on has killed it..

It's also been ruined by Sky shoving the idea that Transfer Deadline Day is the biggest event on the footballing calendar down the throats of utter morons. See also: 'the Premier League is the best league in the world'.

They've turned football into a tacky product, completely devaluing once great days like today.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 15:10 - May 27 with 1141 viewsLord_Lucan

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 23:30 - May 26 by gainsboroughblue

I didn't even realise it was tomorrow until I saw this thread. Now that is ambivalence.

I've just gone to put it on and it isn't until 17.30.

This country!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 15:14 - May 27 with 1135 viewssticklegs

It's very sad really. I used to really enjoy the build up prior to the game etc...I think the start of the decline was when Man Utd decided not to enter the competition a few years back, that and playing the semis at Wembley.
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 17:30 - May 27 with 1100 viewsRyorry

Well I switched on (BBC1) a few mins ago and am enjoying the build up, so yah, boo, sucks!

Community Choir (one singer from each league club, in their shirts) singing 'Abide With Me' accompanied by what looks like a Police brass band; the crowd incl Chelsea Pensioners, one taking a camera shot, joining in, many looking very emotional. Beautiful shots of Wembley from above, stadium divided into red & blue by their flags, sunshine.

Come on Arsenal! (well they're preferable to the other lot imho, and I'd like Wenger to go out with a trophy, he's given a lot to English football).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 17:43 - May 27 with 1092 viewsRyorry

Well that seemed a bit dodgy! Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024