Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum taking yet another gamble? 22:49 - May 26 with 6678 viewsArnieM

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-s-swoop-for-daniel-farke-

You have to seriously contemplate that ITFC may just be doing the right thing keeping McCarthy at the helm - playing style aside !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 23:10 - May 26 with 4834 viewsmonty_radio

I suppose that depends whether you think that Wilkins has a point re appointing British coaches. I think though, that whatever stick one picks up to beat the Participants, this complaint of Wilkins is past it's sell-by.

Having said that while wishing Farke no personal ill-will it would be good to watch them go from bad to wurst.

N.B. please Gav don't crash the system again just to delete that joke a second time!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 23:27 - May 26 with 4778 viewschristiand

Yes they might be taking a gamble, while we sit and do nothing (as usual) in the hope something is going to change! ME to invest heavily in squad = NO, MM to suddenly get the team playing decent football = hell NO! Without doubt it's a gamble, but it is certainly going to open up a market of players for them, while we are enticed by ex Wolves, Sunderland or Irish players MM has previously managed, such exciting times for a Town fan. Ipswich Town = stagnation and boredom!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

How many "ex Wolves, Sunderland or MM players"....... on 08:23 - May 27 with 4417 viewsBloots

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 23:27 - May 26 by christiand

Yes they might be taking a gamble, while we sit and do nothing (as usual) in the hope something is going to change! ME to invest heavily in squad = NO, MM to suddenly get the team playing decent football = hell NO! Without doubt it's a gamble, but it is certainly going to open up a market of players for them, while we are enticed by ex Wolves, Sunderland or Irish players MM has previously managed, such exciting times for a Town fan. Ipswich Town = stagnation and boredom!

....have we signed in the last two years?

Asking for a friend.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 08:27 - May 27 with 4400 viewsKieran_Knows

Obviously it's a risk, and I very much get the impression that they hope this new chap has a season like Wagner has had at Huddersfield. I imagine there'll be plenty of players brought in from the German lower leagues this summer, so will be interesting to see if he can get them going like Wagner has done.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How many "ex Wolves, Sunderland or MM players"....... on 08:29 - May 27 with 4391 viewsMullet

How many "ex Wolves, Sunderland or MM players"....... on 08:23 - May 27 by Bloots

....have we signed in the last two years?

Asking for a friend.

I think Berra and Ebanks Blake fall well outside of that timeframe don't they are possibly at either end of the spectrum?

Stearman on loan. SHunty was also early on for Mick.

Murphy is ex-Sunderland.

SEB is possibly the only dud isn't he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 08:32 - May 27 with 4387 viewsRegencyBlue

At least they are trying to make things happen whilst it looks as if we will continue to decline under the Evans regime unless there is a major rethink at PR.

Much as it pains me to say it the contrast between how the two clubs have been operated in recent times leaves us very much in second place.
Scum taking yet another gamble? on 08:33 - May 27 with 4375 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not to defend the scum, but Wilkins is talking utter rubbish there

Of the managers he has listed, Giggs has managed a whole 2 games, Sherwood is terrible and McLeish even worse. The only one he would have had a point with was Garry Monk, but he's only out of a job as he resigned and Norwich clearly already had Farke lined up by then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:35 - May 27 with 4361 viewsBloots

How many "ex Wolves, Sunderland or MM players"....... on 08:29 - May 27 by Mullet

I think Berra and Ebanks Blake fall well outside of that timeframe don't they are possibly at either end of the spectrum?

Stearman on loan. SHunty was also early on for Mick.

Murphy is ex-Sunderland.

SEB is possibly the only dud isn't he?

.....Foley.

And he only played about 5 games.

It's a nice urban myth for the barmies to quote though.

"He doesn't give the kids a chance and only buys his ex players"

Barmy.

Login to get fewer ads

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:38 - May 27 with 4342 viewsMullet

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:35 - May 27 by Bloots

.....Foley.

Barmy.

Excellent shout on Foley who did a really important job in hindsight.

This is a massive window for MM and the club. If it's his last then what he leaves behind could influence so many things on and off the pitch.

There's also a certain oddity about this criticism when a lot of critics also talk of replacing MM with Matt Holland or resigning Bent etc.

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:58 - May 27 with 4268 viewschristiand

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:38 - May 27 by Mullet

Excellent shout on Foley who did a really important job in hindsight.

This is a massive window for MM and the club. If it's his last then what he leaves behind could influence so many things on and off the pitch.

There's also a certain oddity about this criticism when a lot of critics also talk of replacing MM with Matt Holland or resigning Bent etc.

Completely agree Mullet. He's going to need financial help from ME because we do need major surgery in key areas, which means quality equates to cost. Although many on here won't like it, the appointment of new unproven manager at Norwich,people need to remember he comes from a good stock and his knowledge will give them a market that is largely untapped by English clubs and you know for sure those German players will be technically good and well coached. You can already see what's coming to us this summer: Karl Henry and Michael Kightly, doesn't take much effort on MM's scouting network.

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 09:01 - May 27 with 4258 viewschristiand

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:58 - May 27 by christiand

Completely agree Mullet. He's going to need financial help from ME because we do need major surgery in key areas, which means quality equates to cost. Although many on here won't like it, the appointment of new unproven manager at Norwich,people need to remember he comes from a good stock and his knowledge will give them a market that is largely untapped by English clubs and you know for sure those German players will be technically good and well coached. You can already see what's coming to us this summer: Karl Henry and Michael Kightly, doesn't take much effort on MM's scouting network.

Forgot to add, but the Norwich manager (can't remember his name), is probably the type of manager we need after MM.

£100 charity bet says that..... on 09:03 - May 27 with 4243 viewsBloots

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:58 - May 27 by christiand

....we don't sign Henry and Kightly this summer.

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 09:04 - May 27 with 4243 viewsm14_blue

Whose fans do you think are more excited for next season though?

Yes it's a risk, yes it might not go well but I can't think of many clubs with less to look forward to than us at the moment.

I'd quite like us to take a gamble to be honest.
£100 charity bet says that..... on 09:06 - May 27 with 4229 viewschristiand

£100 charity bet says that..... on 09:03 - May 27 by Bloots

....we don't sign Henry and Kightly this summer.

We'll see. I very much see Kightly on MM's radar.

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 09:06 - May 27 with 4226 viewsMullet

"Coming from good stock" is pretty meaningless until we see him do something. People are pointing to Wagner like it was obvious all along, when the whole point was that he was a such a curveball it made Hudds' season far more enjoyable to see, a bit like Brentford previously.

Warren Joyce came from "good stock" and he was worse than a bad curry poo.

Farke also came from the same stable that we got Bajner from so I think it's worth remembering it's about the individual, especially as we've had Veseli, Martin etc. waltz through the club recently.

As for MM's scouting, he's got in loads of players no one expected or has heard of and loads that he's trusted to do a job and seen us do really well under him. This freak season doesn't need revision or manipulation.

It's funny that when we signed Huws a lot of people were disgruntled by it now they're clamouring for him to stay. However a bit of prior knowledge and research tells you Emyr had the talent but not the fitness to put him well outside our reach.

Once people got to see him here, a reversal of opinion for many.

So do I.... on 09:07 - May 27 with 4222 viewsBloots

£100 charity bet says that..... on 09:06 - May 27 by christiand

.....but you've also stated quite clearly that you think we'll sign Henry.

I don't think we will.

So it's a bet yes?

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 09:23 - May 27 with 4194 viewsTownly

I do not see the development at Norwich as anything to either minimise or maximise.

It could all come off, but equally so could fail miserably. Every appointment is a risk.

It is following a trend whereby gradually more and more Championship managers are appointees from overseas and is in it's self aligned to the increasing amount of foreign money being invested into clubs in that league.

(In this respect the German system is praiseworthy as epitomised by their National successes and their influence in European competitions.)

In a way it is beginning to ape the path followed by the Premier League and for one reason or another we seem stuck in mud for now with regards this trend.

Risk or not one thing is certain to my thinking. If we had just replaced McCarthy with this Farke? then our season ticket sales would currently be far more than the ten thousand or so that rumour has it they are.

A certain optimism would inevitably replace the pessimism that seems to abound amongst us.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 9:44]
I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 09:35 - May 27 with 4149 viewschristiand

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 09:06 - May 27 by Mullet

"Coming from good stock" is pretty meaningless until we see him do something. People are pointing to Wagner like it was obvious all along, when the whole point was that he was a such a curveball it made Hudds' season far more enjoyable to see, a bit like Brentford previously.

Warren Joyce came from "good stock" and he was worse than a bad curry poo.

Farke also came from the same stable that we got Bajner from so I think it's worth remembering it's about the individual, especially as we've had Veseli, Martin etc. waltz through the club recently.

As for MM's scouting, he's got in loads of players no one expected or has heard of and loads that he's trusted to do a job and seen us do really well under him. This freak season doesn't need revision or manipulation.

It's funny that when we signed Huws a lot of people were disgruntled by it now they're clamouring for him to stay. However a bit of prior knowledge and research tells you Emyr had the talent but not the fitness to put him well outside our reach.

Once people got to see him here, a reversal of opinion for many.

Equally having managers that have a proven record in The Championship also doesn't seem to work for us either: Keane, Jewell and to a certain extent MM. What I'm saying is that the club is probably at its lowest ebb for quite a few seasons. It needs an injection of something to get us all fired up again. The prospect of the same rubbish this season is very depressing, but if I was a Norwich fan I'd be looking forward to the new season with excitement and optimism. Yes, he might be unproven and that is a risk, but there is nothing to say that he can't be a success either. I'd much prefer to be in Huddersfield's position come bank holiday Monday.....Wagner who?

So do I.... on 09:42 - May 27 with 4121 viewschristiand

So do I.... on 09:07 - May 27 by Bloots

.....but you've also stated quite clearly that you think we'll sign Henry.

I don't think we will.

So it's a bet yes?

I'm saying that is what you'd expect to see Bloots. I certainly wouldn't be 'surprised' to see Karl Henry sign he's got those characteristics MM loves - combative, loves a tackle and lacks finesse. Imagine that attractive proposition in central midfield next season Skuse and Henry, so much creative flair to prise open a tight defence.

Kightly, I believe is a real possibility he was sniffing around him last year before he signed for Burton Albion.

No, what you are doing is..... on 09:54 - May 27 with 4083 viewsBloots

So do I.... on 09:42 - May 27 by christiand

I'm saying that is what you'd expect to see Bloots. I certainly wouldn't be 'surprised' to see Karl Henry sign he's got those characteristics MM loves - combative, loves a tackle and lacks finesse. Imagine that attractive proposition in central midfield next season Skuse and Henry, so much creative flair to prise open a tight defence.

Kightly, I believe is a real possibility he was sniffing around him last year before he signed for Burton Albion.

.....hanging the manager out to dry for something that hasn't happened.

By your own admission you are "imagining" a scenario and wetting your knickers about it.

Feel free to abuse him for things he's done, but making up situations is just a bit silly.

As you were.

£100 charity bet says that..... on 10:57 - May 27 with 3941 viewsconnorscontract

£100 charity bet says that..... on 09:06 - May 27 by christiand

And, if the fact that he has played for Mick before is taken out of the equation, he would be considered a decent signing.

Surely that should be the main criteria in evaluating all of Mick's signings? Are they any good? On signing: have they been any good before? Have they consistently been any good? Thereafter: are they any good in the matches they have played for us?
Scum taking yet another gamble? on 14:41 - May 27 with 3711 viewsFreddy

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 09:04 - May 27 by m14_blue

Whose fans do you think are more excited for next season though?

Yes it's a risk, yes it might not go well but I can't think of many clubs with less to look forward to than us at the moment.

I'd quite like us to take a gamble to be honest.

I agree, at least they have something to get excited , a risk but one most of us would be happy to take
Scum taking yet another gamble? on 14:45 - May 27 with 3702 viewsLankHenners

Scum taking yet another gamble? on 08:33 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not to defend the scum, but Wilkins is talking utter rubbish there

Of the managers he has listed, Giggs has managed a whole 2 games, Sherwood is terrible and McLeish even worse. The only one he would have had a point with was Garry Monk, but he's only out of a job as he resigned and Norwich clearly already had Farke lined up by then

Quite - any credibility in his argument was totally lost when he mentioned Sherwood.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 14:50 - May 27 with 3689 viewsSteve_M

I think the only one in the last 3 years is possibly..... on 08:35 - May 27 by Bloots

.....Foley.

Barmy.

The logical gymnastics some are going through on Joe's thread are certainly keeping the board entertaining though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

No, what you are doing is..... on 17:12 - May 27 with 3584 viewschristiand

No, what you are doing is..... on 09:54 - May 27 by Bloots

.....hanging the manager out to dry for something that hasn't happened.

By your own admission you are "imagining" a scenario and wetting your knickers about it.

Feel free to abuse him for things he's done, but making up situations is just a bit silly.

As you were.

We'll see Bloots, I'll accept you'll bow down to my superior footballing knowledge if this does transpire? Don't all fans make up scenarios? I'm sure you've been guilty of it in the past too? I'm basing my reasons firmly on what MM has done previously. You can't argue that he does love a player he has managed before, the club don't like spending money - Henry and Kightly are both free agents - you work out the maths!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024