Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well this is already a memorable day 10:13 - May 27 with 6615 viewsgiant_stow

I've already managed to seriously insult a friends wife *and have opened up a brown envelope demanding either 10grand or seized goods.

*I accidentally said she was fat, looked like a man and had a questionable tit / belly ratio. Whataguy!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Well this is already a memorable day on 11:44 - May 27 with 3530 viewsLord_Lucan

Well this is already a memorable day on 11:34 - May 27 by giant_stow

Cheers Mr. My fault.

Whatever happens I would suggest forming a Ltd company from now on. Pay yourself a nominal wage and take the rest via dividends and directors loans.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well this is already a memorable day on 12:16 - May 27 with 3488 viewsDarth_Koont

Sorry to hear about the money worries.

I know it might be a very difficult ask but can you get help from friends and family just to give you some breathing space?

Pronouns: He/Him

Well this is already a memorable day on 12:25 - May 27 with 3463 viewsLord_Lucan

Well this is already a memorable day on 11:34 - May 27 by giant_stow

Cheers Mr. My fault.

Also there is a set up called Business debtline which will be very good use to you. I strongly advise you contact them.

https://www.businessdebtline.org/EW/Pages/default.aspx?gclid=CMWFjbT6j9QCFU0Q0wo

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Well this is already a memorable day on 12:47 - May 27 with 3421 viewscaught-in-limbo

Well this is already a memorable day on 10:27 - May 27 by giant_stow

That would have been easier to deal with. I didn't mean to do it either - he sent a picture of someone sitting on a train titled 'chelsea thug on the way to the game' only showing their belly and chest and I replied 'man or women etc....' the next photo was of her face.

And you don't find the fact she had two heads worth reporting?

#OneHeadGood_TwoHeadsNormal
#FamilyClub
#NCFC

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Well this is already a memorable day on 12:56 - May 27 with 3413 viewswellyblue

Well this is already a memorable day on 11:29 - May 27 by giant_stow

Only Mrs ullaa's piano (she teaches). Anyone know how long before bailiffs turn up after sending a letter like that? It.doesnt give a date - just says pay now - notice of bailiffs potentially coming. Does that make it a matter of days or weeks? Can't call them now - mon-fri only.

'Sell' anything you have of value to a trusted friend for £1, get a signed receipt from said friend for all the transactions.

The bailiffs cannot take items that don't belong to you.
Well this is already a memorable day on 14:06 - May 27 with 3337 viewsconnorscontract

Well this is already a memorable day on 11:29 - May 27 by giant_stow

Only Mrs ullaa's piano (she teaches). Anyone know how long before bailiffs turn up after sending a letter like that? It.doesnt give a date - just says pay now - notice of bailiffs potentially coming. Does that make it a matter of days or weeks? Can't call them now - mon-fri only.

If the piano is her "tools of the trade" bailiffs aren't allowed to take it, depending on the value (see below). Tell them that she is a piano teacher when/if they arrive.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/consumer-rights/bailiffs-tools-of-the-trade-taken-com

You need to get some advice very quickly. CAB can be good if you have one locally that can see you quickly enough. And Google everything you can about dealing with Bailiffs.

If there's any (legal) way you can make the money to pay, do so.

Or else watch "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" for an alternative approach.
Well this is already a memorable day on 14:08 - May 27 with 3330 viewsconnorscontract

Well this is already a memorable day on 12:56 - May 27 by wellyblue

'Sell' anything you have of value to a trusted friend for £1, get a signed receipt from said friend for all the transactions.

The Court would see this as acting in bad faith and it wouldn't help at all in the long run.
Well this is already a memorable day on 14:18 - May 27 with 3310 viewsBLUEBEAT

Make sure they've followed due process if they do turn up. The courts are notorious for failing in their admin requirements.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/action-your-creditor-can-take/b

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Well this is already a memorable day on 14:23 - May 27 with 3299 viewssparks

Well this is already a memorable day on 12:56 - May 27 by wellyblue

The trustee in bankkruptcy however can reverse the lot, and land you in a good deal of trouble given that it would be fraud.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Well this is already a memorable day on 14:24 - May 27 with 3295 viewsgiant_stow

Well this is already a memorable day on 14:18 - May 27 by BLUEBEAT

Make sure they've followed due process if they do turn up. The courts are notorious for failing in their admin requirements.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/action-your-creditor-can-take/b

Thanks everyone. You're all very kind - several really practical bits of info - hugely appreciated. Off to get drunk (on cheap fosters) to a cup final bbq - Gawd forbid that insulted wife is there, or there may be more events to the day yet.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Well this is already a memorable day on 14:26 - May 27 with 3292 viewswellyblue

Well this is already a memorable day on 14:08 - May 27 by connorscontract

The Court would see this as acting in bad faith and it wouldn't help at all in the long run.

Maybe, but if the bailiffs are turning up one is in desperate times, and sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

A few years ago a friend of a friend was in a similar position, the bailiffs turned up, took everything of value and then hit him with a bailiff bill that left him in greater debt than before they took his property...

In my opinion bailiffs are pretty much the scum of the earth, making money out of other's misery.
Well this is already a memorable day on 14:33 - May 27 with 3274 viewsBluebell

Well this is already a memorable day on 10:49 - May 27 by giant_stow

Tax. I'm not an avoider - more of a pay the bills, put it off hoping to earn some more money later-er. Out of time - run to mummy aged 42 or sell the house? Maybe the answer is to get off here and get my life together.

Anyway, sorry for the self obsession / pity.

"run to mummy"

Not the sort of thing a Norwich fan should be telling us!
Well this is already a memorable day on 18:33 - May 27 with 3205 viewsconnorscontract

Well this is already a memorable day on 14:26 - May 27 by wellyblue

Maybe, but if the bailiffs are turning up one is in desperate times, and sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

A few years ago a friend of a friend was in a similar position, the bailiffs turned up, took everything of value and then hit him with a bailiff bill that left him in greater debt than before they took his property...

In my opinion bailiffs are pretty much the scum of the earth, making money out of other's misery.

I agree with your feelings, but your idea would only cause Ullaa more problems in the long run.

In sparks (legally qualified) opinion it would be a criminal offence.
Well this is already a memorable day on 18:43 - May 27 with 3194 viewsMullet

Well this is already a memorable day on 18:33 - May 27 by connorscontract

I agree with your feelings, but your idea would only cause Ullaa more problems in the long run.

Or the possibility of a guaranteed seat in the upcoming Tory government?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Well this is already a memorable day on 18:44 - May 27 with 3193 viewssparks

Well this is already a memorable day on 18:33 - May 27 by connorscontract

As for bailiffs- how about the folks who have judgments or are oewd money and are struggling badly as a result. Without bailiffs, how do they get it back?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:21 - May 28 with 3035 viewswellyblue

Well this is already a memorable day on 18:44 - May 27 by sparks

As for bailiffs- how about the folks who have judgments or are oewd money and are struggling badly as a result. Without bailiffs, how do they get it back?

Two weeks ago I lent a few hundred pounds to an old friend that has fallen upon hard times, not a lot really, but enough if you haven't got it.

I know that he'll pay me back if and when he can, but I can't see it happening in the foreseeable future, but I'd rather take the loss on the chin than have 'legalised thieves' take his goods and grind him down even more.
Well this is already a memorable day on 13:22 - May 28 with 3030 viewsJ2BLUE

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:21 - May 28 by wellyblue

Two weeks ago I lent a few hundred pounds to an old friend that has fallen upon hard times, not a lot really, but enough if you haven't got it.

I know that he'll pay me back if and when he can, but I can't see it happening in the foreseeable future, but I'd rather take the loss on the chin than have 'legalised thieves' take his goods and grind him down even more.

Not the same thing really.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:27 - May 28 with 3021 viewswellyblue

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:22 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Not the same thing really.

Legally it is, money owed etc...
Well this is already a memorable day on 13:31 - May 28 with 3006 viewsJ2BLUE

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:27 - May 28 by wellyblue

Legally it is, money owed etc...

You can't compare your situation with your friend where you lent the money knowing you'd get it back IF he can pay it back to someone who owed money as part of a business arrangement and hasn't been paid back.

There does need to be a certain level of responsibility taken by the individual.

Truly impaired.

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:34 - May 28 with 2999 viewssparks

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:31 - May 28 by J2BLUE

You can't compare your situation with your friend where you lent the money knowing you'd get it back IF he can pay it back to someone who owed money as part of a business arrangement and hasn't been paid back.

There does need to be a certain level of responsibility taken by the individual.

Quite.

How about a landlord, with a single rental flat (perhaps left over when she moved in with her boyfriend) who needs the rent to pay the mortgages, but has tenants refusing to pay and leaving with a stack of damage.

Should they not be able to use the system to enforce their debts?

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:38 - May 28 with 2985 viewsLord_Lucan

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:34 - May 28 by sparks

Quite.

How about a landlord, with a single rental flat (perhaps left over when she moved in with her boyfriend) who needs the rent to pay the mortgages, but has tenants refusing to pay and leaving with a stack of damage.

Should they not be able to use the system to enforce their debts?

Talking to a friend the other day who rented a house out and was paid b@gger all. The people were evicted but were only allowed future housing help from the council once my mate was paid. He got paid.

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:40 - May 28 with 2980 viewsJ2BLUE

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:38 - May 28 by Lord_Lucan

Talking to a friend the other day who rented a house out and was paid b@gger all. The people were evicted but were only allowed future housing help from the council once my mate was paid. He got paid.

Good to hear. I take great delight in watching can't pay we'll take it away to see some people get what's coming to them. There are some sad ones where people have fallen on hard times and are in real trouble which I don't enjoy but I love seeing the ones who try and take the piss get what they deserve.

Truly impaired.

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:44 - May 28 with 2965 viewsLord_Lucan

Well this is already a memorable day on 13:40 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Good to hear. I take great delight in watching can't pay we'll take it away to see some people get what's coming to them. There are some sad ones where people have fallen on hard times and are in real trouble which I don't enjoy but I love seeing the ones who try and take the piss get what they deserve.

Mmmm. I'm not quite as hard as that. A good many people find themselves in financial trouble with pay day loans and the like, or just trying to feed their kids. I could never share a pint with a domestic bailiff.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024