Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love 14:52 - May 27 with 7318 viewsDolly2.0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40069110

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:32 - May 27 with 2228 viewsRyorry

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:28 - May 27 by WD19

I'm not sure JC plans on 'losing' it as such. I think he just plans on taking it and 'keeping it somewhere safe'.

Heh, the one thing I don't doubt he is is honest. Unfortunately just a bit cack-handed in how he goes about things.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:40 - May 27 with 2209 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:31 - May 27 by ElderGrizzly

We won't get enough seats to influence another referendum. It's not a policy i agree with, even though people voted to leave based on 'alternative facts'

We should get a say in the 'type' of Brexit we want though.

The tax policies of both Labour and the Tories are worrying and both underfunded for what they want to do.

We all need to pay more to get what we want from Public Services and no-one is really addressing it, just window dressing round the edges.

We should listen to the IFS though and sites like www.fullfact.org who will independently analyse each manifesto and do that comparison for us.

I massively doubt the integrity of websites like that

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:52 - May 27 with 2194 viewsWD19

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:32 - May 27 by Ryorry

Heh, the one thing I don't doubt he is is honest. Unfortunately just a bit cack-handed in how he goes about things.

Sadly plain speaking and honesty do not always go entirely hand in hand....as is the case with Mr Corbyn.
Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:57 - May 27 with 2189 viewsElderGrizzly

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:40 - May 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I massively doubt the integrity of websites like that

Why?

They are both wholly independent!

Full Fact example:
Full Fact is a registered charity
We are a registered charity and do not receive any government funding. We actively seek a diverse range of funding and are transparent about all our sources of income.

We don't take sides in any debate and don't support any political party or campaign. We've been quoted by politicians on all sides and corrected people on all sides. We have a cross-party Board of Trustees and safeguards in place at every level of our organisation to ensure our neutrality.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 20:59]
Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:00 - May 27 with 2184 viewsnoggin

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:52 - May 27 by WD19

Sadly plain speaking and honesty do not always go entirely hand in hand....as is the case with Mr Corbyn.

Not like with the tories eh?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:03 - May 27 with 2176 viewsWD19

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:00 - May 27 by noggin

Not like with the tories eh?

I don't see many ppl jizzing themselves on social media about honest Tories. My point was about the myth of Corbyn.
Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:05 - May 27 with 2171 viewsnoggin

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:03 - May 27 by WD19

I don't see many ppl jizzing themselves on social media about honest Tories. My point was about the myth of Corbyn.

Strong and stable lies are the best ones.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:12 - May 27 with 2160 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:57 - May 27 by ElderGrizzly

Why?

They are both wholly independent!

Full Fact example:
Full Fact is a registered charity
We are a registered charity and do not receive any government funding. We actively seek a diverse range of funding and are transparent about all our sources of income.

We don't take sides in any debate and don't support any political party or campaign. We've been quoted by politicians on all sides and corrected people on all sides. We have a cross-party Board of Trustees and safeguards in place at every level of our organisation to ensure our neutrality.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 20:59]

Fair enough

I thought it was more simple than that tbh

Login to get fewer ads

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:36 - May 27 with 2145 viewsElderGrizzly

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 21:12 - May 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Fair enough

I thought it was more simple than that tbh

It should be really, shouldn't it.

FullFact are a godsend tbh. Certainly used by a lot of media outlets and where I go if i'm unsure on a politicians claims.

They've analysed each manifesto to check for lies and it would really help a floating voter.
Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 13:11 - May 28 with 2071 viewsJ2BLUE

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:31 - May 27 by ElderGrizzly

We won't get enough seats to influence another referendum. It's not a policy i agree with, even though people voted to leave based on 'alternative facts'

We should get a say in the 'type' of Brexit we want though.

The tax policies of both Labour and the Tories are worrying and both underfunded for what they want to do.

We all need to pay more to get what we want from Public Services and no-one is really addressing it, just window dressing round the edges.

We should listen to the IFS though and sites like www.fullfact.org who will independently analyse each manifesto and do that comparison for us.

even though people voted to leave based on 'alternative facts'

I don't think it's possible to win an election or referendum by being honest. I'm not saying I agree with the tactic or that we should accept it, just stating a belief. You mention 'alternative facts' from the leave side but what about project fear? A lot of the things they said would immediately happen if we voted to leave haven't happened. A lot of remainers say we haven't left yet and assume it will all get worse. Surely you should all be waiting for us to actually leave? 'Alternative facts' are used by all sides. Do you agree?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 14:16 - May 28 with 2044 viewsbournemouthblue

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 19:54 - May 27 by Gromheort

Not true! We're reliant on the financial sector as a hangover of years of short termism (first enabled by Thatcherism inspired deindustralisation). Corbyn's Labour quite rightly has general investment at its core (particularly helping SMEs).

An economy reliant on banking will always be prone to economic crisis.

Which is why the German Economy has recovered better than ours?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 14:19 - May 28 with 2040 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 14:16 - May 28 by bournemouthblue

Which is why the German Economy has recovered better than ours?

Don't worry. Corbyn is going to wave a magic wand and suddenly we will have a hundred years of investment in heavy industry in place.
Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 14:21 - May 28 with 2037 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 20:14 - May 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I'll be honest and say over the last 2/3 weeks, I've gone from likely voting Lib dems to 50/50 with them or labour

Lib Dems want another referendum which I disagree with whereas Corbyns trident views is an issue for me.

Conservative - absolutely not.
UKIP - pointless now we left EU
Greens - LOL

The closer to the election it's getting, the more I'm swaying away from the lib Dems.

We will see

Why LOL at the Green Party?

Poll: Best Football Song

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 17:26 - May 28 with 1997 viewsJ2BLUE

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 14:21 - May 28 by RoyKeanesDog

Waste of a vote. Like his potential vote for the Lib Dems

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 19:12 - May 28 with 1964 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 14:21 - May 28 by RoyKeanesDog

I listed their manifesto when asked why I 'LOL' at them

They are absolutely bonkers with some of their ideas.

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 19:23 - May 28 with 1956 viewsGromheort

Another reason to support Jezza - policies all football fans will love on 14:19 - May 28 by FrowsyArmLarry

Don't worry. Corbyn is going to wave a magic wand and suddenly we will have a hundred years of investment in heavy industry in place.

Our manufacturing sector has been curtailed through economic stupidity: from monetarism to anti-union legislation. This negative deindustrialisation certainly can be reversed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024