Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God Save The Queen ! 17:33 - May 27 with 12197 viewsBenters

Rousing stuff that !

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it those who didnt like it .

Lovely stuff !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

God Save The Queen ! on 22:00 - May 27 with 4077 viewsjeera

God Save The Queen ! on 21:59 - May 27 by vapour_trail

It's a dreadful dirge.

Aside from the point about outdated monarchy and imaginary deity, it's just a terrible tune.

It starts off quite badly,

Then kinda goes downhill from there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

God Save The Queen ! on 22:21 - May 27 with 4039 viewsWarkystache

God Save The Queen ! on 22:00 - May 27 by jeera

It starts off quite badly,

Then kinda goes downhill from there.

Every other country aside the Yanks ("Oh say can you see...) has a rousing National Anthem. I wish we could use Land of Hope and Glory

Or We will Rock You.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

God Save The Queen ! on 22:26 - May 27 with 4032 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

God Save The Queen ! on 21:47 - May 27 by jeera

Out voted.

I hate it.

I like it

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

God Save The Queen ! on 22:32 - May 27 with 4019 viewsNewcyBlue

God Save The Queen ! on 22:21 - May 27 by Warkystache

Every other country aside the Yanks ("Oh say can you see...) has a rousing National Anthem. I wish we could use Land of Hope and Glory

Or We will Rock You.

Perhaps we can meet in the middle, with I Want To Break Free. Should make the Brexiteers happy.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

God Save The Queen ! on 22:40 - May 27 with 4000 viewsRyorry

God Save The Queen ! on 22:21 - May 27 by Warkystache

Or We will Rock You.

Or Jerusalem.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

God Save The Queen ! on 22:42 - May 27 with 3998 viewsGodzilla

Big fat yes from me.
God Save The Queen ! on 00:24 - May 28 with 3947 viewsimsureazzure

Little more rousing IMO.
God Save The Queen ! on 00:31 - May 28 with 3935 viewsRyorry

God Save The Queen ! on 22:42 - May 27 by Godzilla

Big fat yes from me.

Her Majesty has 4 'yes's.

Login to get fewer ads

God Save The Queen ! on 00:54 - May 28 with 3910 viewsconnorscontract

God Save The Queen ! on 22:40 - May 27 by Ryorry

Or Jerusalem.

That's the one.

It always amuses me when true blue tories have that at their funeral. I sing the bit about not resting until we have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land extra loud.

The cricket team have taken that on, complete with some tenor or other singing it on the outfield before Test Matches. And the Rugby team have Swing Low Sweet Chariot.

There's a case for keeping the British National Anthem for GB team events, but the English FA choosing an English national song for England games and other significant FA matches.

Does the FA Cup Final still have Abide with Me? A bit of an odd choice, that one.
God Save The Queen ! on 00:54 - May 28 with 3910 viewsBergholtBru

God Save The Queen ! on 21:59 - May 27 by vapour_trail

It's a dreadful dirge.

Aside from the point about outdated monarchy and imaginary deity, it's just a terrible tune.

Tis true. There are far better National Anthems. Italy, France to name but two.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

God Save The Queen ! on 06:39 - May 28 with 3876 viewstiptreeblue

God Save The Queen ! on 00:54 - May 28 by BergholtBru

Tis true. There are far better National Anthems. Italy, France to name but two.

see, now i feel ours and Germany`s sound like National Anthems, where as the French & Italy`s sound like they have come from Trumpton or Camberwick green
God Save The Queen ! on 08:08 - May 28 with 3846 viewsBenters

God Save The Queen ! on 21:40 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

I like it.

A do i Lucan.

I was getting more at the occasion it was beautiful,and after such a rotten week it was great to see .

Also what a great game,nice to see two great teams going for it.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 8:11]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

God Save The Queen ! on 11:38 - May 28 with 3792 viewsRyorry

God Save The Queen ! on 08:08 - May 28 by Benters

A do i Lucan.

I was getting more at the occasion it was beautiful,and after such a rotten week it was great to see .

It was a good game, a good boost to the FA Cup.

God Save The Queen ! on 13:20 - May 28 with 3758 viewsJ2BLUE

God Save The Queen ! on 08:08 - May 28 by Benters

A do i Lucan.

I don't like it. I think you think that people who don't like it aren't patriotic. It's not true. Many of us would like to see a proper English national anthem for occasions like that.

Asking a being many consider not to exist to save a 91 year old woman seems a bit odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

God Save The Queen ! on 13:21 - May 28 with 3755 viewsJ2BLUE

God Save The Queen ! on 00:31 - May 28 by Ryorry

Her Majesty has 4 'yes's.

Yes, four of you who don't believe that all humans are equal

Truly impaired.

God Save The Queen ! on 13:24 - May 28 with 3753 viewsLord_Lucan

God Save The Queen ! on 13:20 - May 28 by J2BLUE

I don't like it. I think you think that people who don't like it aren't patriotic. It's not true. Many of us would like to see a proper English national anthem for occasions like that.

Asking a being many consider not to exist to save a 91 year old woman seems a bit odd.

Ipswich Town FC, we're the finest football team the world has ever seen.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

God Save The Queen ! on 16:36 - May 28 with 3680 viewsRyorry

God Save The Queen ! on 13:21 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Yes, four of you who don't believe that all humans are equal

But I do.

She has her job and we have ours. And I don't see many of us working hard into our 90s.

Maybe in a few decades will be the right time to consider a change in our national constitution, but certainly not now, we already have enough instability with Brexit looming, Trump in the White House, terrorism at the level it is etc. The most important thing about our monarchy for me is the stability it brings, the thought of who *could* be elected as President of the UK is horrifying - Boris Johnston anyone?!

God Save The Queen ! on 17:04 - May 28 with 3656 viewsJ2BLUE

God Save The Queen ! on 16:36 - May 28 by Ryorry

But I do.

She has her job and we have ours. And I don't see many of us working hard into our 90s.

Maybe in a few decades will be the right time to consider a change in our national constitution, but certainly not now, we already have enough instability with Brexit looming, Trump in the White House, terrorism at the level it is etc. The most important thing about our monarchy for me is the stability it brings, the thought of who *could* be elected as President of the UK is horrifying - Boris Johnston anyone?!

Believing everyone is equal and being a royalist are not compatiable beliefs IMO but we've been through this many times before so we'll just agree to disagree.

Truly impaired.

God Save The Queen ! on 17:08 - May 28 with 3646 viewsHerbivore

But I do.

I must have missed it when they advertised the post of monarch. Maybe next time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

God Save The Queen ! on 17:13 - May 28 with 3642 viewsJ2BLUE

God Save The Queen ! on 17:08 - May 28 by Herbivore

I must have missed it when they advertised the post of monarch. Maybe next time.

I will endorse you Your Grace.

Truly impaired.

God Save The Queen ! on 17:25 - May 28 with 3622 viewsDolly2.0

But I do.

You call being driven somewhere in luxury and then waving a bit and/or cutting a ribbon either "hard" or indeed "work"?!?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

God Save The Queen ! on 17:28 - May 28 with 3614 viewsJ2BLUE

God Save The Queen ! on 17:25 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

You call being driven somewhere in luxury and then waving a bit and/or cutting a ribbon either "hard" or indeed "work"?!?

I do. I wouldn't want their life. It must be extremely tedious. It might not be hard work in the traditional sense but I bet they get up some days and think FFS can't believe I have to go there.

As people I respect them. The Queen works hard for her age. I'm just ideologically opposed rather than hating them.

Truly impaired.

God Save The Queen ! on 17:41 - May 28 with 3599 viewsDolly2.0

God Save The Queen ! on 17:28 - May 28 by J2BLUE

I do. I wouldn't want their life. It must be extremely tedious. It might not be hard work in the traditional sense but I bet they get up some days and think FFS can't believe I have to go there.

As people I respect them. The Queen works hard for her age. I'm just ideologically opposed rather than hating them.

I also get up some days and think "FFS can't believe I have to go there." But I do. Because I have bills to pay. The Queen can say no if she wants. She'll still never have a bill to pay.

I would LOVE her "job".

Saying that, I don't hate the royalty either.

But the idea that they do hard work, regardless of their age, is ludicrous IMO. My dad's 80 and cuts lawns for people who can't do it themselves, for free. That's harder work than anything the Queen or Prince Philip have ever done.

God Save The Queen ! on 17:59 - May 28 with 3587 viewsGlasgowBlue

God Save The Queen ! on 17:41 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

I also get up some days and think "FFS can't believe I have to go there." But I do. Because I have bills to pay. The Queen can say no if she wants. She'll still never have a bill to pay.

I would LOVE her "job".

Saying that, I don't hate the royalty either.

But the idea that they do hard work, regardless of their age, is ludicrous IMO. My dad's 80 and cuts lawns for people who can't do it themselves, for free. That's harder work than anything the Queen or Prince Philip have ever done.

Cutting lawns is harder than anything Prince Phillip has ever done?

You may want to do some reading.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

God Save The Queen ! on 18:15 - May 28 with 3570 viewsDolly2.0

God Save The Queen ! on 17:59 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Cutting lawns is harder than anything Prince Phillip has ever done?

You may want to do some reading.

I mean since becoming "Prince Philip".

My dad has also done harder things than cutting lawns, but I think you get my point and are just being your usual disingenuous self.

So since marrying the Queen, what has Philip done that's harder than cutting lawns?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024