Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? 06:59 - May 28 with 5262 viewsElderGrizzly

It's utterly pathetic, even if i think the debates are pointless. I wonder if Corbyn will call her bluff and turn up?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/28/amber-rudd-to-stand-in-for-ther
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 19:01 - May 28 with 1929 viewsGromheort

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 18:54 - May 28 by HARRY10

And therein lies the problem.

Cameron thought he had driven a stake through the heart of the right wing nutjobs but hadn't. Many had simply slipped away to snip from the side lines of ukip. They have been heading back in their droves and that why this election has been called, as they could cause serious trouble to a government with a small majority..

Without a substantial majority within her own party, she will not be able to go through the pretence of wanting to leave the EU. Negotiations will be slipped out on an almost daily basis, giving the nutjobs points to rally around on a similar timescale.

Those who were around in the early 70's may remember Ted Heath calling an election on the basis of who rules the country. The electorate said 'not you matey' and booted him out.

May has tried to fashion this election into a question of who is best to deal with brexit. It has not worked, and the lack of preperation has been exposed badly. Policies have not been costed or even thought through. Absurd stuff like grammar schools and fox hunting have been needlessly included. And very emotive stuff like elderly health care and school meals have been an absolute disaster.

So anything but a healthy Parliamentary majority will be seen as a loss, and the signal for the nutjobs to have another go at taking ontrol,.

Much fun ahead, methinks.

Indeed. And the reason it hasn't worked is the strategy adopted by Labour. They're still stuck in the 'old politics' where every party tries to wear the same underpants.
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 19:06 - May 28 with 1924 viewsmutters

Personally I think these debates are awful don't really see the point of them. Back in 2015 there was the same conversation around Cameron not doing them, turned out OK for him. They don't really change people's minds according to polls (who'd believe the polls anyway? ;-)).

We've imported them from the US election process, which probably says it all.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 19:10 - May 28 with 1916 viewsGromheort

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 19:06 - May 28 by mutters

Personally I think these debates are awful don't really see the point of them. Back in 2015 there was the same conversation around Cameron not doing them, turned out OK for him. They don't really change people's minds according to polls (who'd believe the polls anyway? ;-)).

We've imported them from the US election process, which probably says it all.

The issue isn't whether they are worthwhile or not, its the magnitude of contempt deserved from hiding from them. It shows a backbone complaint at the very least
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 20:24 - May 28 with 1879 viewsDolly2.0

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 18:48 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

How can you possibly know it didn't cost Cameron any votes?

A proper debate is not a waste of time when you compare it to the alternative (being spoonfed by our hugely biased right wing press).

As I've said before, I don't think you want democracy. I think you just want to win. And this undermines everything political you post. It's all about the win.

And here we see the Glasgow Swerve.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 20:32 - May 28 with 1869 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 20:24 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

And here we see the Glasgow Swerve.

I was actually having a glass of wine with my wife in the garden. We've just bought one of those 18ft pools for the kids.

Miliband was ahead of Cameron in the polls. Cameron didn't do the debates and Miliband did. The smaller parties all ganged up on miliband.

No swerve. Now back off to the garden. Have you decided whether you are voting Thursday or Friday yet now that they are spreading the election over two days. Arf!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 20:45 - May 28 with 1844 viewsDolly2.0

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 20:32 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

I was actually having a glass of wine with my wife in the garden. We've just bought one of those 18ft pools for the kids.

Miliband was ahead of Cameron in the polls. Cameron didn't do the debates and Miliband did. The smaller parties all ganged up on miliband.

No swerve. Now back off to the garden. Have you decided whether you are voting Thursday or Friday yet now that they are spreading the election over two days. Arf!!

You responded to another post in this thread in that time. I guess that was more important than your lovely wife and pool.

And you've still swerved my point.

Still, everything is great in Glassers' world. Lovely wife, kids, business. FOOK everyone else.

That's essentially your attitude.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 22:16 - May 28 with 1805 viewsFreddies_Ears

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 11:22 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

I agree that she's a terrible performer. Not only that but she is indecisive which doesn't bode well for the Bexit negotiations.

That said, most people don't watch the whole deates and see the highlights on the news.

It's ok. She isn't going to turn up to the Brexit negotiations either. Swaggering Dave will be taking on the opportunity to tell Johnny Foreigner where to go.
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 22:25 - May 28 with 1787 viewsPinewoodblue

Thought tomorrows head to head, May & Corbyn, was still going ahead on Sky.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 22:26 - May 28 with 1785 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 22:25 - May 28 by Pinewoodblue

It's not a head to head. Two separate interviews in the same studio
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 23:04 - May 28 with 1754 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 22:25 - May 28 by Pinewoodblue

Maybe they should leave it to both of these instead
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 23:08 - May 28 with 1749 viewsHARRY10

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 23:04 - May 28 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe they should leave it to both of these instead

I think Abbot v Johnson would give us all a welcome break

A clueless idiot v a lying shyster

Neither of whom should even be near Parliament never mind holding high office
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 10:37 - May 29 with 1695 viewsNo9

It must be because Amber Rudd is better at remembering her words.
Every time she turn up on the radio or TV she never drops a line always word perfect.
She is of course a complete mess and a liar but she says exactly what she is told to say Kim Jong May is not that good
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 13:16 - May 29 with 1663 viewsArcher4721

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 20:32 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

How crass and completely lacking in class.... How very Essex.
I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 13:17 - May 29 with 1656 viewsArcher4721

I'm assuming Theresa is trying to lose the election? on 20:45 - May 28 by Dolly2.0

You responded to another post in this thread in that time. I guess that was more important than your lovely wife and pool.

And you've still swerved my point.

Still, everything is great in Glassers' world. Lovely wife, kids, business. FOOK everyone else.

That's essentially your attitude.

Yeah but tbf he lives in Glasgow... You don't need much to live like a king there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024