Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought!!! 07:41 - May 28 with 9538 viewsSwn98

Looking to next season are those so called loyal fans of many years harming the club by not renewing?
Denying the club of 1million plus pounds income will surely reflect on the amount in the transfer fund.
Just a thought!!! on 16:47 - May 29 with 2055 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 08:17 - May 29 by brogansnose

You don't help yourself when you question 'so called fans' loyalty which is bound to get peoples backs up. I would politely ask you to look at the bigger picture of Evans tenure and its him alone, not the fans, that has lead to the prognosis for the club looking decidedly bleak at this juncture.

You miss the point if fans not renewing deny the club income that could be invested in new players or for those fans that worry about it a coat of paint.
Just a thought!!! on 16:50 - May 29 with 2051 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 16:47 - May 29 by Swn98

You miss the point if fans not renewing deny the club income that could be invested in new players or for those fans that worry about it a coat of paint.

Dont be soft lad.

It is the perfect excuse Evans/Milne and MM will come out with though when questioned on the lack of spending.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Just a thought!!! on 16:51 - May 29 with 2045 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 08:24 - May 29 by TheSelkirk

Purely out of interest.

However, I do wonder how you would feel if you had a season off (from your long standing support) and then found yourself referred to as a 'so called' supporter or glory hunter.

Wouldn't bother me at all i support the club not what people on TWTD think of me.
However i think i have achieved what i set out to do stimulate a lively debate in what otherwise is the usual boring close season.
Just a thought!!! on 17:45 - May 29 with 2016 viewsbrogansnose

What has Evans been doing with the money from ST holders and with ticket reciepts which are in the top quartile of this division ? Should we form a charitable trust for Evans ?
Just a thought!!! on 19:03 - May 29 with 1996 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 17:45 - May 29 by brogansnose

What has Evans been doing with the money from ST holders and with ticket reciepts which are in the top quartile of this division ? Should we form a charitable trust for Evans ?

Hes running it as a business Keane and Jewell had the money that was an abject failure and to be honest the football wasn't much better or the results. Ticket sales go down he will have to plug the gap with money that otherwise would of been available to strenghten the squad.
Just a thought!!! on 19:12 - May 29 with 1991 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Just a thought!!! on 19:03 - May 29 by Swn98

Hes running it as a business Keane and Jewell had the money that was an abject failure and to be honest the football wasn't much better or the results. Ticket sales go down he will have to plug the gap with money that otherwise would of been available to strenghten the squad.

'otherwise would of been available to strenghten the squad'.

So it's nothing wrong when he keeps selling our assets to replace them with freebies and loanees. Nothing wrong to sell a key striker for 3m and replace him with a non-league substitute for 10k.

It's fans' fault then because of 1m loss in revenue then?

You're hilarious.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 19:23]
Just a thought!!! on 19:17 - May 29 with 1983 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 19:12 - May 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

'otherwise would of been available to strenghten the squad'.

So it's nothing wrong when he keeps selling our assets to replace them with freebies and loanees. Nothing wrong to sell a key striker for 3m and replace him with a non-league substitute for 10k.

It's fans' fault then because of 1m loss in revenue then?

You're hilarious.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 19:23]

Hilarious or works for the club !

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 19:29 - May 29 with 1970 viewstractorboy1978

Why are season ticket sales down? How can we get fans engaged again? They are the questions that the owner needs to be asking himself and those closer to the ground than he is.
Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought!!! on 19:48 - May 29 with 1947 viewsbrogansnose

Fine, Evans wants to run it as a business, although I don't like to look at it that way and I'm hazarding a guess that deep down neither do you . If a business has falling trade or a falling customer base then the company needs to win customers back and the best way to do this is to either lower prices or improve the product.

So say for example the supermarket of your choice has a drop in quality of its products, do you still keep buying their stuff or do you go elsewhere ? He chose to give that money to Keane and Jewell ,a nd for that matter Jim, and either took poor advice or thought he knew better. He alone is culpable for the money that he squandered and for the money that he will continue to lose if he doesn't come up with an effective policy and strategy to stop losing money which would be promotion. He has singularly failed to incrementally invest in this club whilst others have leaving us with the prospect of relegation in the short term and not being able to compete. For my own part I feel that he has got the money but he chooses not to spend , which is of course his perogative, but don't expect me to prop him up. I'm fed up with the broken promises and bs from the club and when I see him adopting something approaching a joined up strategy then I'll renew irrespective how much 'glory ' is going on. Until then I'll do all the aways and support the team, not the owner, that way.
Just a thought!!! on 19:54 - May 29 with 1937 viewsbrogansnose

Just a thought!!! on 19:29 - May 29 by tractorboy1978

Why are season ticket sales down? How can we get fans engaged again? They are the questions that the owner needs to be asking himself and those closer to the ground than he is.

We've been losing ST holders for years. Evans knows what the main reason for us losing them this season and that's because of the football played. Milne has recognised this and replacing Mick would bring a lot of fans back but he won't do it because he doesn't want to pay Mick off. Fine, that's his choice but its more than likely another year of stagnation and another £6 M down the pan for him.

PS, I'm not anti Mick although I'm not happy with the football played.
Just a thought!!! on 20:16 - May 29 with 1914 viewschristiand

Just a thought!!! on 19:54 - May 29 by brogansnose

We've been losing ST holders for years. Evans knows what the main reason for us losing them this season and that's because of the football played. Milne has recognised this and replacing Mick would bring a lot of fans back but he won't do it because he doesn't want to pay Mick off. Fine, that's his choice but its more than likely another year of stagnation and another £6 M down the pan for him.

PS, I'm not anti Mick although I'm not happy with the football played.

If a manager who has a wage bill of £5m less than ours, can get his team to play decent football and can get promoted to the Premier League there is clearly something wrong with our manager and his coaching credentials.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 20:27]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just a thought!!! on 22:07 - May 29 with 1879 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 20:16 - May 29 by christiand

If a manager who has a wage bill of £5m less than ours, can get his team to play decent football and can get promoted to the Premier League there is clearly something wrong with our manager and his coaching credentials.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 20:27]

How much did his squad cost ?
Just a thought!!! on 16:03 - May 30 with 1817 viewsrickw

I think you're missing the point - I see not renewing as the only thing we can do to encourage change! Yes it may hurt the club in the short term but I can't see the money being invested anyway.

If Mick goes some fans will come back
If miraculously Mick starts playing entertaining football some fans will come back
If Evans opens his wallet and buys an inspiring signing or two then some fans will come back.
And yes if we start winning some fans will come back.

If you are enjoying the entertainment then fair enough and renew, but if you aren't enjoying it and want to see change at the club then fans are voting with the feet and not renewing

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Just a thought!!! on 16:08 - May 30 with 1813 viewsReuser_is_God

Your superfan certificate is in the post!

When/if the club changes for the better you can thank me & the other 2k who didn't renew for forcing that change.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just a thought!!! on 16:10 - May 30 with 1813 viewsReuser_is_God

Just a thought!!! on 19:25 - May 28 by christiand

I can see the club using this as an excuse, but where is their accountability? ME has been reluctant to invest and MM's sides play crap football. I'm expecting the club to respond and accept that they have caused this mess. They need to get their act together and show the fans they are going to address the wrongs they have created. If they show willing and the team plays a better style of football, the fans will come back. It's over to the club ad particularly ME, what are they going to do to get our interest back in to Ipswich Town?

By the looks of it thus far, fcuk all!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just a thought!!! on 16:40 - May 30 with 1790 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 16:08 - May 30 by Reuser_is_God

Your superfan certificate is in the post!

When/if the club changes for the better you can thank me & the other 2k who didn't renew for forcing that change.

*SEE ALSO THE WALKUPS THAT WALKED THE OTHER WAY*

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024