Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought!!! 07:41 - May 28 with 9531 viewsSwn98

Looking to next season are those so called loyal fans of many years harming the club by not renewing?
Denying the club of 1million plus pounds income will surely reflect on the amount in the transfer fund.
Just a thought!!! on 07:44 - May 28 with 4582 viewsBluefish

That's what they are trying to do. In their warped minds it will force evans out. It might also relegate us and he might not find anyone to support out losses so the club could be wound up

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

on 07:44 - May 28 with 4581 views_

Just a thought!!! on 08:07 - May 28 with 4519 viewsFtnfwest

Yeah, after all it's the clubs money by rights...ahem
Just a thought!!! on 08:15 - May 28 with 4504 viewsbluejacko

Cant work out if you are serious or not
Just a thought!!! on 08:15 - May 28 with 4496 viewsWD19

What ppl choose tho spend their money and time on is entirely up to them.

Football clubs have and always will have 'glory hunters'. It's normal. What's rational about paying lots of money to watch cack football!?

Thing is, some ppl are a bit precious about admitting that for fear of losing superfan points.....so there has to be a reason. A higher purpose to them just making a rational decision. It's Mick. it's ME. it's the state of the turnstiles and/or the state of the stand roof.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 8:37]
Just a thought!!! on 08:36 - May 28 with 4453 viewstiptreeblue

would you people still buy a food you don`t like the taste of just because people tell you you should, because that`s the way you come across. open your eyes and see what you are being served up then tell me you would go back to that restaurant again?
Just a thought!!! on 08:39 - May 28 with 4443 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 08:15 - May 28 by bluejacko

Cant work out if you are serious or not

Yes I am raising in my opinion a very important point yes I agree people can do what they like with their own money just as ME can throw as much as he is willing to at the club.
I don't think it helps the club by the attitude of some of the fans if we are in contention at Christmas they will come flocking back this raises another question are they loyal fans or glory hunters?
Just a thought!!! on 08:41 - May 28 with 4424 viewsDubtractor

Just a thought!!! on 08:39 - May 28 by Swn98

Yes I am raising in my opinion a very important point yes I agree people can do what they like with their own money just as ME can throw as much as he is willing to at the club.
I don't think it helps the club by the attitude of some of the fans if we are in contention at Christmas they will come flocking back this raises another question are they loyal fans or glory hunters?

The idea that anyone who goes to watch Ipswich could be described as a glory hunter is laughable.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought!!! on 08:41 - May 28 with 4415 viewsBenters

Thats the one,if all else fails blame the fans .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Just a thought!!! on 08:44 - May 28 with 4404 viewsTractorWood

Evans has pushed the fans away with years of underinvestment, exploitative pricing and false transfer rhetoric. Everyone has a difference tolerance to pain but this season's ST pricing seemed to galvanise fans into taking a stand. The club still haven't announced a ST number and it hasn't organised a home friendly, I think they are starting to get the point that people in general have had enough.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Just a thought!!! on 08:44 - May 28 with 4399 viewsBenters

on 07:44 - May 28 by _

You are bang on.

The people who have walked away might, and i will say it again might give dear old Marcus Evans the kick up the arse he needs.

Then again it probably wont,he doesnt give a toss about the club or its fans,i am convinced about that.

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 08:45 - May 28 with 4396 viewsWD19

What's the difference?
Just a thought!!! on 08:47 - May 28 with 4394 viewsManchesterblue

M Evans is harming the club a lot more by not re-investing my hard earned cash, By not renewing I am hitting his pocket, When he goes I will return

Just a thought!!! on 08:50 - May 28 with 4378 viewsJ2BLUE

Just a thought!!! on 07:44 - May 28 by Bluefish

That's what they are trying to do. In their warped minds it will force evans out. It might also relegate us and he might not find anyone to support out losses so the club could be wound up

While this might be true for a minority, the majority who are looking to make a point by not renewing are trying to get Evans to change course either by investing more or changing the manager. Very few think it will force Evans out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just a thought!!! on 08:51 - May 28 with 4378 viewstrncbluearmy

But what is the club nowadays?
The Ipswich Town we all loved died long ago, now we have Marcus Bloody Evans FC
I wonder if we are a million miles away from the Blackpool situ, coupled with the general falling out of love with the game, the club previously known as Ipswich Town is in the most precarious position in it`s history.
Just a thought!!! on 08:54 - May 28 with 4367 viewsBenters

We are going to need a miricle at Christmas to be in cotention!

Not only are we crap,look at the teams that didnt go up this season how they have spent out on decent players,not only that look at the teams that have came down.

We have no chance at going up,in fact if ME doesnt change his transfer policy,we will be closer to going down .
[Post edited 28 May 2017 10:18]

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 08:59 - May 28 with 4346 viewsfactual_blue

The answer to your second question is 'yes'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just a thought!!! on 09:01 - May 28 with 4343 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 08:47 - May 28 by Manchesterblue

M Evans is harming the club a lot more by not re-investing my hard earned cash, By not renewing I am hitting his pocket, When he goes I will return

Same as ba.

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 09:22 - May 28 with 4282 viewsRegencyBlue

And of course Evans is entirely blameless in all of this!
Just a thought!!! on 09:34 - May 28 with 4262 viewsbrogansnose

Just a thought!!! on 08:50 - May 28 by J2BLUE

While this might be true for a minority, the majority who are looking to make a point by not renewing are trying to get Evans to change course either by investing more or changing the manager. Very few think it will force Evans out.

I don't want necessarily want Evans to go but I do want him to do better. Evans took ownership of this club , not because he was a 'fan' but because it was a good vehicle for him to get to the Premier League and have his company logo plastered all over the World on Sky. He stated at the time that there were ' clear business synergies' for buying Town after he had sniffed around other clubs, notably Southampton.

During his tenure we have been involved in more near relegation misses than real promotion pushes and on the one occaision that we were , he failed to press on with that advantage. He appointed the managers, set the budget and patently failed to read what was happening with the club in the wider context of the predictabilty of the toothlessness of FFP and parachute payments.....................oh, and not forgetting the dire football under succesive managers. All this with some of the highest ticket prices in our league. Perhaps we should raise ticket prices to help out an owner who has gambled and it hasn't paid off. Personally, I'm not in the habit of financially supporting a multi millionaire who have lucked out due to their own incompetance.

For my own part, I've not re-newed and like so many others this wasn't an easy decision and one that I really didn't want to do. Is it futile and pathetic ? Quite likely so but I can't shift the feeling that I'm being taken for a mug. My intention is to do all the away league matches this season and I can't wait for the glory of going to Preston on a Tuesday night.

Each to their own but don't try and pin any failure on those that haven't re-newed, Evans has been doing a good job of that on his own.
Just a thought!!! on 09:36 - May 28 with 4255 viewsScuzzer

durrr...really?
and there is nothing 'so called' about it laddie. 25 years a season ticket holder gives that person the right to be called a loyal fan. The only thing Evans understands is money....so it is the logical thing to do to make him realise that something is afoot.

Established 1968

Just a thought!!! on 10:14 - May 28 with 4179 viewsBluedandy

Evans reign has been dismal ... frighteningly it could get a lot worse.

But walk away? Never. If you're unhappy and want change then protest. Adding your name to the army of empty seats will only hasten our decline.

Also fans who persistently squabble over MM really miss the point. It is the lack of vision, ambition and passion from the top that is killing our club.
Just a thought!!! on 10:54 - May 28 with 4007 viewsSarge

What difference does £1million missing from a wallet that is never opened make?
Just a thought!!! on 11:35 - May 28 with 3949 viewspatrickswell

Just a thought!!! on 08:44 - May 28 by TractorWood

Evans has pushed the fans away with years of underinvestment, exploitative pricing and false transfer rhetoric. Everyone has a difference tolerance to pain but this season's ST pricing seemed to galvanise fans into taking a stand. The club still haven't announced a ST number and it hasn't organised a home friendly, I think they are starting to get the point that people in general have had enough.

This. Evans has been found wanting since January 2015 by not adequately backing the only manager who has made his hopes for promotion look plausible. It looks from the outside as though Evans has lost his will to be competitive and this season's January transfer window confirmed that. To go from "seven figure bids" for strikers to producing Keiffer Moore has rightly led many people to believe that he's taking the pee. Throw in the season ticket debacle and the general feeling coming out of the club that, "We're only Ipswich Town" and I can fully understand why people think, "If they don't care, why should I?"
Just a thought!!! on 12:06 - May 28 with 3941 viewstextbackup

Even if 4000 more became ST holders that money wouldn't be used.

People have had enough, judge them if u want, but it's wrong if you do

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024