Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought!!! 07:41 - May 28 with 9512 viewsSwn98

Looking to next season are those so called loyal fans of many years harming the club by not renewing?
Denying the club of 1million plus pounds income will surely reflect on the amount in the transfer fund.
Just a thought!!! on 12:09 - May 28 with 2855 viewstextbackup

Just a thought!!! on 08:36 - May 28 by tiptreeblue

would you people still buy a food you don`t like the taste of just because people tell you you should, because that`s the way you come across. open your eyes and see what you are being served up then tell me you would go back to that restaurant again?

What I find best is those that hardly ever eat at that restaurant due to not living close by are claiming others not eating there are wrong.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just a thought!!! on 12:37 - May 28 with 2833 viewsGuthrum

Loyal is not necessarily the same as mindless.

A lot of people have not renewed because they no longer believe the club is goving them what they want, or is going to going forward. These are fans who have supported the club for years. If the club is being damaged by that, maybe it should change its behaviour to win them back.

Loyalty has to be a two-way street, if it is to last.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just a thought!!! on 13:08 - May 28 with 2807 viewsmonty_radio

Just a thought!!! on 10:14 - May 28 by Bluedandy

Evans reign has been dismal ... frighteningly it could get a lot worse.

But walk away? Never. If you're unhappy and want change then protest. Adding your name to the army of empty seats will only hasten our decline.

Also fans who persistently squabble over MM really miss the point. It is the lack of vision, ambition and passion from the top that is killing our club.

It's an entertainment. Loyalty is one of its by-products. Who knows in percentage terms how many are "making a point", how many are finding the rising cost difficult and how many are just plain bored. All are within rights.

It's an entertainment: when the fun stops, stop - except that the reason, in this case, might just be that there's no gambling in sight.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Just a thought!!! on 13:47 - May 28 with 2785 viewsBluedandy

Just a thought!!! on 13:08 - May 28 by monty_radio

It's an entertainment. Loyalty is one of its by-products. Who knows in percentage terms how many are "making a point", how many are finding the rising cost difficult and how many are just plain bored. All are within rights.

It's an entertainment: when the fun stops, stop - except that the reason, in this case, might just be that there's no gambling in sight.

People are within rights to do whatever they want, but if you love this football club then I suggest walking away is not the answer.

20K-plus crowds inside Portman Road calling for change are more likely to get it than 12K.

If anything smaller crowds only strengthen the wholly specious idea that Evans is a saviour beyond reproach.

On a slightly separate but relevant theme it's also utterly bizarre how alleged fans boast of never going to Portman Road but happily post on this forum day in and day out.
Just a thought!!! on 14:04 - May 28 with 2774 viewstiptreeblue

Just a thought!!! on 13:47 - May 28 by Bluedandy

People are within rights to do whatever they want, but if you love this football club then I suggest walking away is not the answer.

20K-plus crowds inside Portman Road calling for change are more likely to get it than 12K.

If anything smaller crowds only strengthen the wholly specious idea that Evans is a saviour beyond reproach.

On a slightly separate but relevant theme it's also utterly bizarre how alleged fans boast of never going to Portman Road but happily post on this forum day in and day out.

i for one still come and look on here daily because i still love this club of ours. BUT i will not give money to something i am bored of watching. do you think we care less for the club because we don`t go anymore because that`s stupidity beyond belief
Just a thought!!! on 14:18 - May 28 with 2764 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 08:41 - May 28 by Dubtractor

The idea that anyone who goes to watch Ipswich could be described as a glory hunter is laughable.

FYI the first part of our playoff season the row where I sit had many empty seats at Christmas all seats were taken!
Just a thought!!! on 14:20 - May 28 with 2759 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 08:44 - May 28 by Benters

You are bang on.

The people who have walked away might, and i will say it again might give dear old Marcus Evans the kick up the arse he needs.

Then again it probably wont,he doesnt give a toss about the club or its fans,i am convinced about that.

Will not make any difference except to harm the club any money earmarked for squad strengthening will be diluted by the need to plug the decline in income.
Just a thought!!! on 14:29 - May 28 with 2756 viewstiptreeblue

Just a thought!!! on 14:20 - May 28 by Swn98

Will not make any difference except to harm the club any money earmarked for squad strengthening will be diluted by the need to plug the decline in income.

Thus, in the end, forcing a change in some capacity
Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought!!! on 14:31 - May 28 with 2754 viewsbluejacko

So who decided to harm the club by putting off the very supporters who did put money into the club by kicking them in the teeth with his stupid decision to raise tkt prices and punish those fans that have been going 30 odd years or more?
Is it any wonder people have said enough is enough!
Just a thought!!! on 15:17 - May 28 with 2733 viewsbraveblue

Evans's and McCarthy are harming the club. After around 26 years I can't bear to watch the dross McCarthy serves up nor listen to his idiotic comments. Nothing 'so called' here. Been a fan for a long time but will not support this regime. They just could not care less about the club.
Just a thought!!! on 19:25 - May 28 with 2689 viewschristiand

I can see the club using this as an excuse, but where is their accountability? ME has been reluctant to invest and MM's sides play crap football. I'm expecting the club to respond and accept that they have caused this mess. They need to get their act together and show the fans they are going to address the wrongs they have created. If they show willing and the team plays a better style of football, the fans will come back. It's over to the club ad particularly ME, what are they going to do to get our interest back in to Ipswich Town?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just a thought!!! on 21:40 - May 28 with 2645 viewsmonty_radio

Just a thought!!! on 13:47 - May 28 by Bluedandy

Answer to what? Fans pay to be entertained; it's not a responsibility issue.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Just a thought!!! on 22:05 - May 28 with 2629 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just a thought!!! on 09:34 - May 28 by brogansnose

I don't want necessarily want Evans to go but I do want him to do better. Evans took ownership of this club , not because he was a 'fan' but because it was a good vehicle for him to get to the Premier League and have his company logo plastered all over the World on Sky. He stated at the time that there were ' clear business synergies' for buying Town after he had sniffed around other clubs, notably Southampton.

During his tenure we have been involved in more near relegation misses than real promotion pushes and on the one occaision that we were , he failed to press on with that advantage. He appointed the managers, set the budget and patently failed to read what was happening with the club in the wider context of the predictabilty of the toothlessness of FFP and parachute payments.....................oh, and not forgetting the dire football under succesive managers. All this with some of the highest ticket prices in our league. Perhaps we should raise ticket prices to help out an owner who has gambled and it hasn't paid off. Personally, I'm not in the habit of financially supporting a multi millionaire who have lucked out due to their own incompetance.

For my own part, I've not re-newed and like so many others this wasn't an easy decision and one that I really didn't want to do. Is it futile and pathetic ? Quite likely so but I can't shift the feeling that I'm being taken for a mug. My intention is to do all the away league matches this season and I can't wait for the glory of going to Preston on a Tuesday night.

Each to their own but don't try and pin any failure on those that haven't re-newed, Evans has been doing a good job of that on his own.

Fair play buh

Fair play indeed

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just a thought!!! on 23:10 - May 28 with 2600 viewsTheSelkirk

Just a thought!!! on 14:18 - May 28 by Swn98

FYI the first part of our playoff season the row where I sit had many empty seats at Christmas all seats were taken!

I know I've asked before, but not had a response, but are you a ST holder and, if so, where do you actually sit? (area of course, not specifically).

and, just out of interest, how long have you had your season ticket?
Just a thought!!! on 01:20 - May 29 with 2576 viewsnorth_stand77

Just a thought!!! on 09:34 - May 28 by brogansnose

I don't want necessarily want Evans to go but I do want him to do better. Evans took ownership of this club , not because he was a 'fan' but because it was a good vehicle for him to get to the Premier League and have his company logo plastered all over the World on Sky. He stated at the time that there were ' clear business synergies' for buying Town after he had sniffed around other clubs, notably Southampton.

During his tenure we have been involved in more near relegation misses than real promotion pushes and on the one occaision that we were , he failed to press on with that advantage. He appointed the managers, set the budget and patently failed to read what was happening with the club in the wider context of the predictabilty of the toothlessness of FFP and parachute payments.....................oh, and not forgetting the dire football under succesive managers. All this with some of the highest ticket prices in our league. Perhaps we should raise ticket prices to help out an owner who has gambled and it hasn't paid off. Personally, I'm not in the habit of financially supporting a multi millionaire who have lucked out due to their own incompetance.

For my own part, I've not re-newed and like so many others this wasn't an easy decision and one that I really didn't want to do. Is it futile and pathetic ? Quite likely so but I can't shift the feeling that I'm being taken for a mug. My intention is to do all the away league matches this season and I can't wait for the glory of going to Preston on a Tuesday night.

Each to their own but don't try and pin any failure on those that haven't re-newed, Evans has been doing a good job of that on his own.

This is spot on as far as I am concerned and almost identical to how I see things.
After a lot of consideration, I have not renewed my 2 season tickets - and I've had them many years. It hurts me to do so but Evans et al need to show the supporters that they are valued and until they do, I will not renew.

I find the OP insulting and simplistic,. I have paid in thousands of pounds to the club over time but feel they are just taking the Mick out of loyal fans. Enough is enough
Just a thought!!! on 07:20 - May 29 with 2539 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 12:06 - May 28 by textbackup

Even if 4000 more became ST holders that money wouldn't be used.

People have had enough, judge them if u want, but it's wrong if you do

This.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Just a thought!!! on 07:26 - May 29 with 2536 viewsBenters

So in this case it is blame the fans ?

What about in Jan 2015 when were were flying,had pretty decent crowds,our away following was near enough sold out every game,how come ME didnt really take the bit between his teeth and go for it?

If that is your reasoning you are wrong.

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 07:36 - May 29 with 2526 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 01:20 - May 29 by north_stand77

This is spot on as far as I am concerned and almost identical to how I see things.
After a lot of consideration, I have not renewed my 2 season tickets - and I've had them many years. It hurts me to do so but Evans et al need to show the supporters that they are valued and until they do, I will not renew.

I find the OP insulting and simplistic,. I have paid in thousands of pounds to the club over time but feel they are just taking the Mick out of loyal fans. Enough is enough

It got me to this point season before last.

The QPR away game and Pompey cup game killed a lot of my interest for MM and ME.

If anybody thinks ME loves this club as much as the fans,just take a look at the state of the stadium,let alone the £10k signnings from the Dog and Duck.

Sadly ME is running the club on the lowest costings he can,and it has caught us all up.

Still no news on the season ticket sales or the pricing of the day trippers tickets.

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 07:48 - May 29 with 2519 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 23:10 - May 28 by TheSelkirk

I know I've asked before, but not had a response, but are you a ST holder and, if so, where do you actually sit? (area of course, not specifically).

and, just out of interest, how long have you had your season ticket?

I don't recall you asking me before however I answer your question with pleasure I have supported Town for 45 years my first season ticket was on the old cobbled terrace then by a few moves I find myself in the Alf Ramsey lower,what this has to do with the original post I know not.
Just a thought!!! on 07:56 - May 29 with 2514 viewsSwn98

Just a thought!!! on 01:20 - May 29 by north_stand77

Can't see why you see it insulting and simplistic all I did in framing the post in such a manner was to stimulate debate.
The trouble with TWTD is that many users seem to take everything personally these days instead of looking at the bigger picture.
Just a thought!!! on 07:59 - May 29 with 2511 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 07:56 - May 29 by Swn98

Can't see why you see it insulting and simplistic all I did in framing the post in such a manner was to stimulate debate.
The trouble with TWTD is that many users seem to take everything personally these days instead of looking at the bigger picture.

If your happy and you know it clap your hands!

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 08:17 - May 29 with 2490 viewsbrogansnose

Just a thought!!! on 07:56 - May 29 by Swn98

You don't help yourself when you question 'so called fans' loyalty which is bound to get peoples backs up. I would politely ask you to look at the bigger picture of Evans tenure and its him alone, not the fans, that has lead to the prognosis for the club looking decidedly bleak at this juncture.
Just a thought!!! on 08:24 - May 29 with 2483 viewsTheSelkirk

Just a thought!!! on 07:48 - May 29 by Swn98

I don't recall you asking me before however I answer your question with pleasure I have supported Town for 45 years my first season ticket was on the old cobbled terrace then by a few moves I find myself in the Alf Ramsey lower,what this has to do with the original post I know not.

Purely out of interest.

However, I do wonder how you would feel if you had a season off (from your long standing support) and then found yourself referred to as a 'so called' supporter or glory hunter.
Just a thought!!! on 08:38 - May 29 with 2467 viewsBenters

Just a thought!!! on 08:24 - May 29 by TheSelkirk

Purely out of interest.

However, I do wonder how you would feel if you had a season off (from your long standing support) and then found yourself referred to as a 'so called' supporter or glory hunter.

Dont worry,those of us who have walked away will be thrashing on the ticket office door at Christmas begging for tickets !

Gentlybentley

Just a thought!!! on 09:39 - May 29 with 2431 viewsBluebell

Just a thought!!! on 07:26 - May 29 by Benters

So in this case it is blame the fans ?

What about in Jan 2015 when were were flying,had pretty decent crowds,our away following was near enough sold out every game,how come ME didnt really take the bit between his teeth and go for it?

If that is your reasoning you are wrong.

ME was using FFP as an excuse for not spending money on players. Nobody was sticking to it and no team got fined for spending millions.

Last season he couldn't use that excuse but was still buying players for peanuts.

Unfortunately I can see this being the way while ME is the owner.

Either people buy tickets because they want to continue watching the football or they decide to take a break. Their choice and it doesn't make them any less of a fan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024