Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Captain SKA - Liar Liar 10:48 - May 29 with 7524 viewsArcher4721

I haven't heard this being played on the radio yet even though it's in top 10 after 2 days being released.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/theresa-mays-a-liar-song-is-now

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 10:50 - May 29 with 5727 viewsunbelievablue

Well obviously the BBC won't play it.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 10:54 - May 29 with 5714 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't play it due to political bias of course.

Maybe if they remix it about Corbyn 'not meeting' the IRA that would give balance and they can play both.

Just throw in the Lib Dem remix on tuition fees and we're done :)
Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 10:57 - May 29 with 5706 viewsunbelievablue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 10:54 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

Can't play it due to political bias of course.

Maybe if they remix it about Corbyn 'not meeting' the IRA that would give balance and they can play both.

Just throw in the Lib Dem remix on tuition fees and we're done :)

He didn't meet the IRA though, did he?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 11:00 - May 29 with 5694 viewsElderGrizzly

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 10:57 - May 29 by unbelievablue

Of course Diane Abbott did say this a few days ago:
"Jeremy met IRA members 'in their capacity as Sinn Fein activists'"

It's like saying i've never eaten potatoes, but i eat chips.

Anyway, my original response wasn't meant to take this up all again. Have a good day!
[Post edited 29 May 2017 11:07]
Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:19 - May 29 with 5628 viewsPinewoodblue

Liar is a bit strong, she is just opinionated and probably believes 99% of what she says. Which is of course a good enough reason not to vote for her party.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:30 - May 29 with 5604 viewsGlasgowBlue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 10:57 - May 29 by unbelievablue

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/gerry-adams-was-on-ir

Taoiseach Enda Kenny has accused Sinn Fein President Gerry Adams of being a member of the IRA's army council.

Speaking at his party's presidential dinner on Saturday night, Mr Kenny said that from materials and documents he had read, it was his opinion that Mr Adams was not only an IRA member but also a senior figure on its army council.

From Martin McGuinness: From Guns To Government

‘McGuinness personally supervised the Derry IRA’s first major success of 1987.’ That ‘success’ was for two IRA men first to murder a psychology student called Leslie Jarvis, who taught leatherwork to inmates in Magilligan prison and was therefore deemed a ‘legitimate target’. The killers then used the dead man as bait, switching his briefcase with one containing a bomb. When two policemen arrived on the scene and examined the case, they were both blown to smithereens. An IRA volunteer interviewed by the authors explained that ‘McGuinness was in the house opposite watching everything. He quite often liked to be close when things went off to watch and see… it was part of his strategy, his way of refining operations.’

[Post edited 29 May 2017 13:32]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:51 - May 29 with 5579 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:30 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/gerry-adams-was-on-ir

Taoiseach Enda Kenny has accused Sinn Fein President Gerry Adams of being a member of the IRA's army council.

Speaking at his party's presidential dinner on Saturday night, Mr Kenny said that from materials and documents he had read, it was his opinion that Mr Adams was not only an IRA member but also a senior figure on its army council.

From Martin McGuinness: From Guns To Government

‘McGuinness personally supervised the Derry IRA’s first major success of 1987.’ That ‘success’ was for two IRA men first to murder a psychology student called Leslie Jarvis, who taught leatherwork to inmates in Magilligan prison and was therefore deemed a ‘legitimate target’. The killers then used the dead man as bait, switching his briefcase with one containing a bomb. When two policemen arrived on the scene and examined the case, they were both blown to smithereens. An IRA volunteer interviewed by the authors explained that ‘McGuinness was in the house opposite watching everything. He quite often liked to be close when things went off to watch and see… it was part of his strategy, his way of refining operations.’

[Post edited 29 May 2017 13:32]

Meanwhile in 2017..........

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:55 - May 29 with 5572 viewsWD19

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:51 - May 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Diane Abbotts haircut is a definite upgrade.
Login to get fewer ads

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:55 - May 29 with 5567 viewsGlasgowBlue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:51 - May 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Meanwhile in 2017 Corbyn continues to lie about meeting the IRA. Which was the point I was replying to.

Iron Lion Zion

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 14:24 - May 29 with 5537 viewsArcher4721

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:55 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Meanwhile in 2017 Corbyn continues to lie about meeting the IRA. Which was the point I was replying to.

The OP was about a song by People’s Assembly Against Austerity with all proceeds going to those charities.

But of course you've tried to turn it into something else.

http://www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/liar_liar
[Post edited 29 May 2017 14:37]
Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 14:55 - May 29 with 5491 viewsGlasgowBlue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 14:24 - May 29 by Archer4721

The OP was about a song by People’s Assembly Against Austerity with all proceeds going to those charities.

But of course you've tried to turn it into something else.

http://www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/liar_liar
[Post edited 29 May 2017 14:37]

If you could read then you would have seen that Elder Grisly turned it into something else. Unbelievablue replied to EG and I replied to Unbelievablue.

Keeping up with a conversation isn't you strong point is it?

Iron Lion Zion

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 15:47 - May 29 with 5462 viewsBLUEBEAT

Are you going on record here saying Corbyn 100% intended to meet with IRA rather than Sinn Féin?

Poll: W or W

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 15:52 - May 29 with 5449 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn is not mentioned once in the reply though, it goes on about McGuinness enjoying watching stuff.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 15:56 - May 29 with 5430 viewsGlasgowBlue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 15:52 - May 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn is not mentioned once in the reply though, it goes on about McGuinness enjoying watching stuff.

He's pictured twice in the reply. Both pictures place him with members of the IRA ruling council.

Iron Lion Zion

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 16:48 - May 29 with 5371 viewsGromheort

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 13:19 - May 29 by Pinewoodblue

Liar is a bit strong, she is just opinionated and probably believes 99% of what she says. Which is of course a good enough reason not to vote for her party.

Certainly dissonance kicks in, plus warped morality. However, she's educated and therefore must have a good idea that she's spreading misinformation.

Bevan summed it up nicely: "How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics".
Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 17:39 - May 29 with 5296 viewsPinewoodblue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 16:48 - May 29 by Gromheort

Certainly dissonance kicks in, plus warped morality. However, she's educated and therefore must have a good idea that she's spreading misinformation.

Bevan summed it up nicely: "How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics".

But as any aspiring politician will tell you being economical with the truth isn't the same as telling a lie.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 17:44 - May 29 with 5289 viewsGromheort

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 17:39 - May 29 by Pinewoodblue

But as any aspiring politician will tell you being economical with the truth isn't the same as telling a lie.

Depends on the sneak value I suppose. Selective choice of statistics (e.g. using a 'real' figure, rather than a preferred 'per capita') could be seen as political cunning. However, taking things out of context (i.e. knowingly distorting) is a different kettle of fish.
Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 19:48 - May 29 with 5218 viewsBLUEBEAT

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/thickos-are-trying-to-smear-jere

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:00 - May 29 with 5198 viewsHARRY10

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 15:56 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

He's pictured twice in the reply. Both pictures place him with members of the IRA ruling council.

The Queen met Martin Macguiness. Ian paisley became his friend.

That is the nature of politics. I don't doubt for one moment she enjoyed that meeting, but that is politics. You do what is needed.

Much as you are, trying to shore up the Tories by misrepresenting Corbyn's past.

Tells us much about both of you.
Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:10 - May 29 with 5184 viewsGlasgowBlue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:00 - May 29 by HARRY10

The Queen met Martin Macguiness. Ian paisley became his friend.

That is the nature of politics. I don't doubt for one moment she enjoyed that meeting, but that is politics. You do what is needed.

Much as you are, trying to shore up the Tories by misrepresenting Corbyn's past.

Tells us much about both of you.

The Queen didn't meet Martin McGuiness when his organisation was blowing up kids in British shopping centres. Corbyn did.

The Queen didn't meet senior IRA members during the height of the IRA bombing campaign. Corbyn met with Gerry Adams just months after the IRA murdered 5 innocent people in Brighton.

The Queen didn't share a stage with an IRA terrorist who was in the run after killing a British soldier. Corbyn did.

There is no record of the Queen standing for a minutes silence in honour of IRA terrorists. There is of Corbyn.

But this has been done to death. If you are happy to be an apologist for a supporter of terrorism then that is your prerogative.

Iron Lion Zion

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:11 - May 29 with 5179 viewsGlasgowBlue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 19:48 - May 29 by BLUEBEAT

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/thickos-are-trying-to-smear-jere

So was it a different Gerry Adams that Corbyn met with in 1984? If not then your link is completely worthless.

Iron Lion Zion

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:21 - May 29 with 5155 viewsHARRY10

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:10 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

The Queen didn't meet Martin McGuiness when his organisation was blowing up kids in British shopping centres. Corbyn did.

The Queen didn't meet senior IRA members during the height of the IRA bombing campaign. Corbyn met with Gerry Adams just months after the IRA murdered 5 innocent people in Brighton.

The Queen didn't share a stage with an IRA terrorist who was in the run after killing a British soldier. Corbyn did.

There is no record of the Queen standing for a minutes silence in honour of IRA terrorists. There is of Corbyn.

But this has been done to death. If you are happy to be an apologist for a supporter of terrorism then that is your prerogative.

British kids ?

I suppose if they were Syrian it would be ok ?

The Queen has met numerous heads of state whose armed forces have blown up kids ... remember Vietnam.

How many innocent Irish were blown up in Dublin in 1916. They were British kids as well.

There are two points here. One being your constant attempts to portray the complexities of the world through some simplistic Enid Blyton prism where there are goodies and baddies... nothing else. And your constant avoidance of defending what the Tories are doing now and intend to if elected.

And as most will see, they are entwined. A dogmatic blind subservience to one cause is not a healthy position to take. I chose to take the other path, and I know which one has been the cause of much of the world's woes.

Call me an apologist if it suits your narrative, but what I will not apologise for is trying to see both sides however repugnant that often is.
Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:22 - May 29 with 5150 viewsBLUEBEAT

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:11 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

So was it a different Gerry Adams that Corbyn met with in 1984? If not then your link is completely worthless.

There is no absolute proof Gerry Adams was IRA. His father was. He was IRB. Show me absolute proof.

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:26 - May 29 with 5138 viewsGlasgowBlue

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:21 - May 29 by HARRY10

British kids ?

I suppose if they were Syrian it would be ok ?

The Queen has met numerous heads of state whose armed forces have blown up kids ... remember Vietnam.

How many innocent Irish were blown up in Dublin in 1916. They were British kids as well.

There are two points here. One being your constant attempts to portray the complexities of the world through some simplistic Enid Blyton prism where there are goodies and baddies... nothing else. And your constant avoidance of defending what the Tories are doing now and intend to if elected.

And as most will see, they are entwined. A dogmatic blind subservience to one cause is not a healthy position to take. I chose to take the other path, and I know which one has been the cause of much of the world's woes.

Call me an apologist if it suits your narrative, but what I will not apologise for is trying to see both sides however repugnant that often is.

we are talking about somebody who wants to be British Prime Minister. It is incomparable for somebody who has supported an organisation who blew up British kids.

I'm fed up saying the same thing tbh so I'll leave it with this:

Corbyn said 'My role was supporting a process which would bring about a dialogue and I believe you have to talk.’ This is a lie.

The SDLP’s Seamus Mallon, former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland and one of the architects of the peace process, says: ‘I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.’ Ex-IRA terrorist Sean O’Callaghan says Corbyn ‘played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland’ and any suggestion otherwise is ‘a cowardly, self-serving

You carry on with your head in the sand. I'm done with this subject.

Iron Lion Zion

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:33 - May 29 with 5123 viewsBLUEBEAT

Captain SKA - Liar Liar on 20:26 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

we are talking about somebody who wants to be British Prime Minister. It is incomparable for somebody who has supported an organisation who blew up British kids.

I'm fed up saying the same thing tbh so I'll leave it with this:

Corbyn said 'My role was supporting a process which would bring about a dialogue and I believe you have to talk.’ This is a lie.

The SDLP’s Seamus Mallon, former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland and one of the architects of the peace process, says: ‘I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.’ Ex-IRA terrorist Sean O’Callaghan says Corbyn ‘played no part ever, at any time, in promoting peace in Northern Ireland’ and any suggestion otherwise is ‘a cowardly, self-serving

You carry on with your head in the sand. I'm done with this subject.

You're done with this subject because you cannot provide absolute proof.

I come from a Tigers Bay Loyalist family and believe me when I say I would like nothing more than to see him tagged truthfully as IRA.

There really isn't any proof, just many sources saying proof exists.

If there was proof he certainly wouldn't be around today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024