Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Burley 12:20 - May 29 with 2603 viewsWickets

Just read George's comments in the Green 'un .Cant argue with his comments, any chance the powers that be at Town will take note?
George Burley on 12:37 - May 29 with 2491 viewsMark

I doubt it, they seem to be happy just to stay in the Championship. Sad to think on Play-Off Final day just how far we are away from getting there again. If we had earned another 25 points this season we still wouldn't have made the Play-Offs.
George Burley on 12:51 - May 29 with 2427 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its a nice sentiment, and good to have ambition.

But our playing budget doesnt compare to the top 6, and there are plenty of other clubs in the league that can rival our history.

I would love us to get in the play offs again, but the reality is that we are probably a bottom half club at this moment in time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

George Burley on 14:10 - May 29 with 2198 viewsbontcho

George Burley on 12:51 - May 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a nice sentiment, and good to have ambition.

But our playing budget doesnt compare to the top 6, and there are plenty of other clubs in the league that can rival our history.

I would love us to get in the play offs again, but the reality is that we are probably a bottom half club at this moment in time.

There look to be only two (positive) ways out of this glut-

1. Sugar Daddy owner takeover
2. The Academy

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

George Burley on 14:43 - May 29 with 2100 viewsRegencyBlue

George Burley on 14:10 - May 29 by bontcho

There look to be only two (positive) ways out of this glut-

1. Sugar Daddy owner takeover
2. The Academy

I'd say one!

Any decent player the Academy produces is going to be snapped up by a Cat 1 club sooner rather than later.
George Burley on 14:47 - May 29 with 2075 viewsCoco

In hindsight I believe we would be in a better place if we had just stuck with him.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

George Burley on 15:16 - May 29 with 2000 viewssundaze

The way that football is going, it's only a matter of time before the big eight clubs split from the premier league. Even established clubs in the premier league are loosing money, despite earning millions each season. Clubs in the championship are going into an ever increasing spiral of debt to reach the "promised land", the ones that make it suddenly find themselves with millions added to their accounts, but most of it goes on paying off their debt, the rest goes on over inflated transfer fees, agent fees and out of control wages. Season after season they try desperately to prolong their stay in the "promised land", no hope of winning anything, throwing everything at avoiding relegation.
The clubs that don't get promotion have to choose whether to continue getting deeper and deeper into debt, or hope for a miracle, that a team of no hopers can go on a run that will get them into the playoffs.
George Burley on 15:33 - May 29 with 1947 viewsMoisha

George Burley on 14:47 - May 29 by Coco

In hindsight I believe we would be in a better place if we had just stuck with him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I believe if we'd sacked him after the Liverpool or Southampton home defeats we'd have stayed up.
George Burley on 15:33 - May 29 with 1945 viewsjas0999

None. If so, changes wouldl have been made by now.

Edit: believe I read somewhere that our wage budget is 17th highest in the championship last season. Probably be even lower this year.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 15:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024