Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"New" car niggles 12:41 - May 29 with 1680 viewsPendejo

I recently said a sad bye to my trusty 12 year old Volvo [which I'd had for 7 years and obtained ridiculously cheap] and replaced it with a Euro 6 emissions compliant Mazda 6.

The Mazda looks fantastic, is fully laden with all the bells and whistles one could imagine.

The difference between test drive and real life ownership of a car is amazing, and not in a good sense.
Those bells and whistles I mentioned are flippin' annoying - approaching traffic light, changes in speed limit, traffic cameras all result in a bing bing bing, but no visual clue as to what is going on which is very distracting and unsafe! Especially as my journey to / from work involves using the M4 elevated section thru Brentford above the A4... so it bings for lights / cameras on A4 and M4. These bings operate with or without the SatNav on, and there are visual clues when SatNav is on.

As for the sport suspension - I live in South London and the shortest / quickest way to work involves sleeping policemen / speed cushions all over the place... the Volvo used to go over with ease & comfort the Mazda doesn't.

I now wish I had held onto the Volvo until I could find another Volvo came along, especially as I've sold it to a colleague and see it in the car park for half my working week. He is chuffed with it as I sold it to him for half its market value and it has a damn fine engine.

First world problems.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

"New" car niggles on 12:44 - May 29 with 1666 viewssparks

The bings are fine- you can turn them off I believe.

The suspension is so much more pleasant than sloppy rolly cars like most are. You'll learn to appreciate quickly imo.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

"New" car niggles on 14:08 - May 29 with 1555 viewsEly_Blue

Should have bought German not that Asian rubbish

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

"New" car niggles on 14:09 - May 29 with 1557 viewssparks

"New" car niggles on 14:08 - May 29 by Ely_Blue

Mazda is Japanese and has an extraordinary reputation for reliability etc.

You also get a lot more car for your money. Vastly prefer my 6 to the BMW I traded in for it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

"New" car niggles on 14:15 - May 29 with 1537 viewsSarge

I like the new Volvo S90. I think the biggest compliment you can give it is that it doesn't look like a Volvo!
"New" car niggles on 15:23 - May 29 with 1458 viewsPendejo

"New" car niggles on 14:08 - May 29 by Ely_Blue

I had considered the 5 series, however, I live in Inner London, do 15k miles a year, use it for commuting, street park & needed Euro 6 compliant engine [diesel or 4 for petrol].

The Mazda is bigger & more powerful [bhp] than by old S80 but cheaper to insure, whereas the prestige German Marques [with leather seats] cost more to insure. Did consider Lexus IS Hybid but was too tight to go the extra £4k.

My grandfathers would both be disowning me if they were still alive.

uberima fides

"New" car niggles on 15:25 - May 29 with 1448 viewsPendejo

"New" car niggles on 14:15 - May 29 by Sarge

I like the new Volvo S90. I think the biggest compliment you can give it is that it doesn't look like a Volvo!

XC90 appears to have done well - I see a lot of them on my homeward journey from work.

Have only seen 2 of the new S90s and wish my company still had Volvos rather than the standard euro taxi fare E Class.

uberima fides

"New" car niggles on 15:44 - May 29 with 1417 viewshomer_123

"New" car niggles on 14:09 - May 29 by sparks

Mazda is Japanese and has an extraordinary reputation for reliability etc.

You also get a lot more car for your money. Vastly prefer my 6 to the BMW I traded in for it.

Mazda have only just come out of their relationship with a Ford, they were n dire straights. The new Mazdas are the first that don't use Ford parts or engines.

Therefore be mindful on reliability at this stage.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024